Chapter 19 – Feigning King
3.5k 14 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

173dcdd9af2f1bd3134411426711.jpg


...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 2"
"Tuesday"
"2055 hrs."
"House of Treasures"
"Pridel, Alemeda Kingdom Capital"

...

...

...

Marching along the pathway towards the House of Treasures, another group of highly-skilled Talenteds leads a formation of three dozen hired soldiers and mercenaries. On their rear, there are three nobles riding on their respective horses. As they continue marching, the Talenteds already killed most of the Followers patrolling the said building. Some survivors are now being hunted by another group of Talenteds and their screams and groans of pain echo inside as they are also shown no mercy.

"Hm. Do you think that the "books" are inside there?" a noble in his sixties, bald, and has a gray beard, asked another noble.

"TSK! IT HAS TO BE THERE! OR ELSE...." another noble in his sixties, and has a brown flat-top hair, replied with anger.

"Calm down. Hehe. There is no point in wondering about that. For now, let's focus on capturing this fucking building." the last noble, in his fifties and a red curly hair, replied at their front.

"B-But, Count Hescon. What if King Galian already took the "books" elsewhere?" the bald noble asked the noble with the red hair.

"Count Kadar. Your Lesser Book of Sollom also felt the "Holy Resonance". Didn't you?" Count Hescon asked in reply.

"Y-Yes."

"What about you, Count Geffen?" he asked the noble with the flat-top hair.

"Yes, Count Hescon. Isn't that the reason why we are here right now?"

"Hmph. Why indeed. There is only one reason for that." said Count Hescon with a smirk. He looks at the front and smiles wickedly as the big doors of the House of Treasures are now being opened. A bright light illuminates all of them as the Talendteds order the soldiers to follow them now inside the building.

"The reason is that someone must've now awakened their Lesser Key."

"RE-REALLY?! IT IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE HEARD ABOUT THAT?!" Count Kadar gasped.

"However, Count Hescon. How do you wake a Lesser Key?" asked Count Geffen.

"Well, according to my sources, you need to have a "holy book" in order to enchant it to the Lesser Keyawakening it. Some said that once you've awakened your Lesser Key, you can now summon - demons." Count Hescon smirked.

Count Kadar and Count Geffen are surprised and excited at the same time upon hearing the word "demons".

"Hehe. Demons, huh? How about your Lesser Key, Count Hescon?" asked Count Geffen.

"Hm? Do you mean if mine is awakened? No. I just mastered all of the cursed enchantments and spells in my Lesser Key. But, to go as far as summoning literal demons? No. Not - yet. Even if the ones in the higher-ups are also desperate to find that user, we will be the ones who will find it first." Count Hescon said with an evil smile.

"Hahaha! Wonderful! I might as well awaken mine!" Count Geffen cheered.

"But, why does the House of Treasures has anything to do with this?" asked Count Kadar.

"Oh? Didn't you know about the king?" Count Geffen looked at Count Kadar.

"What about King Galian?" Count Kadar asked.

"Hehe. King Galian came from the Cathedral City that was destroyed years ago, Count Kadar. He probably has some surviving secret "holy books" kept hidden inside this building." Count Hescon replied.

"W-WHAT?! Are you serious?"

"Hehe. Why yes, Count Kadar."

"Really? He doesn't look like a holy type of person to me. Instead, he is one of those crooked and wretched kings like the previous ones in the past. No wonder he doesn't have a family yet."

"Hm. I get your point, and you might be true. However, my spies said otherwise."

"Oh? What did you get, Count Hescon?" Count Geffen joined in. Now inside the building, they are greeted by piles of gold coins, types of jewels, emeralds, and artifacts. The soldiers gasp in awe and start plundering the entire area while the Talenteds find the "holy books" that the nobles are looking for.

"According to them, King Galian is probably just pretending faces. Added to that, it seems that he also has a secret organization."

"R-Really? What do you think, Count Geffen?" asked Count Kadar.

"Hm? It is probable that the king is just pretending and is now making some sort of plan right now." replied Count Geffen.

