Chapter 4: The bartender demon and the Prince of Signis.
253 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The Capital of Darkness was humongous in scale, as many different races lived there. Vampires, werewolf, fallen angels, demons, magical beasts, and even unidentified creatures of darkness, but now, when the alliances were formed to deal with the apocalypse, even angels, elves and humans, all migrated here. It was quite a mess, as resources such as food and space were limited and there were just too many people needed them to survive. Members of different races had no choice but to share their common living places, and thus, quarrels and fights happened more and more often. So, despite the law forbidding violence in Signis, it was not rare to see an angel getting into fights with the fallens or demons and such. 

 

But the previous bar fight involving the angel Seraphiel was different. 

 

Dragen, the bartender demon was in a terrible state. His left arm was gone and half of his face was burned off, leaving his cheekbone and teeth exposed. It was hard to think that he could remain conscious in this condition. But this demon, not only he wasn’t crying or frowning in pain, he was even standing tall with his expression completely normal like nothing happened. Well, after all, he was standing in the presence of a True Prince.

 

In front of Dragen, sat a majestic fallen archangel on a throne made of diamond and gold. His wings were black, there were two of them, decorated with a few shining red feathers added into the wings here and there. His eyes were red like blazing fire and the look caused by those eyes alone were so powerful and overwhelming, enough to cause anyone to fall on their knees with just an intense gaze. He was hot. Not only stunningly beautifully hot, but literally as well. The air around him blurred as heat coming from his body made the golden throne glowing red. Maybe because of that, the angel was half naked, wearing nothing but his pants made from dragon scales, as any clothes of other material would be instantly vaporized.

 

He was Asmodeus, one of the mightiest among the fallen archangels, now held the rank of Signis's True Prince and reigned over the city while King Satan and Queen Lucifer were no longer active. 

  

“Are you sure about the identity of this angel?”Asmodeus spoke and the room rumbled with every word he said.

 

“Yes.” Dragen replied. “How could I forget that face? His face, his hair, his eyes, all resembled the archangel Haniel, and I had faced her many times in our historic battles. The tattoo on his neck confirmed that. My Prince, he is by no mistake the son of her and Abraham. He is Aziel Von Helsing.” 

 

“Helsing...” Asmodeus’ brows furrowed. "Shadow Hunters."

 

“Exactly. For many years they hunted our people, killing off vampires and werewolves. And now that bastard dared to come into my bar and even humiliated us by asking for a vial of vampire venom!”

 

The space around Dragen darkened as the demon clenched his fist. Even in the presence of the Prince, he couldn't contain his anger towards Seraphiel.

 

“And he even stole Lady Elizabeth’s teeth! Her precious teeth! Oh, Queen Sophia will be furious once she knows about this!” Dragen added.

 

“But didn’t Aziel go missing years ago?” Asmodeus asked.

 

“Well, the rumors say so, but we couldn't know for sure as the Shadow Hunters always wanted to keep their secrets," Dragen answered. "People said he went missing during a vampire hunt in Ilva de Sylserin, which, heh, we had never had any vampire living there in the first place. Apparently, this means the rumors were false. But he did not have any activity after that, and to be honest, I was a bit surprised when he suddenly showed up yesterday.”

 

“And why did he ask for vampire venom?”

 

“To save a friend, he said. That bastard! He thought I was a fool! Even the most stupid person in Signis knows that vampire venom can only reduce pain and is dangerously addictive!”

 

“Hmmm, not really, Dragen.” said Asmodeus. “It too can save lives, but with a terrible cost.”

 

“What?” Dragen couldn’t hide the surprise on his face. “Enlighten me, my Prince.”

 

Asmodeus then stood up, gilded towards Dragen using just a small movement of his wings. He then plucked out one of his shining red feathers and gave it to the demon. Dragen’s body twitch a little. The air around his face and lost arm blurred in intense heat, and as he absorbed the Prince’s feather into his chest, everything started to slowly heal back to normal.

 

“You know, " said Asmodeus, "we archangels all possess immortality and a limitless healing power. Queen Lucifer was no exception. Years ago, in the making of vampires, she bestowed Sophia one of her own wings, which contain the gift of immortality and everlasting youth.”

 

“Well, my Prince, of course Dragen know that. The werewolves received her strength and the ability to regenerate as well.”  

 

“Yes.” Asmodeus nodded.

 

“But it doesn’t mean vampire venom can save people from death! I have never seen it works that way.”

 

“You know Sophia’s kiss can easily heal even the most serious illness, don’t you?” Asmodeus asked back.

