Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 027 – Assumption – Operation Dark (1)
262 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Theodore looks at Rainy and says:  “I am sorry Rainy our plan needs to be adjusted a little. We are going to save them, care for them, and feed them properly, but we will need to teleport them to another place. We will need to hide our identities from those friends of yours as well, just to be safe.”

Bruce in doubt says: “Are you sure about your assumptions Theodore?” Theodore says: “I am pretty sure! Either someone in Rainy’s group is involved or someone has given something to one or to all of the elvish youngsters that can track their whereabouts if it wasn’t the supervisor.”

Theodore thinks for a moment, and asks: “Rainy think did anyone give something to the group before you left your Village?” Rainy thought for a moment and says nervously: “Yes, we received each a bag of herbs that can ward of some of the vicious animals not in our control in the forest. I lost mine when we escaped it got stuck on a ….” Rainy stops and starts to cry. Theodore walks to her, embraced her, and patted her back. Eric and Bruce see the situation and remain quiet because they now understood why she turned back in the direction of the Forest Village.

Theodore consoling Rainy and says: “Get it all out, Rainy. Starry would be glad knowing you are safe with us, also knowing you cared for her. If we manage to regain her body, we will give her a decent burial or if you like, return her to your village where she can be rejoined with the Tree of Life.”

 

After several minutes Rainy calms down, got out of the embrace, and says: “If you could find her body, I would appreciate if we can return her to our Elven Village. Her parents would want to return her back to the eternal cycle.” Theodore looks at Eric and Bruce, they nodded, and he says: “We will give it a try Rainy. But it will be hard if she’s left in the forest.” Rainy says: “I know Theo at least you’ve tried.”

Theodore sat down next to her, then looks at Eric and Bruce, and says: “Now that we have a reasonable idea what exactly is at play and who the presumable players are if we follow our assumption, we have to alter our plans a bit to a concrete …”

 

Phase 1, Surveillance and Gathering:

First Eric and Bruce will scout for a location, preferably an abandoned building that’s near the forest and place a piece of localization amber inside. Hopefully, the nearby neighbors will able to slip some useful information to them unknowingly, under the covers of needing warehouses to store their future harvest.

May will keep to her schedule and visit the Grocery Store and buy the necessary supply, slipping in another piece of localization amber within the store. They decided to clean it out and set the Store on fire later in the evening as a distraction, as revenge on poisoning their supplies by the Store Keeper known as ‘Blackie’. This will pull the guards towards the store and hopefully the Chief as well.

Eric and Bruce will visit the Chief during the day with a special baked pie. To be informed about the security of the Village and who to report to if they want to buy an additional building and other minor stuff. If they become rude then they will use Eric’s father's name as his backing which will remind them that he’s still a son of a noble and there is still some arrogance in him. Bruce already told them that the Guard station is near the Village Chief mansion and where the Captain’s stays also known as ‘Rudy’. While there, they should request a tour and place pieces of localization ambers inside the Guard station and the Chief's office which is in the mansion.

Spacey will put up surveillance directly once the ambers are placed and observe the surroundings and will notify Eric and Bruce if they need to extend their search perimeters to where most of the buildings are located. They themselves are moving beacons with their own amber around their necks and it would be easy to scan their surroundings. Once they pinpoint the location of those youngsters, they will look for places near it and place ambers in the surroundings of the building they are kept.

After May returns from doing groceries, she and Jade will go to the forest to trace Rainy's steps back where she initially was hurt. That place should have two traces where they split off, one which led to Rainy, and hopefully, there should be visible signs Starry or the men left to Starry body. With the help of Theodore and Rainy inside Space, they should be able to find some disturbing dirt, grass, leaves, or broken tree branches.

On the way, they will collect various plants, mushrooms, berries, flowers, and other sorts, which would possibly advance the crop further and give experience points. Rainy was informed why they needed them and what grafting is which results in leveling up of better crops within Space, she became interested. Also, most important dry leaves and branches were needed for the actual operation.

 

Phase 2, Cover-up and Alibi:

When Eric and Bruce are back, they will immediately start working on the fields and often switch going into Space and build temporary enclosed walls with a sliding door far away from the other structures, when opened it shows only open fields.

In between constructing the walls in OFT-Space, they go back to the outside and prepare the fields for planting ‘tilting the lands’, while ‘resting and taken refreshment’ they swap between working the fields outside and constructing the walls in Space. 

After the women return with a basket of forest vegetation, they will teach the kids on the porch and show the reading materials. The only one absent is Theodore, who is still presumably recovering, while actually is observing in Space the chatter of all players involved in this abducting case. He also needs to learn how to control his new enhance senses with help of Rainy, which he told them and covered it up that the Nature QI gave him these changes. But he doesn’t know if it’s the Spatial Server responsible for it or something else, Spacey is analyzing it.

