Chapter 18 – Exclusive Tutelage
3.7k 15 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

173b083a7daee677501623010204.jpg


...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 2"
"Tuesday"
"1933 hrs."
"King's Office"
"King's Castle"
"Pridel, Almeda Kingdom"

...

...

...

Alone and walking anxiously back and forth in the past half an hour upon receiving an urgent and distressed report from an escaped and injured follower from the Fourth Cavalry, King Galian immediately sent another reinforcement from the Third Cavalry in order to help the Second and Fourth Cavalry. He is sweating from his forehead and back, anxiously waiting for another report on the situation ongoing there. When suddenly, a knock comes on his door.

"Your majesty?" a mumbled voice echoed through the door.

"Who is it?" he stopped and looked towards the door. The door then opens and a red-haired female elf maid enters in, bowing in respect.

"Your majesty. Sorry to interrupt you at this hour." 

"That's alright. What is it then?"

The maid closes the door and looks at the king with snake-like eyes. She is also one of the undercover agents from the Followers Of Razhiel.

"Your majesty. Troy and Farka have arrived together with Susan from the Second Cavalry."

"Really? What happened to the Second and Fourth Cavalry? What happened to Susan and her group?" the king deeply unnerved.

"Y-Your majesty! Susan is alright now, and is now being interviewed by Desmond and Plaire in the Secret Basement." the maid replied.

"Tch. Come with me!" the king ordered as he now makes his way toward the Secret Basement. The elf maid also followed behind him while checking their surroundings.

...

...

As the two arrived at the entrance of the basement, Wilma greets the two who is guarding the room where the others are.

"G-Good evening, your majesty." Wilma bowed with a face of worry.

"Are they inside?" the king asked her. Wilma then sheds a couple of tears. On the other side of the door, they can hear Susan crying. King Galian hurriedly enters the basement as the elf-maid stayed at the entrance with Wilma to help her guard the room.

"Ah- your majesty!" Wilma was surprised by the king's sudden entry. Upon entering, the king sees Desmond, Plaire, and Troy, looking with sympathy down at Susan crouched on the floor, crying, while Farka hugs her.

"My king!" Desmond immediately noticed the king. The others also notice him as soon as Desmond exclaimed. They all kneel down, and so as Susan, who tries to stop her tears from flowing out of her eyes.

"W-What happened?" the king asked them. Desmond replies while kneeling.

"Your majesty. The Second Cavalry and Fourth Cavalry had been destroyed by people that refer to themselves as the "Talenteds".

"The "Talenteds"?" the king pondered.

"Yes, your majesty." Desmond followed. King Galian then looks at Susan who is crying silently while kneeling. He approaches and kneels at her. Susan looks up, surprised to see the king.

"Y-Your, majesty...." Susan, trying to hold back tears. The king then hugs her head and pats it.

"You all did your best. I know you all did...." the king said sympathetically. This is enough to make Susan bursts into tears. Desmond, Plaire, and Troy clinch their teeth in anger and rage upon the Talenteds who had attacked them.

...

After short minutes later, Susan and the others calm down and resume their interview.

"The "Talenteds". Huh." the king pondered again.

"Yes, your majesty. They are very powerful individuals who mastered high levels of magic and combat." Farka replied.

"I see. It seems that I've not taken into consideration that they will counter-attack us with much power."

The king then suddenly bows to Susan.

"My deepest apologies, Susan."

Surprised, Susan also apologizes.

"Y-Your majesty! There's no need to apologize! In fact, I'm the one who needs to because we deeply underestimated the enemies. We're deeply sorry, Your Majesty!" Susan and the others also bowed to the king. The king raises his head and smiles a little in gratitude and respect.

"You guys. Oh. By the way..." the king looked at Troy and Farka as he remembered something.

"What happened to the Invitation? Are they able to make it here?"

Troy and Farka lift up their heads and report to the king with satisfaction.

"Yes, Your Majesty!" Troy exclaimed.

"They are inside the furthest room there. We've asked them to wait for you in that room at the moment." Farka followed and pointed in the direction of a far room behind them. Hearing this, the king feels very anxious and excited at the same time. He gulped and ordered the rest to follow him as he approaches the farthest room.

However, as they continue to approach the farthest room, they can now start hearing loud shouts and groans of demonic voices echoing inside the room, with dark auras seeping out of every hole in the walls and the door. Surprised, the king and the rest stop for a moment.

"W-What is going on?" the king asked with worry.

"I-I-I don't know, Your Majesty! We also haven't heard this earlier." Plaire replied, deeply worried as well.

