Chapter 7
24 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   When Blitz was heading towards Donvalley High, he did not plan his route with the entrance of the school as the goal. Instead, he took a route that will lead him to the back of the school.

   The reason is simple. He wanted to decrease the chance of getting ambushed. White might have hired someone to eliminate intruders, if he had something to hide. However, they will not be lying in wait inside the school. Should there be a fight, destruction of properties will be inevitable, and White will never hear the end of it. Furthermore, there are guards employed by the school board that patrol the school at night. They might get caught up in the fight too. Hence, they will be stationed along the path to the school.

   As soon as Blitz was near his school, he stopped for a while to take in his environment.

   He checked for any EMF, and found their only sources to be the surveillance cameras installed by the City Council. There seems to be no hidden ones whatsoever. After confirming that he was not watched by people he might confront soon, he planned his next move.

   When he reached the school, he would have to check for more EMF and avoid being detected by both the cameras and the guards. Once he is inside White’s office, he needs to work fast, as White’s computer might send him an alert the moment it was booted up. Whatever he found, he will leave the school swiftly, once again undetected.

   Having decided his plan, Blitz ran to the school and jumped over the three meter tall barbed fences that surrounds the school.

   Having studied at the school for more than two years, Blitz knows the exact location of the surveillance cameras, and there are no hidden ones either. As for the guards, there are always four of them on night shifts. With such a big school, avoiding them will be easy.

   Blitz wasted no time in getting into White’s office that is located at the third floor. Surprisingly, there are no cameras inside, so Blitz went straight to the computer and turned on its switch.

   As expected, the screen asks for a password soon after it started up. Blitz took out the flash drive from his new utility belt and inserted it into the drive port of the CPU. Exactly five seconds later, some dots appeared on the part where you are supposed to type in the password. Blitz pressed the Enter key, and he can now access the school’s files.

   Blitz was planning to look at White’s browsing history, but he found something much better at the home screen. A file named ‘Candidates’.

   He immediately opened up the file and saw that it contains the personal details of thirty six students, whose numbers and names match with the names of the arrested students.

   After seeing this, Blitz confirmed that White is as good as guilty. He would really like to see that hypocrite argue his way out of this.

   Blitz wasted no time in copying the files into the flash drive, then turned off the computer. With his mission half accomplished, he left his school and head for a police station nearby.

   Not long after he left his school, huge rocks suddenly rises up from the ground and appeared in front of him. If he was one second late at stopping himself from running, he would slam head first into one of the rocks. At closer look, Blitz realized that those are not rocks, but rather hardened soils. Berating himself silently for getting distracted over something so pointless, he quickly composed himself and turned around to face his assailant, or assailants, as they are three of them.

   One of them is wearing a beige-colored trench coat with a matching fedora. The coat is unbuttoned, so Blitz could see that he is wearing a white suit, black tie and black pants. His right hand is lifted up, so Blitz assumes that he was the one who caused the soils to rise up.

   The second one kind of reminds Blitz of Diablo, since both of them are quite tall and huge and muscular. However, unlike Diablo, this man at least has the decency to wear a tank top, and his short pants isn’t tattered. Also, he’s not wearing a mask.

   As for the third one, he looks and dresses like the Tangata tribe that Blitz often saw in textbooks. He wears the skull of a goat like a helmet, his upper body is bare while his lower body is just covered by a grass skirt. His brown skin is mostly covered by tattoos consist of weird symbols, making him look quite ferocious. For weapons, he has a stone dagger, and a blowpipe is hanging from his simple belt.

   ‘Pretty clever of you to enter the school from the back. We almost missed you.’ the one in the coat complimented Blitz.

   Blitz shrugged. ‘I wanted to avoid a confrontation with you guys.’

   ‘Like I said, clever. Now, let us get straight to the point. If you are willing to destroy the evidence you have gathered at the office and swear that you will forget everything that you saw, we will let you go free unscathed. What say you?’

   ‘Sorry, not interested.’

   As Blitz said this, he ran to the Tangata in a flash and aimed a punch to his face. Before it could land, the Tangata lifted his dagger calmly and blocked the incoming punch. Blitz tried three more punches, each aimed at a different part, but all of them were blocked in ease.

   Blitz blinked in surprise. He read in a textbook that Tangatas are a primitive tribe that live in forests. They shun modern technology and prefer to do things the old-fashioned way, such as hunting for food and living in straw huts. The textbook definitely did not mentioned that they are such good fighters.

   While Blitz was still busy with the Tangata, he saw from the corner of his eyes that the tank top guy is lifting up one of the hardened soils and throws it at him. Blitz immediately stepped backwards to avoid it, only to be caught by a huge wave of soil presumably conjured by the man in the coat.

   Thankfully, the soils were not thick enough to crush him, so he dug himself out and started to run away, only to be once again interrupted by hardened soils. The Tangata has started to use his blowpipe and fired some needles at Blitz. Even if Blitz was not facing him, he still heard the puffing sound the Tangata made when he blew the pipe, so he managed to stop the needles by producing an electromagnetic field.

   The longer they fought, the more Blitz is sure that these three were used to fighting as a team. The man in the coat is using the soil to limit Blitz’s movements so that the tank top guy can fight Blitz with his overwhelming strength, while the Tangata is lying in wait with his blowpipe and let the needles rip the moment he saw an opening.

   To get out of his predicament, Blitz needs to at least defeat the tank top guy, although this is easier said than done. He is huge, but he is also very nimble and quite skilled in fighting. Combined with his super strength, he is quite a formidable opponent. Blitz was hit so hard a few times that he was almost blown away, but somehow manged to stand ground.