This will continue until nightfall as they are prepared to sleep, while Eric and Bruce are still on the porch seeing them discussing the fields.

So it would visibly show that their families are prepared to stay for a long period and have no time in other stuff.

 

Phase 3 Disguise and Identity: 

While doing so the women with the help of the girls will prepare some of the berries and petals of flowers to be used for coloring their hair differently and darken their skin color. Even change to the color of some of their wardrobe, these were easily washed off with water if it didn’t remain too long.

But to their surprise, Spacey showed them a hidden section in the Store Panel, which is made just for amusement. This hidden store is where the host can get disguises and outfits to change appearances inside OFT Space, just like within the game Farming Together, beards, mustaches, wigs, and dye which was easily removed. Several outfits that look strange to the people here but all so familiar to Theodore and more practical to the things he is currently wearing. Rainy looks at them with curiosity and was eager to try some of them on.

Theodore asks why this interface was hidden and Spacey replied that it had no value in the current OFT-space, so it was hidden. Theodore however seeing that they won’t need the make dye out of berries and flower petals were relieved, but says it would be wise to gather as much as the possible and huge amount if possible. This, for preparation in the future, if they ever need it to disguise others outside Space, such as Bruce and Jade other families who are still in the Duchy and might be used as hostages if it were to be known they helped the Elves.

As for identity, they will claim that they are hermits of the Neutral Party to the youngster elves once rescued, an actual group of people who roams the continent without care about laws. Because they move to different forested places on the continent, they are hardly seen. They usually live in the outskirts and feed on nature itself. And it was just perfect using their identity in this operation which also could lead them to the betrayers in the Elven Village who are in contact with the Village Chief, presumably. 

Eric and Bruce agreed that they need to create another persona for themselves within the continent, after a round of fierce debate they decided on the “Mystical Alliance”. Theodore explained that this won’t be the only time they would act. And they should announce their presence once they are out there selling their goods under the name ‘Heavens Mist’, because of their mystical ways of appearing and disappearing.

This will also turn the attention of the nobles away from the Forest Village where they are residing for some time, as they will be looking in a different direction and wouldn’t put a commoner Village in their eyes. As for the future Beast Tides that threatens the Village, Rainy will keep taps on the Elves and warn them in advance. Yep, he was again in his own fantasy world, and to make matter worse Rainy was also playing along. (1)

With the reveal of the Hidden Store, Phase 3 was officially completed beforehand. A worry less, they sigh in relief.

 

Soon the women and the girls join in. A brief pause was welcome, while Theodore and Rainy are chatting with Jenna and Maggie how it went with farming, Jade and May were informed to what they discussed thus far. Eric even asks Spacey to print Phase 1 through Phase 3 of the operation on paper. After Jade and May read about the Hidden Store, they demanded to see it, and yeah, women, they had to try on some of the outfits. But are reminded that the time of watching the movie would be gone for today. They sulked, but are comforted that they could try it on tomorrow!

 

With Jade and May joining in, they swiftly went through the next phase, which they called…

Phase 4 Executing "Dark" and Aftermath:

Since everything was concealed and their operation starts in the evening they called it “Dark”.

After it was known where the youngsters are kept, Theodore, Eric, and Bruce will teleport first inside the Grocery Store which would be empty during that time. They will start cleaning the whole place up adding them in their backpack, replaced with dry branches and leaves that are taken from the forest. As for worries that there are trackers put on the stuff, they wouldn’t have to. Everything in the Backpack or OFT-Space is isolated which makes trackers useless.
When they are done clearing the Grocery Store, after putting the amber further away they will burn the dry branches and leaves and teleport away. Afraid it would get wet when the villagers start extinguishing the fire, this way they can follow the movement of everyone there and the presence of key figures.

It didn’t matter though Spacey will scan around the location where the youngsters are kept, as soon as there is little to no guard presence around those youngsters, Theodore will teleport to an amber near with Eric and Bruce. This time Theodore will take the advance while Eric and Bruce are on the lookout for any danger. He will use his deconstruction ability to make a hole in the wall and if possible disassemble the entire building, but that would draw too much attention to their location so he decided against it.

If the youngsters are the only ones present, Theodore will enter alone first to keep the youngsters calm. He will tell them to keep quiet and listen, while he explains in short the reason he’s there and let them know that this is all because of Rainy urging. He also explains that the captors put trackers on them and anything held by the youngsters should be dropped on the ground, even the things they took with them from the village. It will be placed in a temporary container, which can block any trackers and after they have been checked will be handed back to them. He will explain that’s how they found Starry and lost Rainy when they escaped.