All of them then slowly continue their approach toward the farthest room where the demonic shouts and groans are coming. Small batches of the dark and evil aura are beginning to scatter as well coming out of the gaps and holes in the door and walls of the room. Albeit the dark auras are harmless, the king and the rest are now afraid and very anxious about what is going on inside the room.

...

After more careful steps, they now finally reached the door. Desmond and the other followers positioned themselves in front of the king to shield him just in case something bad is happening inside.

"B-Be careful, Desmond." the king said in a worried tone as Desmond carefully reach the doorknob.

*click*

Desmond twists the doorknob and slowly opens the door. However, just before he fully opens it, the door opens with force with the harmless thick dark aura greeting them like a strong wind gush, and the demonic shouts and groans louder than ever.

"ARRGHH! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" Susan shouted as they shield the king from the dark aura with their shadow weapons.

"ARRGH! HOLD ON!" Desmond ordered the followers as the dark aura begins to fade away. Then, as they observe the dark aura fade out, the demonic shouts and groans were now followed by increasing cheers from unknown men. Some were laughing, and some are cheering.

"I-IT CANNOT BE!" the followers exclaimed as they see the reason behind the aura and the shouting.

"Wh-Wh-What is it?!" the king asked as he opens his eyes. What greets him was two Demon Valefars, wearing boxing gear and gloves. Red and Blue sides. They are currently having a casual boxing match, while the men from the DELTAS Group and FOXTROTS Group cheer from the sidelines.

"WOO! KNOCK HIM OFF, VALEFAR FOUR!" DELTA 04 cheered his demon.

"HAHA! GO FOR THE UPPERCUT NOW, VALEFAR FIVE!" DELTA 05 also cheered for his demon.

"IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT? TAKE THESE! HOAH HOAH!" the fourth demon struck with jab punches.

"AKGH! HAHA! HOW 'BOUT SOME OF THESE INSTEAD?!" the fifth demon surprisingly made a kicking strike.

"HAHAHA! HEY HEY! THAT'S ILLEGAL!" 

The operators and the two demons chuckle as the demons box at each other playfully. However, FOXTROT 07 notices King Galian and the five followers with him at the door.

"Oh shit....GUYS!" FOXTROT 07 shouted to his comrades. Immediately, all of them look at the door and see the king and the followers as well. Even the two demons stop and look at the door. In haste, all of the operators stand in rigid attention with the demons standing straight as well with deadpan faces.

"We're sorry about that, King Galian." FOXTROT 02 saluted the king. The king and the rest are now looking dumbfounded at the two demons behind them.

"They are indeed..real..." the king said in awe.

"Oh. Haha. Y-Yes.."

FOXTROT 02 then whisper at DELTAS 04 and 05.

"Psst hey! Do something about your demons!"

DELTAS 04 and 05 then turn their backs behind and play a quick Rock-Paper-Scissors match in one strike.

"Rock-Paper-Scissors!" the two operators whispered as they picked their choice. DELTA 04 picked Rock. However, DELTA 05 picked Paper. 

"Tch. Fuck." DELTA 04 complained in a whisper. This prompts Demon Valefar Five to casually punch Demon Valefar Four while still in a deadpan face looking towards the king. 

"Bleeurgh~~" Demon Valefar Four playfully pretends to be knocked off by the weak punch and begins to disappear. Demon Valefar Five raises his both boxing gloves in some sort of being victorious, and also fades away, still retaining his deadpan face towards the king.

"Wh-What just ..happened?..."Susan began to wonder.

"Hehehe. Please don't mind about that. Now, let's get back with the business..." the operator said in a serious tone as all of the operators stand by the walls. DELTA 03 and FOXTROT 02 meanwhile, go by the table with King Galian and his followers behind him. 

After that, the king and the operators introduce each other and went to have a conversation and discussion with their topics and questions in hand.

...

...

"ANGEL RAZHIEL IS NOW FREE?!" the king exclaimed in the middle of their conversation. The followers behind him gasped in surprise.

"Y-Yes. Here she is, together with "Sir Fox"." FOXTROT 02 presented a picture with Fruchiel (Razhiel) and Harvey smiling on her right side, wearing a green hoodie, woodland camo pants, and a tactical helmet with NODs (Night-Vision Devices) flipped down. Both of them are making a peace sign.

King Galian grabs and looks at the picture and wonders why the angel is smaller and tiny than in the past.

"Is she the angel?" the king asked.

"Yes. The reason why she is in this form is because of her prolonged captivity in that cursed black bracelet used against her." the operator replied.

"S-Sir Fox? Who is he? Is he in this picture?"

"Yes. He is the one who rescued the angel in the first place."