 

“But she’s the Queen of all vampires! Her kiss can even put a charm on Death, if such a god exists. But this is only venom from normal folks, there’s no way it can be like Queen Sophia’s,” said Dragen.

 

Hearing that, Asmodeus patted Dragen’s shoulder. 

 

“In small quantities, no. But if the person is able to take in large amounts, yes, even death can be delayed.”

 

“But that’s impossible! The venom will...”

 

“Twist and pull and stretch and tear their soul in every directions before finally turning it into such a grotesque form you can not even imagine. Yes, the person will either go insane or become a monster with no will of its own until their soul is completely destroyed. In the end, no matter what, only terrible fate lies at the end of their life.” Asmodeus answered.

 

Hearing that, Dragen’s body trembled. “No way, that’s too crazy, right?” he asked.

 

“Dragen my boy,” Asmodeus shook his head, looking at the demon directed in the eyes and answered slowly. “You know this, right? People turn to madness when they’re desperate.” 

 

Under the Prince's intense gaze, Dragen’s face became drenched in sweat. He stood there like a statue, looking at the angel like he was under a powerful charming spell.

 

“Now!” Asmodeus then tapped Dragen’s shoulder again to snap him out of it. “It was nice of you, reporting to me all of this, but am I really needed to deal with such an… insignificant event?" he asked. "I believe it’s Memphisto’s job to resolve such conflicts within the alliance."

 

Dragen quickly regained his composure. “Oh yes, my Prince. But there’s something else, something that has been making me so uneasy that I have to report directly to you.”

 

“What is it, my boy?” Asmodeus asked.

 

But Dragen didn't answer right away. He seemed to be thinking something and didn't know if it's wise to speak of it or not.

 

"Well?" Asmodeus looked like he's becoming impatient.

 

“Ahhh… ummm… now I think about it, it’s... impossible!" Dragen stuttered. "My appologies, it’s probably that… it was just the vodka playing tricks to my eyes…”

 

“SPEAK!”

 

Asmodeus spread his giant wings and blazed the room with growling flames!

 

Dragen instantly fell down onto the floor and cowered in fear. 

 

“B...black mud! I saw the black mud!” 

 

“Huh?” Asmodeus eye’s squinted.

 

“For just a second, I caught a glimpse of his upper body," said the nervous Dragen. "The… the rib bones… it’s like someone had teared his chest open and then... filled the inside with bubbling mud. And it was burning, like proprotego…”

 

“... ignifera tenebri…”

 

“It’s… it’s non-sense, right?” 

 

But Asmodeus didn’t answer that question. He turned to face away, and for a moment, his hand trembled. And then...

 

“DRAGEN YOU FOOL!!!”

 

Asmodeus shouted in anger and fire swallowed everything in the room! Even the throne was completely melted!

 

“My Prince! Please! Have mercy!”

 

“Arrgh!” Asmodeus raised his hand, shouted again and all the fire was sucked back into his body. “I’m sorry Dragen, I just lost control of myself for a moment.”

 

“It's... it's ok, my Prince. But is this really that serious?”

 

"I'm afraid so," Asmodeus answered. He then extended his hand to help Dragen to stand up. “You did a great job reporting this to me right away. But now, I know you need some rest, but I need you to do me a favor while I have to go seek advice from The Queen. This is urgent, we cannot waste even another single second!”

 

“The Queen?” Dragen’s yelled as his eyes wide opened in shock. “I… what do you want me to do?”

 

“Come to the Black Forest, get both Lycaon and Sophia, tell them to track down this angel right away," Asmodeus spoke with no hesitation.

 

“Y...yes!”

 

“Go! Now!” 

 

Asmodeus shouted and Dragen instantly ran straight to the door. But then, “Wait!” The Prince of Signis called him back.

 

“Yes, my Prince?” asked Dragen.

 

Asmodeus teleport to right in front of Dragen so that the demon would clearly hear every word he was about to said. “Keep a secret, speak to no one else about this, even the fallen archangels. After you’re done go seek Memphisto, but himself too, must not know.”

 

Dragen tilted his head to process this order a bit. But then, he quickly understood what he had to do.

 

“Yes, my Prince. May it be as you willed.”

 

And so, Dragen rushed towards the Black Forest to the North of Signis as fast as he could. In the mean time, the fallen archangel Asmodeus wasted no time flying towards the tallest tower in Signis, located East right in the middle of a giant lava lake. His heart raced faster and faster the closer he got to the tower. It was the Morning Star tower where Lucifer stayed, but for over two hundred years until now, no one, even Asmodeus himself, dared to enter this tower in fear of disrupting the Queen's sleep.

 

6