"Hahaha. That's also why we are here, you know?" Count Hescon said as he unmounts from his horse.

"What do you mean?" asked Count Kadar.

"If he truly just pretending faces, he will hurry up here to secure his "holy books". But if he's not, well, he probably just hides and be a coward like the usual."

"Oh. I see. Brilliant, Count Hescon!" cheered Count Kadar. He and Count Geffen also unmount from their horses and walk along Count Hescon. On the ground, lies some handful of the slain Followers. Count Geffen crouched on one female-canine corpse and steals its medallion with their inscribed logo.

"Followers of Razhiel. To think that they are also here. Do you think that they are after the "holy books" as well?" asked Count Geffen to Count Hescon. Count Hescon approaches him and grabs the medallion.

"Perhaps. They are probably hindering us to get the "holy books". But, there is something strange."

"What's strange, Count Hescon?" asked Count Geffon as he stands up. Count Hescon then looks at the other dead Followers around the area and the pupils of his eyes begin to enlarge with a gold aura.

"I don't sense any Unholy-Magic on them. In fact, almost all of them are Phantom-Magic users, while some were Natural and Unnatural."

"Hm. You're right." Count Geffen said as he also look at the corpses with golden eyes. 

"Haha. Pathetic! They are just a waste of air!" shouted Count Kadar as he kicks one Followers corpse.

As the soldiers, Talenteds, and the Counts seized the House of Treasures, a tiny black crow managed to enter the building and was now observing them from the ceiling. Little did they know, it is one of Plaire's enchantments of Natural-Magic - a projection feed chant. Being part of the elven race, it is common for them to use Natural-Magic, in some cases, Fairy-Magic as well. 

Plaire, together with King Galian, Desmond, Farka, Troy, Wilma, and Susan in the secret basement, watch the projection of the crow's vision into a wall while Plaire, with closed eyes, keeps establishing a clear connection to the crow as he crouched on the floor.

"I see. They are now inside the house." the king said in irritation, while the Followers behind him clench their fists and teeth as they see their comrades dead on the ground. One moment later, a group of soldiers suddenly stumble upon a few dead female Followers on the ground and start unzipping their pants. It is clear what they are going to do. The soldiers pull the dead corpses and begin raping them. This enraged all of them inside the secret basement, and even Plaire nearly wants to use the crow to attack the soldiers. King Galian, although feeling the same as the rest, just ticks his mouth when suddenly, the red-haired female-elf maid enters in.

"Your majesty. T-There's a problem upstairs." the maid bowed with anxiety. Plaire disconnects the projection upon hearing this and stands up.

"What is it?" asked the king. The elf maid closes her eyes and began enchanting a projection spell as well, which starts a vision of the throne room. They are shocked as they see another group of cloaked people and a group of Talenteds formed in the room.

"TCH! Fucking bastards!" Desmond angered.

"Wait! Let me handle this." the king said with a serious face. The Followers are shocked by this and plea to the king.

"But it's dangerous, your majesty!" Farka shouted.

"We will come with you! Let us guard you in the shadows, King Galian!" Desmond and the others kneeled. However, the king looks at them with a sad expression as he thinks about what happened to the House of Treasures. He doesn't want to allow that to happen again to the Followers with him.

"I'm sorry. Go to the House of Treasures with the DELTAS and FOXTROTS. We can't allow them to plunder our hidden treasures there. It is the only place where we can get our finances to help our peasants and poor villages in this kingdom."

"But, your majesty! - " the Followers shouted. But then, King Galian waved his right arm at them, summoning an unpenetrable magic barrier at him and to the throne room to prevent the Followers from going with the king.

"I'm very proud of you all." the king smiled at them as he and the elf-maid walked outside the secret basement. 

As the door of the basement shut down, Troy tries to open the door but it won't even move. 

"Arrgh! FUCK!" he complained. Desmond and the other Followers look at each other with worry.

