Ch2 [Luwen Gardner-“A life of a simple dream”]
164 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch2 [Luwen Gardner- “A life of a simple dream”]

« Loen Kingdom, Awwa County, Tingen City

April 23rd, 1349 of the Fifth Epoch–

Again...

I, Luwen Gardner had encountered a bad dream... As usual.

From the moment that I woke up, I haven't even look at the mirror, I am assured that I gained a dark circles under my eyes.

Sixteen years old, going seventeen on May 12th. At the young age, I am assured that I look older than my current age.

The good news, my immature 13 year old face would definitely look older because of the dark circles and my tired appearance.

There are certain benefits in having a nightmare... But I am definitely not happy in trying to lived a life of normalcy riddled with dreams and occasional nightmares – dreams that I can't remember....

I am normally well spoken and mindful of my manners... but curse whoever responsible for my current situation!!

16 years, going seventeen. I am trying to lived a normal life as my ailment had no cure, doctors, specialist and even people who dabbled with occults– my family has searched different people for those years of my life but none of them had managed to solved my problem.

My family have given up, as I am. Now, I have been continuing in living my life in normalcy everyday.

Slightly above average looks that was pleasant to the eyes, lacking in height and a face that would mistaken me as a 13 year old– I am 16!! With a loving family of parents and siblings.

Living in a 2 floor house– wide and spacious for a family of 5. A family of middle class status. A Father who was an accountant in the bank of Tingen City and a Mother who worked as a cook in a known restaurant. A Brother who was currently a new professor at the University of Backlund in the Capital of Loen Kingdom. And finally, a big sister who was a 4th year university student in Tingen University.

I, Luwen Gardner... A sixteen year old, going seventeen soon on May 12th. A first year student of Khoy University in history department. Known as a genius and a good student by some people, are...  Extremely Satisfied by my life!! Just you wait future, three more years!  Passing the test, the defense and interview! I can definitely see the future! As Emperor Roselle have said “ The Future is in our hands!”

Hmmmm... does the “Reach for the stars!” quote of Emperor Roselle are better or more appropriate?   »

Luwen sighed as he closed his journal. He started cracking the fingers of his hands and close the bottle of ink and placed the feather quill on the side of the table.

Arranging his crumbled clothes, and combing his messy and wet black hair, Luwen walk towards the mirror and glance at his reflection.

A black haired young man with silky black hair and striking deep blue eyes. He looks neat and clean. With a smile on his face, the young man look so pleasant and adorable. It would want the people, specially the mothers and elderlies to pinch the cheeks of the young man and coo at him.

Luwen grimace at the thought, his face turning ugly at the horrible image.

Elderlies and Mothers, he would definitely cover his head with hat!

In that way, he wouldn't be noticed and have his cheeks pinched. As he leave on his room, and going down on the stairs, Luwen immediately made his way to the kitchen.

His father sat on a wooden chair with some floral carvings just like the other chair beside the wooden table. Holding a newspaper on his right hand and holding a spoon on his left hand, Luwen smiled and greeted his father.

" Good morning, Father. "

His father striking deep blue eyes glance at him for a moment before returning on reading the newspaper. Luwen sat on the chair, His Mother smiled at him as she remove her mittens.

" Good morning, Wen. "

" Good morning, Mother. "

His mother removed her apron and hang it on the side before she decided to sat beside him. She frowned at his Father.

" Richard! "

" I am near on the end part, Love. "

Instead of understanding, his mother has taken the newspaper from his hands and ripped it to pieces.

" Love! "

His Father look at his mother with a helpless look on his face.

" How many times have I said that there is no reading while eating? "

" 3456th ... Now it is 3457th. "

" Now let's pray for the Goddess. "

His mother said. All... The three of them had started praying to the  Evernight Goddess. After praying, they have eaten their breakfast quietly. A meal of brown bread loaf and soup with pieces of chicken meat on them. Luwen was satisfied with the delicious breakfast cooked by his Mother.

After the breakfast, Luwen had inquired about his Sister's whereabouts. She should be eating breakfast with them.

" Amantha are already in Tingen University. She is quite nervous at their upcoming graduation defense. She and her classmates are having a meeting again for their plans and preparations on their defense day. "

His father said while fixing his glasses. His hands are making a grabby motions–a sign of missing the newspaper. Luwen's father has a strange quirk, his mother called it as a disease.

A reader's disease.

His father, when reading, are completely focused. When reading, he definitely needed to read all and any outside interference are null to his tunnel reading vision.

Destroying the Literacy would help in alleviating the ailment as his mother have said. Thankfully finishing on reading a topic or a chapter is helpful or else... If his Father needed to read a whole book for his reader's disease, it would definitely be a big big waste!

Even they can afford buying quite a lot of books, their wealth would definitely took a downturn. Just imagining his mother ripping the books and his father suffering are a tragic yet a funny scene.

Leaving the house, with his Mother and Father, they asked him if he needed them to accompany him to Khoy University. Luwen shook his head. They bid their farewell to each other and took carriages that was going in separate directions on each other.

Later, Luwen arrived at the front  of the Khoy University.

Smiling and holding a few books in his hands, Luwen stared at the Khoy University and walk inside.

He has a feeling that today would be a good day. 

3