Chapter 17 – Consequences of a Mistake
3.6k 8 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

17348e5cb2f25fda961620037899.jpg


...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 1"
"Thursday"
"1701 hrs."
"Cathedral"
"Gargan Forest"

...

...

...

With Operation Hidden Ark successful, its lead - HOTEL 01, announces the finished conclusion of the entire operation on the element's frequency.

"All callsigns, this is HOTEL ActualOperation Hidden Ark is concluded with White FlowerWhite Flower has been rescued." he said as he leaves the radio table to greet the task force outside.

With the roaring thumps of the Cobra landing back on the now-finished helipads near the ongoing airstrip, HOTEL 01 sees Fruchiel and Felicia at the entrance gate, accompanied by two FOXTROTS Operators, waiting also for Harvey and his team.

"How's it going? You girls are also waiting for the sir?" he greeted the two.

"Ah-Y-Yes. Are they alright?" Felicia asked HOTEL 06.

"Yes. They are alright and will be arrived a moment."

Seconds later, dark silhouettes of people emerge from the distance inside the treelines, when as they exit the cover of the trees, the light illuminated them and revealed Harvey with the others - and Felicia's mother being accompanied by also two FOXTROTS Operators to ensure she's doing alright. Seeing her mother again, Felicia tears up and runs towards her mother.

"MOTHER!"

Looking ahead after hearing a familiar voice, the mother is very glad and happy to see also her daughter once again.

"FELICIA!

She then hugs Felicia and embraces her for a moment with tears. 

"Mother! I thought I won't ever see you again!" Felicia cried.

"It's ok. I'm here now. It's all thanks to Sir Harvey and his people." her mother followed as Felicia bowed in front of Harvey and his team.

"Thank you very much, Sir Harvey and the rest! You all have our deepest gratitude."

"Y-Yeah. You're welcome. Now, how about you two rest inside the Cathedral with the others for dinner time, alright? Make sure that your mother is ok and used in the area." Harvey ordered with a smile.

Felicia and her mother bow again in gratitude and together with the two FOXTROTS Operators, they walk to the Cathedral.

With that, Harvey and his task force also follow and approach a vacant tent for the mission evaluation. When suddenly, as they went inside the tent, Fruchiel followed and greets Harvey with a deep glare, panning to the DELTAS Operators.

"Hey, Harvey. Come here for a moment."

"What's the matter?"

The angel then points to the DELTAS Operators.

"I sensed demons in them..." she said in a hostile tone. Surprised that the angel quickly noticed it, he is about to explain the reason when suddenly, two bright orbs of light appear out of nowhere in the middle. The surrounding DELTAS Operators quickly point their rifles toward the two light orbs, when after seconds later, the two light orbs manifested two tall and beautiful angels dwarfing Harvey and everyone inside the tent. One has black hair with blue robes, and the other has blonde hair and red robes. Fruchiel, also taken by surprise by the sudden arrival of the two tall angels, asks the angels.

"Racquel, and Rafael! What are you two doing here?!" she asked respectively.

Racquel, the one with the blue robes, looks around and observe Harvey and the DELTAS Operators surrounding them with rifles drawn, and chuckles.

"Fufu. I knew that it would work!" she smugly said to Rafael.

"Hm. Indeed. To also think that Jofiel and Mikhael approved and knew that this will work. Seriously, what are you three thinking?" she replied as she also observes the operators.

"H-Huh? Uhm. G-Greetings?" Harvey looked at the angels and awkwardly kneeled towards them. Seeing that Harvey kneeled, all of the DELTAS Operators quickly holsters back their rifles and kneel at the tall angels.

Putting her attention on Harvey, Rafael gently smiles.

"We meet at last - Harvey Johanson."

Observing Rafael for a moment, he quickly notices a sense of familiarity with her appearance.

"A-Are you...."

He is then interrupted by her with a chuckle.

"Fufufu. Yes. I'm the one in your contingent iconography. The one in your "Pararescue Jumper" icon."

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f38564546445043314256733762513d3d2d3836363736343237372e313733396564326663303062346331653530303931353539373938302e706e67

Realizing this, Harvey gasps.

"Y-You are real? I-I can't believe it!"

"Fufu, indeed. Now, I'm sure that you have many questions. That is why we are here now for this moment. In actuality, this is the job of Gavriel. But he is very busy at the moment."

"Hmhm. Indeed. Lift up your head, Harvey. It is now alright." Racquel added. Harvey and the operators stand up in attention and form up in front of the two tall angels.

"T-Thank you. I don't mean to offend but, w-who are you all exactly - even you Razhiel?"