"Wh-What do we do?" Wilma asked Desmond. But Desmond, with clenched fists, is trying hard to think about what they will going to do, when all of the sudden, the door of the room where the DELTAS and FOXTROTS Operators were, opens. The Followers are stunned to see the operators in new combat gear and weapons. They felt shivers down their spine as they stare at the glowing red and blue lights emanating from their attached dual-tube AN/PVS 14 NODs. For some reason, the lights of the NODs automatically adjust their colors per the operator's group, for which the DELTAS have demon functions, equal to red light, while FOXTROTS have healing functions, equal to blue light. They are also equipped with Block 1 SOPMODs the same as Harvey's configuration.

Earlier, as they prepare inside the room, the DELTAS ordered their respective Demon Valefars to grab the new gears and weapons from the Cathedral. The demons can do this due to the fact that the DELTAS already traveled and saw the Cathedral physically, thus registering the location to their respective demons. However, the demons are also only able to register a location or an area with and by magic, not with technical and electronic means like television and such. Hence, the demons cannot travel to areas even if the DELTAS just observed the areas by television or any electronic gadgets. They have to go there physically in order for the demons to register the area.

"Thanks for the explanation, author." FOXTROT 02 suddenly whispered.

"Hm? What's that?" DELTA 03 asked FOXTROT 02.

"Oh. Nothing. It's just - there seems to be a change in plans, am I correct?" FOXTROT 02 asked the Followers. 

"Ah! U-Uhm. Y-Yes." Wilma and the rest replied.

"I see. Where is the king?" he followed. But the Followers make faces of worry and annoyance.

"He is in the throne room." Plaire replied with a sad expression.

"D-Desmond! What do we do now?! Hurry!" Troy asked Desmond.

"Just..give me a moment..." Desmond facepalmed as he desperately thinks another plan. 

DELTA 03 and FOXTROT 02 look at each other and approach the Followers.

"Can any of you give me a live feed of the House of Treasures right now?" DELTA 03 suddenly requested the Followers. The Followers look at DELTA 03 with surprise and then look at Plaire. Plaire, not having any second thoughts, obliges and immediately chants again the projection spell on a wall.

Seconds later, a hazy vision of the same crow reappears again on the projection screen. The DELTAS approach the projection for a while and observe the area for a moment. When seconds later, they walk off to a vacant space and their Demon Valefars appear in front of them. The Followers watch the operators and demons in awe and confusion.

After a thumbs-up from their operators, the demons eerily smile and gradually vanish. The DELTAS approach the FOXTROTS and nod at them. The FOXTROTS nod back and approach the Followers.

"Alright. The House of Treasures is now taken care of. Let's go to the king upstairs." said FOXTROT 02. The Followers are now dumbfounded because of this.

"Wh-What..do you mean?" asked Wilma.

"What happened to the plan to recapture the House of Treasures?" Desmond now asked. But, it only takes their hearing and the projection chant of Plaire to answer them.

"GU-GUYS! TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!" Plaire shouted at them. The Followers look at the projection and what they see was not a scene of madness and atrocities. Instead, a scene of the vicious massacre and gnarly brutal attacks of the Demon Valefars toward the helpless soldiers and the Talenteds. The demons, dwarfing anyone around them, start "eating" the soldiers with their eerie large mouths, one by one. The Talenteds meanwhile, are looking at themselves in extreme confusion as their magic and spells stopped appearing. Nevertheless, they also share the same fate as the soldiers. Blood and human remains scatter and stain the shining coins, artifacts, and treasures, as they helplessly shout in despair and agony while the demons continue to laugh uncannily.

"WH-WH-WH-WH-WHY THERE ARE DEMONS IN HERE?! WAAAA!" Count Kadar exclaimed in extreme horror, hiding behind a pillar with Count Hescon and Count Geffen.

"C-COUNT HESCON! W-WHAT DO WE DO?!" Count Geffen asked desperately.

"FUCK! SHIT! FUCK! OUT OF ALL TIMES! THE USER OF THE AWAKENED LESSER KEY  IS PROBABLY HERE! QUICK! I WANT YOU TWO TO GO AND INFORM  MARQUESS - " Count Hescon stopped in the middle of his sentence as he sees the big head of the demon, eerily smiling behind Count Kadar and Count Geffen.

