Chapter 3 – First Day on Town
365 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few hours of walking, it was already evening. We arrived at the town which had a large sign on its gate with a cursive writing saying "Elicia Town."

"Excuse me, do you have your identification cards?" A man wearing a silver chestplate asked.

"Sorry, we belong from the mountains." I said.

"Oh, you two look like someone from the nobility. Well, that would be two silver coins, you can issue an identification card from either the civilian hall or the adventurer guild which is just straight ahead." The man said, as I then grabbed two silver coins from the magic bag.

"Oh, that's a magic bag huh. It's rare seeing one of those." The man said, as he accepted the coins before waving.

"This is another world town huh." Alice spoke with glittering eyes.

"Yeah, it looks like ancient Europe."

"It doesn't just look like it, rather it is ancient Europe." 

"Yeah, I agree."

"Well, let's first go to the Adventurer's Guild then." I said.

"Mhm.." Alice nodded before we started walking to the guild according to what the guard had said. A few moments later, we arrived at a two-floor building with the sign "Adventurer's Guild.".

"Let's go in then." I said, as I opened the door. The adventurer's guild in contrast to what novels say is actually rather peaceful, little kids were running around as if it was a playground and families gathering.

"Hello there, how may I help you?" A female wearing a hat said.

"We would like to register as an adventurer." Alice spoke first.

"Mhm, four silver coins each afterward you can put your hand on that orb and it should issue an identification card." The woman said, we immediately paid the amount and went into the orb.

The orb was just a crystal ball with golden accents similar to those fortune tellers uses, I immediately placed my hand on it. The moment I touched the orb, it glowed before dimming out together with an identification card being found on the side. Alice did the same thing, and we both have our cards.

The cards were made in a material similar to the metal as it gave this metallic feel but was also much rigid than metal, it contained basic information such as our name and rank with a seal on the bottom right corner.

"Mhm, do you need an explanation about Adventurers?" The reception lady asked.

"Mhm, if it is fine with you." I said.

"You see, Adventurers is a job where people accept requests or rather quests. The quests are issued by guild which is acting as the middleman for the client and the partakers, and for every completion you can be rewarded."

"There are different rankings for adventurers, it is to categorize each other's strength."

"New members of the guild start at F rank in which can slowly raise upwards by completing a certain amount of quests, though this applies differently for A ranks as it is required to take a test together with a large achievement before raising to S rank."

"Everyone can accept quests that are one rank higher than theirs, but it is rather not recommended as it can be seen as overestimating yourself which could lead to death."

"In the whole world as of now, there had been no records of an S rank, as the test for it is rather troublesome they say."

"Well, that's about it." The receptionist finished explaining.

"Mhm.. what happens if we fail a quest?" Alice asked.

"You may get penalized either through money or a suspension."

"Mhm, thanks for the explanation." I bowed.

"Well, do you have any place to stay?" The reception lady asked.

"As of now, there isn't. Do you have any recommendations?"

"Well, if you go a few steps left then you can find the Bear's Inn. If you can, please send this letter to the manager also." She said before handing out a letter with the same seal as the one found in our cards.

"Mhm, sure" Alice accepted the letter, before putting it on the magic bag.

"Speaking of which, where can we sell monster corpses?" I asked.

"You can put them here." The reception lady said as she pointed to the table next to her, I immediately went to the table before dragging out two goblin corpses that we killed awhile ago.

"A magic bag, that is pretty rare in itself." She said before going to inspect the goblin.

"The goblins are in a fairly good condition, it should be two silver coins." She said after inspecting, and then placed two silver coins.

"That should also be enough to raise both your ranks to E, as raising to E rank requires enough strength to beat at least one goblin, therefore if you may please hand out your cards so we can update it." The reception lady said.

"Mhm." We placed our cards in the table before the cards glowed and after a few seconds, it was returned.

The cards now had the letter E on its rank while also changing into a color similar to copper.