"U-Uhm. Y-You can go ahead and explain, Rafael." Razhiel instructed with a shy impression.

"I see. First of all, we three are part of the "Ten Choirs". I'm Rafael - the Angel of Health and Prosperity."

"I'm Racquel. The Angel of Justice and Equality." 

"While that little angel beside you, is again, the Angel of Magic and Incantation - Razhiel. We three used to work our duties together as the three of us are called the "Holy Triumvirate". " Rafael followed.

"The "Holy Triumvirate"?" Harvey asked

"Indeed. We three are what you can call, the second-in-commands in heaven." Racquel answered.

"Because of our compatible duties at one another, we are usually responsible for taking care and managing various worlds created by the "Holy Triad". They are: 

Uryel - the Angel of Nature and Essence,
Jofiel - the Angel of Wisdom and Beauty, and 
Zahdkiel - the Angel of Freedom and Benevolence."  
Rafael answered.

"I-I see. Who are the other four?" Harvey asked again.

"Hm. It appears that Razhiel did not fully explain it to you. That is alright." Rafael followed as she then projects a sort of white hologram, presenting the other four angels.

"The other three in that four, are also apart from another group called the "Holy Tripartite", who are responsible for eliminating and fighting off any evil and demons. They are:

Camuel - the Angel of War and Strength,
Khassiel - the Angel of Duality and Ambivalence, and
Azhrael - the Angel of Death and Passing." Racquel 
answered.

"The "Holy Triumvirate", the "Holy Triad", and the "Holy Tripartite".  That's a lot. But wait, if that's nine, who is the last one?"

"..he is the Divine Angel - our leader. Mikhael." Razhiel suddenly interrupted.

"Mikhael is one of the three Archangels in the "God's Terzetto", which means they are by the side of God at all times. The other two are Celaphiel - the Invocation Angel, and Gavriel - the Messenger Angel."

"Alright. I think I've known enough. I got one last question. What is my true purpose in this world?"

"Well, it has something to do with your Greater Key." Racquel smiled.

"Indeed. The one that recommends using that Greater Key, is the Arcangel Celaphiel." Rafael followed.

"Wo-Woah. Really?"

"Yes. Being the Invocation Angel, she received countless prayers for help from the people of this world. Gavriel also received the news of countless copies of the Lesser Key Of Sollom being distributed to various places. Then, after having a meeting with Mikhael and being given permission by God, the three Archangels decided to counter the events by having one person use the Greater Key Of Sollom." she continued.

"I see." Harvey, opening his hud and checks on his systems tab.

"But, why me though? Can't you just hire a person from this world?"

"That is the first they planned throughout. But after giving enough thought, they concluded that it will be better to call another human on the other world because this world is already contaminated with various evil thoughts and menace."

"Even though I also planned to recommend King Galian to use the Greater Key, he can't and won't be, because of his position right now." Rafael followed.

"So, that's why those five beast-humans are really serious about having an alliance with us with the king." Harvey continued to ponder. 

Then, Razhiel suddenly raises her hand.

"I've been thinking. Since when the Greater Key began to control the Lesser Key, that the Greater Key can now control Demons?"

"Fufu. That's a very nice question." Racquel chuckled. She then approaches the DELTAS and raises her both arms up in the air while mumbling a chant.

 As she continues with her chant, the operators suddenly glow blue, and their sleeping "demons" appear behind them. 

"WO-WOAH! THOSE ARE THEIR FUNCTIONS!?" Harvey gasped in awe, while Razhiel was taken aback with shock.

The "demons" behind the operators suddenly woke up as they sensed Racquel's chant. Immediately, the demons bow down in front of the angel. Finishing the spell, Racquel continues with the explanation.

"Ah. Demon Valefar. It's been a while. You see Harvey, that Greater Key you are using is indeed a one-of-a-kind copy and specifically made for you to counter the cursed powers of the Lesser Key. And, because of the plan to fight the Lesser Key, the Archangels made that Greater Key absorb the Lesser Keys so that even though there are countless variations of the Lesser Key Of Sollom in this world as we speak, your one and very powerful Greater Key Of Sollom is sufficed to eradicate or absorb them all."

"Uh-huh. So that's why I can now also use the Lesser Key. What's up with the demons though?" Harvey asked as he looked at the demons floating behind the operators.

"Fufu. They are the manifested remains of the Demon Valefar, from your absorbed Lesser Key. If they are being functioned within your troops, then the demons will be their servants. Fufu. Isn't that neat?" Racquel said with a smug face

Rafael then sighs.

