UBS02 – Kids these days…
5.2k 14 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Gojima... san?"

"Hm? Oh sorry, just thinking about office stuff. If there is anyone apologizing it should be me," Gojima bowed, "I was thinking about some pending work while walking and then bumped into you, how silly of me. Please excuse me." He swiftly moved out of the way and started walking. He would deal with these problems later on. His first priority should be to get adjusted to his new life.

 


 

'The weather is kinda nice today...'
Gojima was walking with a steady pace towards his workplace. Ubs was generous enough to provide with a map of the Sakuragumi town, the town where he will live from now on. It was a little weird to see a floating screen with a GPS like map, which for some reason had all the pharmacies and love hotels and other... publicly hidden places marked out.

'Ubs, can't you show more about marketplaces or restaurants? Those are the informations I am more interested in.'

You do remember what kind of system I am, right?

'...Yeah, I know. But what if I want to... say woo a lady by taking her to a date, or try to cook something for her?'

Hm... that's not entirely... implausible. Let me run the check... oh. Sorry, I cannot download the information as I am not a dating system. They are considered unnecessary information for me.

'Unnecessary? Why?! Also... what do mean by download the info? Are there other systems? Do you have some higher authority to obey? Some hyperdimensional server you're connected to? Is this world a simulation?!!'

Well, I can only answer your first question. As for why it is unnecessary, its because you do not need to go through any roundabout way to seduce a girl. Ugly as you are, no girl will be able to resist you once they experience your magnam do-

Ubs coudn't complete its sentence because Gojima punched right through its screen.

"Kyaa!" Somebody shouted.

"Mi chan! Are you all right?! O-oi, w-what are you t-t-t-trying to do to M-mi chan?!"

Gojima saw a little girl sitting on her knees, tears in her eyes. Another... girl that he almost mistook for a boy. was shielding her with her arms spread and legs shaking, clearly afraid of him.

"...Sorry kids. I just... saw a boxing match yesterday and I couldn't help but throw a punch. Sorry for scaring you girls, okay?" He gave the girls a calming smile.

The tomboy girl's knees now gave in due to relief. She also had tears in her eyes but she was suppressing it by gritting her teeth.

'Damn it... its all because of you damn box! What do I do now?! People are already giving me weird looks. I better deescalate the situation.'

He patted the first girl's head, despite the protests of the tomboy. "Sorry ojou chan, for scaring you. Sometimes you copy things you like very much without thinking about the people around you. I did not mean to scare you. Mi chan right? Now tell me Mi chan, is there some TV show you like?"

"Hic... Magical Girl Utena chan..." the girl said sniffing. 'I knew the answer was going to be something like that. I guess the hobbies of girls her age are similar no matter which world.' "T-then, do you like to dance like... Utena chan?" The girl took the bait.

"Hum!" The girl instantly stood up with a bright smile and immediately started doing the opening dance of that magical girl show. After she finished, the other people around her started clapping and cooing with warmth in their eyes. The girl started squirming and hid behind her friend.

'Damn thats cute!' Gojima wasn't the only one who thought that.

"See Mi chan, its completely okay to do something you like and forget about others. But sometimes you can hurt or scare others right? Guess we both have a lesson to learn from here, right?"

"Hm!" the girl now had a bright smile.

"Good girl!" he patted her head again.

'Now what about the other girl...' The tomboy kid had less hostility in her eyes, but was still weary of him. Gojima went for another headpat.

"D-don't pat my head you big ogre!" the girl shouted. 'This cheeky brat...' He started to ruffle her hair more roughly. "Wha-stop it!"

"You surely are a brave kid you know? It was really heroic of you to jump in front of her. Always protect the people you care for okay?" Gojima suppresed the bitter feeling and regret inside him. Now is not the time to think about them. "You get it, kiddo?"

"...ri."

"Hm?"

"I said Ruri! Don't call me a kid, I have a name!" the girl shouted blushing.

"Okay then Ruri chan, always continue to protect your friends like that okay?"

"Hmph! You don't have to tell me that."

'This brat... hm? Ruri?'

Already met another one huh? Don't worry, I won't open her info screen. I already know your reaction~

"...W-well then, off to school kids. Try not to be late, okay?"

"B-bye bye..." Mi chan said shyly. Ruri just bleh'd her tongue out, grabbed the other girl's hand and started running.

"Children sure are energetic right?" Gojima looked at his right and found an old lady kindly smiling at him.

"Well, if they are not energetic at this age then there is something really wrong with the society." Gojima replied.

"Then I can be assured that the society has a bright future ufufu... of course since there are fine men like you are here. Your wife must be a very happy woman."

"W-well, um... I'm not married yet..." Not the Gojima of this world at least.

"Oh my! What are the young girls of our country doing?!! They really got spoiled by those scrawny pretty boys they are so infatuated with-"

"Um Baa san, I would love to speak with you but I need to attend to my work so um... be careful on your road okay?" He hurried away.

"Ufufu of course! Aw such a fine young man. Only if my daughter waited for one more year..."

 

I just noticed that I have a really bad habit of starting almost every conversation with 'Well', even in real life. I really need to work on that.

119