UBS06 – Take a Break
4.5k 8 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Umm... too bright..."

Gojima woke up the next day thanks to the sun rays that came through the window. The curtains... were wide open. He wanted to close them but his whole body was aching.

'Dammit Ubs... how much longer do I have to bear this?'

Good morning Gojima. The dinner you had last night was really nutritional and balanced which boosted your recovery by 11%. You would recover completely within 16 more hours. So just bear it for today.

'Ugh... 16 more hours huh. Guess I'll close the curtains and then sleep.'

Gojima used all his might to move his body, close the curtain and then went back to sleep again. He'll have to give up on office for today. He had already informed the principal so it's okay.

Time to sleep again.

 


 

Ring Ring.

'Hm? Someone's ringing the door bell.'

Gojima reluctantly went to the door.

"Who is it?" He peeked by opening the door a little, without opening the lock.

"Gojima san! It's me, Hanazono Sayuri!"

"Hanazono san? What brings you here?"

"Were you asleep? I am extremely sorry for waking you up!" She bowed.

"No, its alright. I slept too much anyway."

"Actually, mama cooked some extra food for breakfast and she wanted to give them to you."

"That's... very kind of her." He unlocked the door. "Please give her my thanks. I will always be grateful for her help."

"Sure! Once again, I'm extremely so-?!!" She was bowing again but froze midway.

"...Hanazono san? Is everything alright?"

"Eh? Ah, yeah! E-everything's alright! N-nothing wrong with you, nothing wrong with me!!!" Her eyes were wandering all over. "I-i'll excuse myself then!!!" She finally ran away with a tomato red face.

'What's with her all on a sudden?'

Why don't you take a look between your thighs?

'Hm? Ah.'

Morning wood.

A natural thing for guys. But what he saw was not natural at all. Once again he was reminded of what sort of dangerous weapon he was carrying around.

And... now he started to feel embarrassed.

So you finally took your first step towards conquering her. How long before she knocks on your door wearing sexy lingerie?

"...Shut up." Damn, he imagined it for a moment.

'Well, at least I won't have to worry about breakfast anymore. Should I just laze around for the rest of the day? Yeah, let's do that.'

 


 

"Are, Baa san?"

"How does you body feel now, Ken chan? Can I call you Ken chan?"

"Yes of course! I feel almost recovered. I think I will completely recover after 9 more hours."

"Wow... that's quite a... specific duration."

"A-haha-haha..."

There wasn't anything special about her visit. She just wanted to check on him and also provide him the lunch while at it. Her daughter had some important work so she couldn't bring it herself. Which was good, because Gojima was a little embarrassed about the morning incident. Baa san looked curiously amused but didn't pry further.

It was really awkward to accept so much help from them. Gojima decided to gift the mother daughter duo something good for helping him out so far. Maybe invite them over for the dinner? He still hadn't used the things he bought from the convenience store. 'Yeah, let's do that.'

 


 

It was 5 pm in the afternoon.

Gojima stood in front of the kitchen. He was feeling a lot better now. His body had recovered enough to be able to do normal household work. According to Ubs' analysis, Baa san's lunch had some... medicinal ingredients that boosted his recovery up to 17%, which was amazing if you think about it. He really needed to thank them.

'Well then, what exactly should I cook for them? Maybe I should ask them if they are allergic to something? But what if they refuse due to my condition?'

Several minutes later, Gojima decided to simply go invite them for dinner. He just rang the door bell.

Hanazono san opened the door.

"Good afternoon, Hanazono sa-"

BAM!
Hanazono san shut the door closed. Then she opened it three seconds later.

"Are, Gojima san! Sorry I was a little surprised to see you. How are you feeling right now?"

"...I am feeling much better, thanks to you two."

"Oh it's nothing! Ah, where are my manners! Please come inside!"

You heard the lady. She wants you to come inside. As a man, you shouldn't refuse her you know~'

Shut up Ubs.'

"Are Ken chan? Why are you standing on the door like a stranger? Sayuri, bring him inside!"

"You heard her." Hanazono san said smilingly.

"Then, I'll apologize for the intrusion."

 


"I... actually wanted to invite you for dinner."

"Oh my!"
"Wouldn't that be hard for you?"

"No, I have recovered enough to do ordinary household works. Also, I wanted to thank you for the breakfast and lunch."

"But-"
"My, how thoughtful Ken chan! We'll gladly accept! Right, Sa yu ri?"
"...Yes. Please don't overdo yourself, okay?"

"Rest assured, I won't. Is there something your family members are allergic to?"

"Nothing like that comes to mind..."

"Then that's good. Can your husband also join us for the dinner?"

"...No, he said that he won't arrive until tomorrow afternoon..." Hanazono san's expression became melancholic. Baa san's frown was back.

Oh no, family drama incoming. Gojima had no intention of getting involved in this. He started thinking about how to deter the conversation. At that time, someone violently rang the door bell.

"Sayuri san!!! We've come to play!!!!" Some child shouted.
"R-ruri chan! You shouldn't shout like that!"
Hey... those voices...

 


 

"Haah?!! Why is the ogre here?!!"
"R-ruri chan?!"

"Ruri chan, you shouldn't call someone like that." Hanazono san lectured her. Ruri made a sour face, then looked at Gojima and bleh'd. Miki, the other girl shyly greeted him.

But Gojima never felt angry at her. Sachi... also used to be the same.

Gojima shook his head. No, not now.

"Ken chan, is everything alright?"

"Yes Baa san, everything's fine."

"Gojima san, I apologize on their behalf. They live upstairs and..."

"Oh, I didn't mind anything. They hang out here often then? I don't remember seeing them around though..."

"Eh? You didn't? That's surprising though. Oh, they usually come here around this time of the day. You are probably busy with your work at this time, right?"

"That is correct. And I usually go... out of town on Sundays. So that's why probably." Damn the original one. He is... gone but left a lot of trouble for Gojima to solve. He hoped they don't ask him about what he did on the weekend.

"Ara, out of town? May I ask what do you usually do on weekends?"

Damn.

"Ah... fishing and stuff? Ahaha..."

"Sensei?"

Hm? The kids just entered the apartment so Hanazono san did not close the door yet. Outside a girl with neatly tied and clipped hairs and glasses was standing with a bag in her hand. She looked like she was leaving but suddenly turned her head and noticed him.

"Hanasato?" Why was she here?

110