Hearing this answer, the king can't help but feel powerless. Despite being king of a country, he still hasn't managed to find Fruchiel and break in towards her Cathedral in the center of the forest. He clenched his hands as he puts down the picture on the table.

"Y-Your majesty...." Troy, worried after noticing the king's resentment of himself. After a short sigh, however, the king comes back to his senses and smiles gently.

"At the very least, she is now safe and is in good hands..."

"Indeed, your majesty." Plaire suddenly joined in.

"She is very active there, to say the least, Hehe." Farka followed. The king looks behind and chuckles.

"Hehe. Really? I can't wait to meet with her again." he said as he looks back at the picture again.

"Sir Fox and the others are also anticipating your presence, King Galian."

"Oh. I see, But, yeah. We have to deal with those "Talenteds" first. They still haven't discovered that Angel Razhiel is now free and that she is with you people there at her Cathedral. Did you all really eliminate those pieces of shit back there?" the king asked with deep seriousness.

"The "Talenteds"? Are you talking about back there at the riverbank?" DELTA 03 joined in.

"Indeed." the king replied.

"Yes. We killed those people. There are also some knights and three nobles there. None of them are alive right now." said DELTA 03.

"I see." the king lowered his head as he continues to grasp the situation when suddenly, the red-haired elf maid enters the room in a deep worry.

"Y-Your majesty! The Third Cavalry - !"

All of the eyes are on her now, and the king stands up to confront his maid.

"What happened to the Third Cavalry?"

Desmond, Plaire, and Troy also stand up behind the king.

The maid then takes a moment and clenches her both fists in hesitation to deliver the urgent news. 

"T-The Third Cavalry....has been destroyed by the Talenteds."

This dreadful news greatly shocks the king and the Followers inside the room.

"H-How can this be?..." Troy gasped.

"Isn't the Third Cavalry supposed to guard and patrol the outskirts of the House of Treasures?!" Desmond also gasped.

"Some pesky nobles and counts might be behind all of this!" Plaire complained in anger. 

"Damn! This is bad! I think they are after the preserved holy treasures kept there!" the king suddenly realized the potential reason for the attack. The four Followers then kneel down on the floor to the king.

"Your majesty! We humbly ask you to send us to fight them off!" the Followers asked with enthusiasm and anger. But, afraid of repeating the same outcomes that happened to his Second and Fourth Cavalry, King Galian thinks for a while, when as he then spans his gaze to the operators just sitting in patience, he approaches and bows in front of the operators.

"Para- I mean, members from the mighty DELTAS Group and FOXTROTS Group. May I request your assistance on this predicament?" 

Seeing their leader bow in front of the operators, the Followers adjust themselves behind the king and also bow in front of the operators. The operators look at each other for a while, until FOXTROT 02 speaks.

"So that's how it goes, then?" he said as he stands up.

"By the representative on behalf of Sir Fox, we gladly accept the beginning of our alliance pact." he continued, reaching a handshake. The Followers and the king lifted up their heads with faces of relief, and King Galian handshakes FOXTROT 02.

With that, they now start planning for a counter-attack and operation to secure and eliminate the Talenteds reaching the House of Treasures. The red-haired elf maid puts down a map of the site area on the table and she reports the encounter of the Third Cavalry against the Talenteds on the map with the king, the Followers, and the operators, following up on each other to discuss their coordinated strike.

...

...

...

Meanwhile, back in the Cathedral...

At the wide field near the airstrip runway and hangars, Harvey and a few members from HOTELS, DELTAS, and FOXTROTS, are testing new night-vision devices that were unlocked prior to Harvey's Soul Level increasing to Level 2 due to the additional Souls his patrols gathered while patrolling their designated patrol areas in the past days, which now unlock weapons and gear from the 80s up to 90s on Harvey's world. 

Donning dual AN/PVS-14s, Harvey and the operators observe the surroundings with their new NODs while having a casual and lax conversation.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f73506c43756d65723637377057413d3d2d3836373335333433372e313733643861373036643336323933393332333432313830383832372e6a7067

(Harvey, in a black hoodie in the middle, together with the operators from the HOTELS, DELTAS, and FOXTROTS.)

"- so I was like, but you didn't have to do it. She then asked, "Why not?". Then I replied, "Cause he gone doe!"." said Harvey. The operators then laugh and chuckle.

"Hehehe. He really do be like that doe? Hahaha."
"I bet she's very upset when she knew that it was just a waste of time. Hehehe."

"Hahaha. Not that I waited for her anyways. She's just too dumb to notice that. Kinda like what we're doing right now. Hahahaha. " Harvey followed with humor.

"Hahahaha!"
"Hahahaha!" the operators continue to chuckle and laugh.