Count Hescon's eyes begin to enlarge and his pupils and stomach shrank at the sight of the horrendous demon.

"Hehe. Found youuuu~~~" the demon continues to widen his smile. The two Counts look behind their backs and feel the same as Count Hescon. 

"AAAAAAAAHHHH - " *GNOMPH!* 

The demon, with its large mouth, bit the three Counts in an instant, leaving only their lower halves on the ground.

"Hmm! Oops! Beelzebub might get angry at me for pretending to be him. Hehehe, Nah who cares?! Stealing is also like Glutton! HAHAHAHA!~~~"

...

The shouts of the soldiers and the Talenteds continue as the Demon Valefars keep on "eating" them. This sight of the projection screen also made the Followers in deep shock and horror.

"N-No way! Ho-How horrendous! But, how your demons are able to go there in an instant?!" Wilma asked in awe.

"Hm. It's because of that man." DELTA 03 pointed at Plaire.

"P-Plaire? How?" Farka joined in.

"The moment where he chanted a live feed of the House of Treasures, it is not some sort of technical or electronic means. Instead, he used magic and mana. That's why our demons are able to grasp the location and exact coordinates based on the magic and mana used by Plaire." DELTA 03 replied while looking at the projection screen.

"Are you...really our best help?" Desmond suddenly asked the operators with a little hostility. Plaire halts the projection screen and joins the rest, as tension is gradually increasing in the room.

"Now now. The demons will oblige only to us. Their intent is also our - intent, Sir Desmond" DELTA 03 replied with a vicious deep tone and aura. Feeling inferior, Desmond sighs and regains his bearings to calm himself.

"De-Desmond...." said Farka, worried about him.

"I'm sorry. I take my attitude back. You have our utmost support." Desmond kneeled down.

"I see. Feeling's mutual, my friend." DELTA 03 replied back in a normal tone. FOXTROT 02 suddenly approaches Desmond and pats his shoulder.

"It's alright. Being the head leader of your group, I'm sure that the events must've taken their toll on you and the rest. Don't worry. We got your guys' back." the operator said. Underneath his face, Desmond smiles a little having calmed down and regained back his confidence. He stands up and smiles confidently at the operator.

"Thank you."

"Heh. Welcome. Now, what shall we do about the barrier?" asked FOXTROT 02 in wonder as he looks at the locked and chanted door. Then again, DELTA 03 goes to the door and touches it for a moment. Not five seconds later, they hear the sound of glass being shattered. It is the barrier being broken.

"I-Impossible!" the followers gasped as DELTA 03 positioned himself on the number two side of the door (opposite side of the knob).

"I need one." DELTA 03 ordered. His group followed and DELTA 04 goes to the knob, ready to open the door. The FOXTROTS also start forming behind the DELTAS.

"Alright alright alright! Followers, we'll go upstairs. Be ready to provide some magical support. Understood?" ordered FOXTROT 02. The Followers look at each other and smile in confidence.

"Sir, yes sir!" the Followers obliged and vanished into the shadows once again.

Thus, the operators flip down their NODs and DELTA 03 nods at DELTA 04, which prompts him to open the door.

*creeeak*

"Go go go!" DELTA 03 whispered as he, DELTA 04, and the rest of the operators make their way up the floor toward the throne room.

"Go go go!" DELTA 03 whispered as he, DELTA 04, and the rest of the operators make their way up the floor toward the throne room

...

...

Meanwhile, in the throne room...

King Galian sits on his throne, overlooking a couple of feet down below with his elf-maid standing on his right side. He makes a pretending frown expression and sighs as he greets his new "guests".

"It's very late in the night to visit me, Marquess Vertal."

In front of the Talenteds and cloaked group of people, Marquess Vertal is a man in his forties with a long fringes brown hairstyle, wearing a red suit.

"A pleasant evening to you, your majesty." the Marquess and the rest kneeled in front of the king.

"Hm. May I know the purpose of your sudden visit and the contingency behind you, Marquess?"