"You have the same face the Archangels were making when they are planning through it. Haaa~.Really. Don't get too confident." Rafael continued.

"Hehe. So, that explains it. Is there anything I would like to know more about?" Harvey followed.

"Hm. Not at the moment. We've come here to give you answers and to check the results of the first integration effects of the Lesser Key into your Greater Key." Racquel answered.

"Indeed. As of now, it seems that it is doing perfectly. For that, we may now leave. Until we meet again, Harvey." Rafael bid farewell.

"Oh~ and you've got guests coming. Fufu." Racquel suddenly continued as she and Rafael fade and vanish with a gentle breeze.

"Hm?" Harvey thought.

Immediately after the two tall angels disappear, the five beast-humans enter the tent.

"Sir Har-vkh!" Desmond gasped as they see the demons behind the operators.

"WH-WHAT?! DEMONS!" Wilma followed with a gasp. The five then start brandishing shadow swords and daggers.

"Whoa whoa whoa. It's alright, you five. Calm down. They are with me." Harvey approached the five beast-humans. 

"I-Is that true? Sir Harvey?" Plaire asked with a worried tone.

"Yes. Do not worry." Fruchiel (Razhiel) also followed with Harvey. 

The five unholster their weapons and breath a sigh of relief, followed by the demons fading away. Upon seeing their weapons meanwhile, Harvey suddenly realizes something about the five beast-humans.

"Shadow-like weapons, huh? It is like the DELTAS at Recon Support Four reported when they encountered another user of that type of magic back there. Isn't that Phantom Magic?"

The five beast-humans jolted having Harvey realized that they were the specified type of magic.

"Oh yeah. Not only you five can use Unholy Magic, but Phantom Magic as well?" the angel followed.

"I-Indeed. It is a requirement for the Followers to have Phantom Magic." Troy answered.

"Hm. I see. How nice." Harvey chuckled. But, Plaire, making a worried face, nods slightly at Desmond who is also feeling anxious.

"Sir Harvey, and your holiness. The truth is, we didn't really master the Unholy Magic." Desmond followed, with the other for bowing.

"Hm? Then why is the cursed book with you?" Fruchiel asked.

"We are still studying and mastering it. We can't use any unholy chants perfectly right now. That is also why we have the Fake-Hearts, to begin with." Wilma followed.

"I see. That explains why you five are very shocked to see the demons." Harvey concluded. After that, they have an operation briefing and continue with their daily routines.

...

...

...

Three days have passed....

On a bright and sunny afternoon, inside the throne room of his castle, King Galian is having a meeting with three high nobles.

"-so, that means that we can also sell to slavery any people that we came across in that small village?" a noble asked with a malicious smile. Playing his part and pretending to be an immoral king, the king agrees.

"Hm. Yes. Do as you wish. Just don't forget to gift me two, no, five beautiful female slaves."

"G-GOT IT, YOUR MAJESTY!" the noble thanked the king as they walk out of the room with menacing smiles on their faces.

After the nobles exited the doors, the king is now completely alone. He then sighs and annoyance as he facepalmed himself.

"Haa~ Great. I didn't really want to send the Second Cavalry to prevent and stop them, but it seemed that I had no choice."

He suddenly stands up and walks out to his office. While walking, he calls for someone.

"You there?"

Another man clad in black emerges out of the shadows and follows the king in front of him.

"Yes, your majesty."

"Good. I want your Second Cavalry to intercept those foolish bastards once they crossed the river a mile away from that small village. Understood?"

"Understood, your majesty. I will also order the Fourth Cavalry on standby just in case."

"Good. Now go."

"Yes, your majesty!"

The man vanishes out of the shadows as he receives the king's orders. After a brief walk to his office, the king finally enters his office room and sits by the table as he thinks about what happened to the five of his "ambassadors" to make an alliance with the so-called "Pararescuemen". When suddenly, the windows near him burst open with force, and a strong wind gush flowed inside his room. Surprisingly,  the king remained stoic and unprovoked with this. He raises a brow and stands up to check the windows.

As he closes the windows, he closes the curtains and chuckles.

"Hehe. So? What is the news?" he looked behind. He sees the five beat-humans, bowing in front of him.

"Your majesty. We have come to send you great news." Desmond said with confidence.

Plaire then stands up and presents an envelope and hands it to the king. The king grabs the envelops and opens it, revealing a single picture.

"A-Are these the "Pararescuemen"?" the king stuttered with disbelief and excitement.