"Why are the cards looking slightly brown?" I asked.

"Each rank has different card colors, for example an A rank has a blueish red gradient while an F rank just have a regular metallic color." She responded.

"Oh is that so... Well then, we will get going now. Bye!" I said.

"Mhm, please come again." The lady nodded as she waved her hand, before we went outside straight to the inn.

A few moments after walking, we arrived at a building that rather looks like a bear and entered.

"Hello, how may I help you?" A girl wearing a bear suit approached us.

"Bear..." I muttered, before snapping back out.

"We would like to stay for a month, how much would that be?" Alice asked.

"A single room?" The bear asked.

"Mhm." Alice nodded.

"Wait, no!" I tried revoking but it was too late.

"Well, that would be one gold coin." The bear said.

"Mhm." Alice placed one gold coin onto the table, which reduced our overall savings to 3 gold coins.

"Would you also like some food?" The bear asked.

"Yes please, and also we would like to give a letter from the adventurer's guild." Alice said before placing a letter in the table.

"Oh, thank you! We will call you from your room once the food is ready, cute lady. Also don't be too loud as they aren't soundproof~" The bear said after receiving the letter.

"Ehhh~?!" Alice suddenly turned red before running up the stairs.

"Hey! Wait for me!" I said, as I chased after her, and we arrived in a single room with rather one bed....

Other than the single bed, there was a bath together with a working toilet, the room was also luxurious as the walls were rather painted with golden accents flowing through.

"I'll go sleep on the chair." I said, the chair was not ordinary wooden but it had furs on where your back lays while also being fluffy.

"No can do~" Alice suddenly said.

"I'll goo sleeeep onn thee chairrr~" I insisted.

"Fine." She said.

A few moments later, the bear came back and informed us the food was ready and we immediately went down to eat in which after we went back to our room and slept.

.....

"Fluffy..." I patted the soft thing that I felt.

"Mhhm" Suddenly, I heard a sound and woke up immediately only to see my hand on Alice's hair.

"Ehhh?!" I shouted as I fell.

"How did I arrive on the bed?!" I muttered.

"Mhm? Noisy!" Alice shouted as she rubbed her eyes.

"Ehhhh, I didn't do anything!"

"Mhm." She ignored my words and immediately went to the bath in which after a few moments came back fully dressed in a hoodie.

"I did nothing... I did nothing... I did nothing.. I swear" I kept muttering.

"You can go take a bath now." She said to the confused me.

"Ah! Okay!." I said as I snapped out and immediately took a bath, after which I came outside to see her waiting on the chair.

"What should we do today?" I asked.

"Well, let's go do some quests." She suggested.

"Oh, sure." I said before we went outside to eat first and then exited the inn.

"Morning, you two are together again huh." We arrived at the guild, only to be greeted by the reception lady.

"What would you like to do today?" She asked.

"We would like to do some quests, is there any suggestions you have?" I said.

"Mhm, here is some herb gathering quests." She said as she placed down some kind of paper containing details of a quest.

  • Lilia Herb Gathering
  • Objective: Gather 10x Lilia Herbs from the east of town.
  • Reward: 1 silver coin each.

"Mhm, we'll accept this." Alice said.

"Take this, it is a sign that you accepted the quest. You have to return it after completing the quest." The reception lady said.

"Mhm." We both nodded, before taking the wooden plate and going outside.

"Speaking of which, do you even know what a Lilia flower looks like?" I asked as we were walking down the street on the way to the gate.

"We should know it by using Analyze."

"Oh yeah, there was that option..."

After a few moments of walking, we arrived at the east gate where the Lilia herbs are said to be found.

"Oh, you two pairs going for a quest?" We bumped into a familiar man, the guard.

"Pairs?!" Alice suddenly turned red.

"Yeah." I said.

"Mhm, be sure to come back before night time when the gates will be closed." The man warned us.

"Mhm.." We both nodded as we exited the town and went straight to the forest.