Theodore will tell them that they will be checked before leaving the location. They absolutely can’t be traced back by those captors as it concerns more than just them, the youngsters, this should empathize. Once it’s done, they will receive each a MaC and would be teleported to the enclosed walls inside OFT-Space, which Spacey will mark these youngsters to enter there. Theodore will explain it’s a temporary location, till the ruckus outside calms down and they are ready to return to the Village. Rainy will be carried to them, so she can calm them down and Theodore's group will gain some trust with the youngsters. She will also tell them what she experienced after she and Starry escaped and she will ask them to write up their experience, what they went through and about the descriptions of the men that captured them, the letters would be given to the nobles controlling the Village and the Elder High Elves, while they are being treated and fed properly to regain a bit of their strength.

When the Village Chief is aware of the missing youngsters, it’s is highly probable they would come to their home directly because they just recently moved into the village and comes from a prominent family. After their home and the abandoned building are checked, they’ll return the youngsters to the outside world inside the abandoned building which was selected earlier in Phase 1, making sure the surrounding is safe.

Eric, Bruce, Jade, and May will start escorting the youngsters back to the Elven village, 2 at most and will be switch every 2 hours with the other 2, so they can make their appearance at home without raising suspicions in the Village through teleportation. For their security, they’ll make sure that the youngster understands they aren’t with those men who captured them and there is still Rainy to get back to her home.

They will send some of the youngsters in advance back to the Elven village once they reach the perimeter of their Village and let them explain the situation. Eric and Bruce will wait near but will watch over the movement in their surroundings. If anything would happen to them by their Elven Guards, they would run and can’t promise Rainy’s return or safety.

But if it’s peacefully they will hand copies of the letters to the guards and a piece of localization amber, they will request adult Elves, maximum 2, to go to the Village to retrieve Rainy. Someone will be waiting on the edge of the forest border and should be handed a piece of localization amber to that person, which they gave as recognition. Rainy can then be brought back to their Village.

As cover they will introduce themselves as ‘The Neutral Party’ and found a wounded Rainy during their travels, they took her with them and treated her while putting surveillance at the place she was found. There they overheard the ones after Rainy that her friend Starry didn’t make it. Whether they are able to retrieve her body or not that remains to be seen.

They may tell that they have a child with them that has a rare talent Space Teleportation who could jump several times during the day in-between hours, that’s how they manage to save the other 10 youngsters. Which will soon be told by those youngsters anyway, after this meeting they probably won’t meet ever again, is what they are supposed to inform the Elves. A copy of their testimony and letters of the youngsters will go to the Governor of the Duchy who controls this Village. What comes after, isn’t any of their concern.

 

After having it all discussed and fine-tuned, they let Spacey print a final version. They all read it and were satisfied. Theodore says: “As a safety measure, we will use signals, transmitted through the amber necklace if you can’t wear the glasses. Just for unseen circumstances or danger, 3 short in sequence shakes and glow means stop any actions and return home, find an excuse. 1 long shake means yes and 2 short in sequence shakes means no, simple as that and because it’s easy to remember.” Spacey performed a test the moment Theodore was telling it, so they would feel it. They all nodded.

Theodore continues: “Rainy needs to be trained to keep her story in line with ours. Also when she returns to her village, I’ll be giving her several ambers. Rainy, if unknown elves are trying to question you directly, just answer with what we prepared. Just don’t tell them about the trackers on the herbs given to the group that will be your hidden ace, we will soon have some in our possession and it will be given to you later once back in the Village. The amber attached to a string around your neck will shake long if they are suspicious. And you can give 2 pieces amber to them and say that this was used to move from place to place."

"Say, if they tried to forcefully open it, the contents will dissipate and should be careful how they examine them. But they would be able to recognize it as ordinary harden tree resin with a powdered magical crystal inside of it, nothing more."

"This way we can observe their movement. And if that Supervisor Nightglow is clean, you can tell him about those trackers and how their group was traced from the Village to where they were surrounded, and about your escape where you lost you but Starry had it with her which they used to find her. "

"After that, your part is over and you should just appear as usual but grieved. Everything else is in the hand of your Elders from there on.” He patted Rainy shoulder and she nodded.

 

 

Author tries to explain:

  • 1) Yup, first target is set. They will form a couple in the future. Both of them are bodily too young, even if the minds are mature I won’t have hankypanky stuff on my protagonist in my novel till he’s mature within the novel, 14 – 16 years. There will be some, but more seen as crime by the protagonist.
    Don’t worry it will be encased in spoiler tags and all the other warnings, if it gets too dirty. So you can breeze through them without reading it or take your time to read the sinful mind of this author :P

(2) will be published later today, stay tuned!

12