"No, your majesty. They are not the "Pararescuemen". Instead, they are called - the DELTAS Group" Desmond followed.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6d555668773551624732704248513d3d2d3836363736343237372e313733396535633836333932613438613936353530363334363135332e6a7067

"B-But, where are the Pararescuemen?"

"Your majesty. The ones you refer the "Pararescuemen", are instead called, the FOXTROTS Group. But, don't fret, your majesty. They are the descendants of the "Pararescuemen". " Plaire continued.

As King Galian continues to look and observe the picture with great excitement and joy, he sees the flag they are holding and wondered about it.

"A demon holding what seems to be some sort of flintlock, and a spear pointing at a letter "F"?

He then flips the picture and sees a note saying:

"FURANTUR, REX MEUS!"

"What does it me- " he suddenly stopped and gasps with another vision in his mind, realizing the meaning of the phrase - when translating it, it says: "LET THEM BE STOLEN, MY KING!", and he starts seeing DELTAS Operator with the Demon Valefar behind him, brandishing his spear, while the operator has his rifle holstered to his vest. Hence, explaining the letter "F" - that means the word "Furantur", and the demon on the black flag in the picture. After seconds, he gasps back and came back to his senses.

"D-Demon Valefar?! Wh-Why?" the king said, panting heavily.

What follows is the five beast-humans telling the full story of Harvey and his spawns.

...

...

After an hour, the king can't believe what happened. He quickly plans to head out to have a secret meeting with Harvey in the Cathedral.

"But, it's too dangerous, your majesty!" Desmond warned with worry.

"The enemies might become suspicious and will try to take their chances to apprehend or capture you!" Farka followed.

"Hm..." the king starts to think about something, as the five watches the king with worry.

...

"Oh, I know! How about we secretly invite them here?" the king recommended.

The five beast-humans look at each other for a couple of seconds, and Desmond agrees with the king.

"M-Maybe, your majesty."

"Good. Troy and Farka. You two will go back there to invite Harvey here. If they decline, it's alright. I will find a way to meet them there. Got that?"

"Yes, your majesty!" Troy and Farka bowed and vanish.

"While you three will resume guarding the premises together with the First Cavalry."

"Understood, your majesty." Desmond, Plaire, and Wilma bowed as well and vanish into the shadows.

The king then proceeds to do paperwork in his office alone.

...

...

...

Another two days have passed...

As the sun is beginning to set on the horizon, loud chirps of the crows echo on a river bank as the aforementioned nobles set out to raid and pillage a small village on the rural outskirts. The nobles and knights chuckle with malicious intent as they plan their strategy and the hideous acts they will be doing toward the residents of the said village. However, they are soon blocked by people clad in black cloaks, covering their faces. The knights form up in a battle formation and prepare to engage. 

"Hoh? Are you from the Followers of Razhiel? BWAHAHAHA! PATHETIC! YOUR ANGEL IS LONG GONE! BWAHAHA!" a noble laughed.

"Hehe. No more the like of you will overpower us. For now, we brought talented individuals, called the "Talenteds"!. Hehehehe." another noble laughed, as three people exits out of a caravan behind them. The followers look at the three with worry and they prepare for an engagement, as the three wear high-attribute magic weapons and armaments. A female in her twenties, wearing a blue-white robe while brandishing a wooden staff, a male in his thirties, wearing gold knight armor, brandishing a double-sided yellow spear, and another male in his thirties that wears a fancy gray suit with wands on both hands.

"HAHAHA! We too also have powerful organizations, you know! So your cocky days are over, you pathetic followers! HAHAHAHA!"

"HAHA! CHARGE!" another noble ordered. 

What follows are the knights attacking first the followers, but failing miserably. The followers hastily try to eliminate all of the knights as soon as possible to engage with the more powerful three individuals in front of the nobles. The screams and shouts of the pain of the knights echo throughout the area as the followers eliminate them one by one.

...

After the engagement, there are only a handful of knights remaining, and some run away for cover behind the three individuals. However, the followers are now panting heavily and tired.

"Tsk. Wh-Where is the Fourth Cavalry? Aren't they supposed to appear now?" the leader of the followers' group asked with worry. But, the answer left her with horror as the shouts of the members from the Fourth Cavalry also echo in the forest.

"DON'T TELL ME?!" the leader of the followers shouted to the nobles.

"KUKUKU! IT IS ALL OVER NOW, YOU DAMN FOLLOWERS! WE HAVE ALSO PLACED ANOTHER TALENTEDS IN OUR REAR! BWAHAHAHA!" the nobles laughed.