"Hehehehe. Are the NODs alright by the way? Perfect timing to replace those old PVS-Fives and metascopes." Harvey followed.

"These PVS-Fourtheens are good, Sir Harvey. About time to use these bad boys." a HOTEL Operator replied.

"Neat. After you guys get comfy about the NODs, let's proceed with the "fun stuff"." Harvey smirked.

"You mean sir, the shooty-shooty stuff? Hehe."

"Indeed. We gotta test the new SOPMODs as well." Harvey continued.

"Block Ones, sir?"

"Yep. I've taken the liberty to personally arrange the attachments, receivers, and such. Here. What do you guys think?" Harvey as he presents the SOPMOD layout on his hud to the operators.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6370454a38707a4f4f5965494e413d3d2d3836373335333433372e313733643865333033373338343636333332383037323339333232322e706e67

"Not bad, sir."

"All good to me as well, Sir Harvey."

"That is a pretty neat SOPMOD arrangement, sir."

"Really? Aight. We will use these for the CQB drill later. Prep up your slings and - " Harvey suddenly stopped as his radio attached to his vest, is now enveloped in a strange shadow aura and transmits a call from FOXTROT 02. He then presses the receive button on his radio and listens to the transmission on his ComTac.

*pssh*

"FOXTROT Actual. This is FOXTROT Two. How copy, sir?"

"Hm? Oh. It's you. Roger. FOXTROT Two, go ahead. How's the Alliance-Pact?"

They were now able to communicate through their vast distances at each other, thanks to the casted Phantom-Magic spell, hence the shadow auras that Plaire and Wilma chanted onto their radios to allow them to link their transmission at each other despite long distances and obscurants.

"Roger. The pact is successful and we're now on terms with King Galian. Break: We are operation-effective right now by the king's request."

The operators also heard his transmission and look at Harvey with curiosity.

"Oh? They are already on a mission? That was fast." an operator said.

"The king must've seen their high combat capabilities." another operator said.

"I-I see. I also noticed the additional Souls added to my hud earlier. That is probably your guys doing. How copy?"

"R-Roger that, Sir. We've eliminated foot-mobiles as we discreetly made our way through here, at his king's castle."

"Roger."

As Harvey thinks for a while, he suddenly hears footsteps coming from behind. The operators in front of Harvey suddenly salute in the direction of the footsteps. This is enough for Harvey to know who that person is. He smiles and looks behind with a salute.

"Hehe. Good Evening, Brigadier General Hopkins."

Yesterday, Harvey begins to try the Promotion Function at HOTEL 01 to be the leading officer of the entire base and forces at the time being. Wearing a plain green general coat and pants, the Brigadier General also manifested a familiar face from Harvey's memories. Brigadier General Hopkins is now a rigid man that looked like in his 50s, has thick eyebrows, and a center-parting brown hairstyle.

"Sir Harvey. No need for the salutations, sir." the Brigadier General said in also a familiar deep tone from Harvey's memories. 

"O-Oh. Hahaha. That's alright because it seemed like a Brigadier General from my world also got transported into this world and is now in front of me. I can't help but get anxious. Hehehe."

"Hm. I see. So, I've also heard that they are now on an operation at the king's request. Right?"

"Yep. Here. Talk to FOXTROT Two." Harvey detached his radio and gives it to the Brigadier General.

"FOXTROT Two. This is Brigadier General Hopkins. I'm sure you guys have also heard about my promotion yesterday."

"Yes, Brigadier General. We received the news from the HOTELS." FOXTROT 02 on the transmission.

"Right. In this operation of yours, we will provide you with the new PVS-Fourtheens and SOPMODS as well through Harvey's hud. Just remember - " the Brigadier General suddenly makes a menacing face and looks towards the operators.

" - just remember. Moon's Out, Goons Out."

Harvey and the operators suddenly envelop wicked auras and also smile wickedly with the Brigadier General. Then, as if FOXTROT 02 and the other operators listening with him on the line, feel their ominous expressions, also make the same expressions as them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Heh. Roger that, Brigadier General."

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f3536735273494f6d2d4f2d797a673d3d2d3836373335333433372e313733643930373761313533326230363636393932343831333237392e6a7067

...

...

...


Soul Energy :

[ Level 2 ]

+ Lesser Key Of Sollom

 

Soul Count :

[ 28 ]

- 60 (Brigadier General)

 

Spawn Count:

[ 190 ]

= 1 Brigadier General

= 100 Infantry Units

= 69 Special Forces



UPCOMING NEXT CHAPTER:

Chapter 19 - Feigning King

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4a2d596f2d6e3041474971305a673d3d2d3836373335333433372e313733643930623966353165616363353834353030363930333332332e6a7067

63