After a few moments of walking once again, which was most likely 30 minutes of walking. We arrived at the forest, which was full of large trees, but that didn't bother us as we went inside.

Upon entering the forest, we started analyzing any flower or anything that looks like a herb which consumed 5 mana points per analysis. 

After an hour or so of analyzing, we found two flowers that are considered as herbs, they were found in the same place as if they were twins but they weren't as the first one was yellow while the other one was a gradient of sky blue and orange.

  • Sunny Flower
  • A flower that can be used as a herb for medicine.
  • Sky Orange Flower
  • A flower that is in demand, it is primarily used for medicine.

The descriptions were vague, but it still displayed a good amount of information, I don't know if it will change once we level up our analyze though.

"Mhm, I found it." Alice suddenly said, as she pointed at five flowers that look exactly like a lily.

 "Good job." I patted her silver head, it was very soft and calming.

"Mmm" She shook her head before we started picking them up and storing them onto the magic bag, before standing back up.

"SPLASH SPLASH" A splashing sound can be heard from the bushes, we immediately took out our weapons and went into a stance.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I don't know either, it's probably coming from that bush." Alice said as she pointed at a bush near a tree, suddenly from the bush came out a slime with a gradient of blue and purple carrying an injured wolf with black and red spots. The slime looked harmless, but we still approached it with caution.

The slime then started moving as if it was indicating something, when suddenly a window popped out.

"Would you like to tame [Knowledge Slime]?" The moment I read the word 'tame', I remembered my skill which was tame and immediately accepted.

"You have tamed [Knowledge Slime]."

'Please help my friend!' A voice suddenly can be heard.

"What happened?" I asked.

"What's wrong, Einz?" Alice suddenly asked.

"I think or rather I tamed the slime, and it is asking to help the wolf." I said.

"Oh you can tame them?" Alice said.

'My friend got injured when she protected me from an orc.' The slime said.

"Yeah, the wolf apparently got injured as it protected the slime from an orc somewhere." I said.

"How brave." She nodded as she picked up the wolf who was injured badly and started caressing it with sad eyes.

The wolf shook sometimes but after a few seconds, it ended up cuddling on Alice.

"I'll treat its wounds first." I said.

"Mhm." Alice nodded while still caressing the wolf's furs.

I immediately picked up water from our magic bag and washed the wolf before covering its wound with a cloth.

"It should be fine for now." I said.

"How are we going to bring them?" Alice suddenly asked the hardest question.

'Master, you can tame the wolf and summon us anytime.' The voice came again.

"You are saying, I can summon and hide you?" I suddenly asked the slime.

The slime nodded.

"How am I going to tame an unconscious animal?" I asked.

Suddenly, the wolf opened its eyes and stared at Alice.

"Arf." It barked like a dog... Is it really a wolf?

"Are you alright?" Alice caressed the wolf and asked.

"Arf arf."

"Good." She suddenly said.

"Wait, you can understand it?" I asked.

"Yep, apparently I tamed the wolf also.."

"Whaaa~ what's this cheat?!"

"Arf!" The wolf continued to cuddle onto Alice, while sometimes rubbing its head onto hers.

"Einz, let's bring them instead of hiding them!" Alice suddenly suggested with glittering eyes.

"Would that even work?" I asked.

"It should work!" She suddenly shouted.

"Okay okay, well. We should probably get going now." I said.

"Mhm." She nodded before standing up and hugging the little wolf.

"Speaking of which, what gender are they?" I asked.

'We are both females, master.' The slime said before hopping onto my shoulder.

"That makes me the only male at the party..." I sighed, as we kept walking to the gate.

A few moments later, we arrived at the gate in which the guard was surprised and prepared his spear.

"Are those tamed?" He asked.

"Yeah, we just tamed it with the Tame skill." I said.

"Mhm, please register them at the Tamers guild. Hold onto these temporary signs for now." The guard said as he gave us two wooden plates.