The Marquess stands up and smiles at the king with malicious intent.

"Oh, it's nothing that important, your majesty. Hehe. It is just, a trusted informant of mine reported to me that there might be Riman spies lurking around in this castle."

But, already knowing that his castle is well protected and under constant guard by members from the Followers, King Galian decides to continue pretending and acts as if he was afraid of the news. He makes a stuttering gesture and shakes his legs as if he was now nervous.

"O-O-Oh-Oh! R-R-Really?! H-H-How?!"

"Don't worry, your majesty! We, from the First Key Casters Division, will provide intensive security around and across his majesty's castle! Now go!" Marquess Vertal ordered the Talenteds and members from the Key Casters, which now prompt them to scatter. But, the Marquess's true intention was also the "holy books". 

The king meanwhile doesn't know his true intentions but was sure that the Marquess is up to something bad. He is now forced to keep on pretending to wait for a moment to observe the Marquess as the Marquess keeps on ordering his forces across the throne room.

"Hey, do you think you are able to get him at this distance?" he whispered to his maid while looking at the busy Marquess. The elf maid, with her hands at her back, flips her hands, revealing poisonous daggers out of her long sleeves,

"Hm. I could, but it would be dangerous your majesty. Not for my sake, but for yours as well." the elf-maid whispered back. Then out of nowhere, a loud sound of glass being shattered echoes across the throne room. Marquess Vertal and his forces look around in wonder, while King Galian and the elf-maid, realizing that the magic barrier had been broken, gasp in surprise.

"N-No way! Did Vertal and his cronies manage to find my magical barrier?" the king anxiously thought to himself. But then, they suddenly hear faint suppressed gunshots emanating from nowhere.

"Hm? What's that?" Marquess Vertal wondered as he walks across the throne room in wonder. He then starts contacting his patrol forces through telepathy.

"Hey. What's going on there?"

"MARQUESS VERTAL! W-WE ARE BEING - AH WA-WAI - *phang!**phang!**phang!*"

"HEY! WHAT'S GOING ON THERE? GROUP SIX, CHECK UP WITH GROUP THREE!"

"M-MARQUESS! H-HELP M - BLEARRRGGH!"

"MARQUESS VERTAL, THIS IS GROUP TWO! THERE ARE - *psssshhhh!*"

"FUCK!" Marquess Vertal leaves the telepathic comms and orders the forces near him to follow up with the rest when suddenly, four metal cans fly towards the Marquess and his forces.

"WHOAH! WH-WHAT THE - " the Marquess and the others exclaimed in shock as the four metal cans landed near them. Sensing potential harm towards the king, the elf maid jumps toward King Galian.

"YOUR MAJESTY!"

The king stumbles out of his chair and the two fall to the floor. As the Marquess runs behind his forces, the four metal pipes exploded in nine consecutive bangs.

"AAARGGGGH! MY EARS! MY EARS!" the Key Casters and the Talenteds began shouting in pain.

"TSK! WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!" Marquess Vertal angrily shouted as he hides behind a pillar.

In the distance and appearing in all paths and passageways, a handful of strange men in green and black armaments point their rifles toward Marquess Vertal and his forces.

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND YOUR HEADS DOWN!" the men shouted. Peeking at them from behind cover, Marquess Vertal suddenly felt extreme shivers as he questions what are those strange men that have appeared out of nowhere.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"WH-WH-WHO ARE THEY?!"

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f3532374a512d6739687a36462d773d3d2d3836383031303137342e313733666266313261313362623739353238323536363235363531372e6a7067

...

...

...


Soul Energy :

[ Level 2 ]

+ Lesser Key Of Sollom

 

Soul Count :

[ 103 ]

+ 72 [ Talendteds, Knight Soldiers, and Key Casters ]

+ 3 Nobles

 

Spawn Count:

[ 170 ]

= 1 Brigadier General

= 100 Infantry Units

= 69 Special Forces



UPCOMING NEXT CHAPTER:

Chapter 20 - Bishops of the King

Chapter 20 - Bishops of the King

56