With this, the followers prepared for the worst. The three talenteds suddenly vanish in existence, and so do the followers, prompting engagement in the shadows. But, just mere seconds later, dead followers drop out of nowhere, indicating they were now being killed by the three talenteds.

The three nobles, together with a handful of knights guarding them, relax and cheer. They eat some biscuits as they watch the dead followers drop to the ground.

...

*KLANG!*

The sword of the leader flings up into the air. She is now severely injured and uncloaked, revealing a female human with blue long hair.

"Kuh...gghh.." she kneeled in front of her dead companions on the ground. The three talenteds smile eerie at her as they prepare to kill her.

"Hahaha! Looks like the show is finally over! CHEERS!"

"CHEERS!" the nobles laughed as they watch the last female follower killed.

When suddenly...

"Hm? WHA-!" the three talenteds, with faces of horror, see a tall demon that appeared in a blink of an eye, behind the injured follower.

The face of the demon suddenly twitches with crackling noises of bones, as its face began to contort and twist in horrendous ways with echoes of maniacal laughter.

"EEEEEK! DE-DE-DE-DE-DEMON!" the nobles shouted in horror and tries to run away with the horrified knights. However, they are also soon greeted by the same demons behind them, also with twitching faces and evil laughter, with the heads of the talenteds in the forest that killed the followers from the Fourth Cavalry, floating near the demons.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!" they all shouted, except for the injured follower, who is in utter confusion and shock as she watches the demons slowly encircle all of the talenteds. The remaining three talenteds attack the demons with all their might but to no avail.

"H-H-HOLY AURA!" but the aura just vanish in an instant.

"SHIT! J-JUDGEMENT STRIKE!" as the man in the suit summons little pieces of star-like material, towards the demons, but they also vanish in an instant.

"ARRRRGH! HOT! HOT! W-WHAT IS HAPPENING! MY ARMOR ARE FADING AWAY!" the man in golden armor and spear shouted in horror as his whole armor and spear melts into his skin.

As the faces of the demons continue to twitch horribly with the echoes of their bones crackling, the demons finally encircled the nobles, the knights, and the three individuals, leaving them no place to move now. For this, immediately, their faces stop twitching, with their jaws smiling and opened very wide followed by their sudden demonic shouts of:

"FURATUS EST VITAS!" 

At this moment, the hearts of all the nobles, the knights, and the three talenteds, shrink at the same time, coupled with a sudden hail of bullets from nowhere.

*PRAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHA!*
*PRAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHA!*
*PRAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHAPHA!*

The last and injured follower, the injured blue-haired female, lies down on the ground for cover as bullets wheeze near her.

"AAAAAAAHHH!" she shouted in the midst of the bullets wheezing toward the enemies. 

In the site, the demons are still eerily smiling at them for any remaining survivors who witness the grueling fate that awaits them. The cries of the survivors resonate, followed by an eerie silence.

...

The injured follower slowly looks up and sees the demons striking the bodies with their spears, stealing all of the alive survivors. When suddenly, she hears a voice from behind.

"SUSAN! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

Susan looks behind and sees Troy and Farka running desperately toward her. Susan begins to cry as she sees them in the distance.

Approaching her, Susan lays down on the ground, prompting Farka to bring a healing potion while Troy rests her head on his hands.

"What happened?!" Why is the Second Cavalry here with the Fourth?" Troy asked.

"WAIT A MOMENT, TROY! Let her drink the potion first!" Farka then opens the lid of the blue potion and puts the opening to Susan's mouth. Susan drinks the potion and she is instantly healed. She coughs and sits to gather her bearing for a while.

"You okay?" Troy asked again.

"Y-Yeah. W-Well, King Galian ordered us to- " when suddenly, she starts seeing unknown silhouettes of unknown men near the river.

"Wh-Who are they?" Susan asked. Troy and Farka look at the unknown men with confidence.

 

 

 

 

 

"They are the men from the DELTAS Group with men from the FOXTROTS Group!"

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4274424c755363696a41444c64513d3d2d3836363736343237372e313733396562376434646163336638613138393932333831373438372e6a7067

...

...

...


Soul Energy :

[ Level 1 ]

+ Lesser Key Of Sollom

 

Soul Count :

[ 88 ]

+4 Nobles
+6 Talenteds
+15 Escort Knights
+16 hostile targets throughout small skirmishes on patrol duties (past 3 days)

 

Spawn Count:

[ 190 ]

= 100 Infantry Units

= 70 Special Forces



UPCOMING NEXT CHAPTER:

Chapter 18 - Exclusive Tutelage

Chapter 18 - Exclusive Tutelage

 

66