"Also, your identification cards." He added, in which we gave him the card that was issued before returning it.

"Mhm, you may find the Tamer's guild right next to the Civil's Office." The guard said.

"Mhm, thanks!" Alice nodded and we started walking onto the Tamer's guild.

The tamers guild didn't look much different than the Adventurer's guild except for the fact that there were cute statues of animals.

"Hello, how may I help you?" A lady asked.

"We would like to get our pets registered." I said.

"Mhm, you can put them here." The lady said as she pointed onto a furry cradle, we immediately placed the two pets onto the cradle when suddenly two magic circle appeared on the side of both the slime and the wolf before disappearing and leaving a mark.

"A knowledge slime and a child Ancestral Wolf, how rare!" She suddenly exclaimed.

"Can you explain to us what they are?" I asked.

"Well, a knowledge slime is a species of slime that is extremely intelligent, it is also the first pet of the first Sage."

"Ancestral wolves are also intelligent creatures but unlike the Knowledge Slime, it has strength also it is rather rare to see one let alone tame one." She explained.

"Mhm, what do they eat?" Alice asked while caressing her wolf.

"They eat your mana on occasions, but they usually don't eat without your permissions so you don't have to worry about that, you can ask them to try eating your mana in which you might feel your mana decreasing." The lady said.

"Want to eat?" We asked the two cute pets.

'Mhm.' They nodded before closing their eyes.

We immediately felt that something is disappearing which was most likely our mana, we checked the mana bar on our top left only to see the numbers going down before maxing out after a minute, it was most likely due to our outfits.

"Mhm, so can we bring them anywhere?" Alice asked.

"Yes, you can as long as their marks don't disappear, as it informs others that they are tamed."

"Mhm thanks for the explanation, we'll go now." Alice said.

"Thanks for coming then, if you have need anything for pets you can come by anytime."

"Mmm!" We nodded before heading outside to the adventurer's guild.

"Oh, the two of you are back. I guess that means you both completed the quests." The reception lady said.

"Yeah, we did. Speaking of which, we haven't heard your name yet." I said.

"Oh, how rude of me, My name is Suisei Halva." She bowed as she introduced herself.

How about you two introduce those two little cuties also?" Suisei said as she pointed at our pets.

"Mhm, the slime is Rosela." I said.

"She is Alinz" Alice said.

"Mhm, what cute pets can I pet them?" Suisei asked.

"Sure." We then lent her the two pets, and she started petting them while they were looking at us as if asking for help. Sorry, little ones!

"Anyways, here's the requested items." I immediately placed the herbs we acquired together with the wooden plate.

"Mhm, five Lilia herbs together with a Sunny Flower and Sky Orange flower. A total of eighty silver coins." She said.

"Eighty?!" Alice suddenly shouted.

"Yes, a Sky Orange flower is worth 65 silver coins while a Sunny Flower is worth 10 silver coins add on the Lilia herb, it is a total of 80 silver coins." She explained.

"Mhm real expensive huh, well then we will be going now." Alice said.

"Aww, be sure to come back." Suisei suddenly looked at the two pets with a sad expression.

"Mhm, we'll of course be back for quests." I said, before we walked outside towards the inn.

"Welcome back, oh you have two more little friends with you huh." The good old bear said.

"Mhm, do you have any place to put them?" Alice asked.

"Hmm.. we do have furry cradles, for 20 silver coins." The bear said.

"We'll buy it." I said, as I handed down forty silver coins for two.

"Thank you for your patronage, we will deliver it to your room in a short while." The bear said.

"Would you like to eat now?"

"Sure." We immediately went to the dining room and started eating before we went back to our room and slept once again together with the pets.

And that marked the end of our first day in Elicia town.

I have decided on going for slow releases but longer chapters, next chapter is on Saturday containing a total of 4500 words ? I decided to release this chapter two days early, but chapter 4 will hundred percent be on Saturday~

12