   A punch to the liver. Blocked. Three consecutive kicks to the head. All blocked. Another wave of soil incoming. More needles flying at him. Dodged the wave and used electromagnetic to guide the needles to his gloves, then deactivated the electromagnetism and letting the needles fall harmlessly to the ground. A drop kick from the tank top guy. Dodged to the side and gave him a kick to the ribs. The tank top guy grunted painfully but paid it back with a lariat.

   Seconds before falling to the ground, Blitz managed to do a hand stand. Using the momentum, he launched himself backwards straight towards the man in the coat. To defend himself, the man in the coat made hardened soils to appear in front of him, which was what Blitz was waiting for.

   This time, Blitz used the hardened soils as a jump pad to launch himself towards the tank top guy like a bullet. This caught the tank top guys completely off guard, and he was knocked down by Blitz’s flying punch.

   Blitz used this chance to run away, with the man in the coat and the Tangata chasing after him. Not long after, the tank top guy managed recover from the punch and joined in the pursuit.

   The chase lasted until they reached the Desordre Central Park and took more than a hour. Ordinarily, Blitz have no trouble in outrunning them, but his progress was constantly getting interrupted by the man in the coat. Even after all the running, the tank top guy and the Tangata still looked like they could do this for the entire night. However, the man in the coat was on the verge of collapsing.

   ‘You okay there, Alistair?’ the tank top guy asked the man in the coat.

   ‘Just…give me a…moment…’ Alistair said between wheezes and coughs.

   The Tangata sighed. ‘And you still insists that you do not need workout sessions. You should definitely join me and Franklin in the next one.’

   ‘Are you insane, Manu? There’s…no way I can survive a session with…you guys…’

   ‘Franklin, while our friend with the poor stamina is recovering, the two of us will stop him.’

   ‘Got it. And while we’re on the subject, my name’s Frank, not Franklin.’

   ‘Franklin is more formal.’

   Frank rolled his eyes. ‘You and you formality.’

   The Tangata called Manu faced Blitz, who was watching the entire exchange with an amused look half-hidden by his sunglasses. ‘My apologies. Let us continue.’

   ‘Actually, there’s no more “continue”. You guys lost the moment you stepped inside this park and wasted your time talking.’

   ‘Whatever do you mean?’

   ‘The three of you have never been to this park, have you?’

   As if on cue, the sprinklers installed all over the park activated all at once and started to sprinkle water at the grass. And the four of them.

   Before the three of them could react, Blitz discharged electricity from his body, which traveled through the water and to the trio, electrocuting them. They dropped to the ground and convulsed violently for quite a while. Blitz did not discharge a huge voltage of electricity, so they would not die, although they smell a bit like something burnt.

   Having took care of his assailants, Blitz continued to head for the police station, a different one he went from the last time.

   Just like the officers from the small police station, the officers here are on full alert when they saw Blitz, so he went straight to the point. He reminded them of the drug trafficking incidents that involved students from Donvalley High, and he suspected its principal Brandon White for leaking personal information of the students to the mystery man so that he could use them as drug traffickers.

   He handed them the flash drive and told them the title and the content of the file he copied from White’s computer. After verifying the file, two of the officers went out to have White arrested as a suspect.

   Meanwhile, Blitz told the rest of the officers about his assailants, how they threatened him to destroy the evidence and look the other way or risk getting killed. He told them how he ignored the threat and instead defeated them.

   ‘Wait a second. You’re telling me that you didn’t kill them?’ one of the officers, a lieutenant, asked Blitz.

   ‘Yes sir, and I’m pretty sure I didn’t. I have done this more than once, so I know the right voltage to use if I want to electrocute them without taking their lives.’

   ‘And they’re knocked out cold at the park.’

   ‘Yes sir. If you hurry, you might get to arrest them.’

   The lieutenant spoke into his badge explain the situation to the headquarter and requested backup in arresting the trio. He also told the headquarter about how two or all of them have superpowers, so the presence of heroes is a must.

   ‘Oh, I almost forgot. He is also guilty in money laundering.’

   He told them about the shady diner White had opened at the pretty-much-lawless district and how he got information that White was using the diner to launder money. Upon hearing this, the lieutenant promised that they will look into this.

   ‘Well, now that my job is done, I will be taking my leave.’ Blitz told the officers.

   The officers looked like they wanted to stop him, but decided against it. And so, Blitz managed to leave the police station without causing a ruckus.

   On that night, White was “invited” to have a chat at the police station, and the officers grilled him for hours regarding the file found inside his computer, and the money laundering. Although uncooperative at first, he eventually admitted to both the charges, and admitted that he had been giving his student’s information to Silvano Fucile, not to mention laundering the money he had been receiving from Becco Di Sangue. Also, the diner’s basement had been used to produce more Felicità, which was how the students got their supplies.

   It turned out that White was indeed an idiot. If he had been discreet about it, Blitz might have difficulty in finding the culprit. But he wasn’t, which save Blitz a lot of trouble. It was probably his lack of education, or it’s just that he was born as idiot.

   As for the trio, they were gone by the time the police and some heroes went to the park. They left behind some trails which sadly cannot be followed, so they were definitely there. Blitz was kind of happy when he heard that they escaped the law. Fighting with them was fun, and Blitz hopes they would cross paths again.

   Now that White is arrested and could no longer be the principal of Donvalley High, the PTA had an emergency meeting to appoint a new one. Jonathan was not there at the meeting, but word has it that everyone there volunteered themselves and got zero supports from everyone else. In the end, the whole meeting became a mess.

   Two days later, David and Margaret Dawson, the parents of Tilia Dawson, decided to buy up the whole school, thereby becoming its chairpersons. They are pretty much the school’s principals now, so the PTA would be busy licking their boots should they blessed them with their presences.

   Overall, this case is pretty much closed, but Jonathan is still ticked off that Fucile was not caught. It needs to be done fast, or they will be more casualties.

1