UBS11 – Goofs, Airheads and Tomboys
3.8k 14 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Damn that Principal!"

Gojima cursed the Principal of the school, who was hell bent on getting his name as well as the school's name in the Guinness Book, while approaching the classroom door.

You cannot really blame him you know? No one will allow such a golden chance of getting down in history, or at least free publicity, to go away. Just imagine how much he can brag in front of the other schools.

"And what exactly do I get out of this?"

You can claim for a raise? You are the golden goose now after all?

Gojima was about to open the door but he froze for two seconds, as if he were seriously considering it. Then he opened the door regardless.

"Rise! Bow!"

Gojima stood in front of his students and looked at them. More than half of them were smirking.

"How is your health now Sensei?" Hanasato asked.

"I am quite fine now, thank you. It seems like my absence caused a lot of inconvenience. I humbly apologize for that."

"N-no no, its fine Sensei!" Hanasato quickly said while waving her hands, "Nobody blames you for anything!"

"That's right, GS!"
"Yeah GS! No one is blaming you! In fact, you saved us all by giving us another good idea!!"
"GS, don't mind!"
"Don't mind GS!!!"
The students replied heartily. But then they felt the room temperature dropping.

"...Care to elaborate what GS means?" Gojima said with an icy voice, which froze almost everyone.

Almost everyone. One of the more oblivious ones, surnamed Ishigami, said nonchalantly.

"Oh that's obviously means Go-fu!!!" He suddenly stopped, as if someone punched him in the guts, or kicked hardly in the leg.

"It is the short form of Gojima Sensei, GS." replied Satou in his stead with a charming good kid smile on his face. As expected of Satou, you can always count on him to read the atmosphere and act accordingly.

"I see. GS means Gojima Sensei then. Well, I hope that truly is the case." Gojima said with a smile on his face.

But his eyes weren't smiling.

"Or else you will have a really hard time surviving the next career counselling with parents."

Everyone shuddered.

 


 

Career counseling, where parents will also be invited. What a scary thing. It would be a shame if the  teacher accidentally slipped some... unpleasant news that necessiated a heart-to-heart parent-child conversation.

Thus, everyone decided to not call him GS anymore, at least not in front of him. Was it abuse of his power to threaten his students like that? Maybe it was. But was it necessary? In Gojima's own opinion, absolutely.

However, not everyone could be threatened in the same way. Especially those who were not students of his homeroom class. Like the girl standing in front of him.

Ichinose Kotoko, the captain and ace of the female track and field club. Athletic figure, short hair, healthy tan and a beaming smile on her face. She also had sparkling eyes, which Gojima found really unsettling for some reason. She is really popular amongst the students, but she could not manage to become one of the SFs. There is only one reason.

Her terrible grades.

Kawashima, for all her... bitchy attitude, has a number of modeling contracts and does maintain a good grade, earning her the last position of the SF.

"Do you know why I called you here?"

"No!" The girl replied cheerfully.

"...Its about the form you submitted."

"Oh! The Mystery Room! Wouldn't that be awesome?! We only do some bland trophy showcasing each year, so we decided to do something exciting this time!! It's going to be a total hit, you just wait!!!"

"...Did you really think it could get authorized by the StuCo?"

"Hm? It can't? Is there something wrong with it, Godspeed sensei?"

"...Its Gojima sensei." Gojima replied menacingly.

"Eeek! Godspeed has been possessed by the Ice Queen!" Ichinose shouted.

"What do you actually mean by that, Ichinose san?" came an icy voice from her behind. She shrieked again.

"Alright that's enough shrieking. Now tell me, Ichinose."
"Y-yes! Go-jima sensei!"

"...Where is the possible equipment list and budget planning? Also, the application for food inspection?"

"Eh?" Ichinose had a dumb look on her face.

"You need to provide an estimated list of the equipments you will be using. If some of the equipments match with the stored props, they will be given to you. The rest you will have to buy, which will be from the budget allocated to you. Also, you mentioned cookies baked by you girls as prizes. Any edible stuff must get authorization from the food and hygiene committee. You also need to apply for that. So far, you have only submitted a room application with the only criteria being the largest room in the whole school. You need to be more specific than that."

'Hmm... I am not supposed to know much about these things... must be from the original's memories. How convenie- wait, am I seeing things or is there steam coming out of her head?!'

"Ichinose, you okay?"
"Afu~"

Gojima sighed. This was hopeless.

Thus, he spent the rest of his free time help Ichinose come up with a passable application.

 


 

"Im home~"
"Welcome back!"

Ruri, after her long day of booooring school, finally returned home. Finally! She can't wait to read the book she got from Takeshi!

"I have filled the bathtub. Go take a bath."
"Geh!"

Her uncle, to be exact her mother's younger brother, poured water over her excitement. Ah well, bath is important. She was a growing girl! Even though many people sometimes forgot that she was one, due to her tomboyish attitude.

The book Ruri got from Takeshi, his schoolmate, was on mysteries and puzzles. She had always liked these kinds of stuff. Mysteries, puzzles, scavenger hunting, ghost legends, detective dramas and such. She was mentally much more mature than Mi-chan, who still watched those childish Magical Girl shows! Can you believe that?

Mysteries, puzzles - they are beautiful. If you have keen eyes, you can find them everywhere. Like how Yui chan's candies regularly went missing, or how people would suddenly see a white clothed woman in the nearby park within 6 to 7 o'clock. Or the huge ogre that lives downstairs. He totally looks like those perverts you read about in crime novels. Even his own uncle was a mystery to her. How the hell does he manage to see anything, let alone walk with his front hair covering both of his eyes? He does not even bother to cut off his bangs. Ruri hasn't seen his eyes since both of her parents died in a car accident two years ago. Did they change in color or something? Does he use uh... 'echolotion' for movement?...She got the spelling wrong, didn't she?

See, there is always a mystery. You just need the eyes to look out for.

103