Ch3 [Luwen Gardner -” A cowardly and timid personality are a positive trait?”]
127 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch3 [Luwen Gardner–“A cowardly and timid personality are a positive trait?”]

Luwen yawned and stretched his leg as he heard the bell rang. His classmates perked up on their seats as they heard the familiar sound– the signal of the end of the class.

" Class dismiss. "

Their old professor said before he started packing up his materials and leave the podium. After their professor had left the classroom, some of them have stand up and also left the classroom while the others had been left behind and decided to talk to each other.

Luwen left the classroom with him bringing his notes and books on his hands. As he walk towards the hallways and corridors, some students glance at him. Luwen tightened his hold on the books and notes. He averted his eyes at them and hurriedly fastened his pace in walking.

Luwen arrived later on a few distance away from the infrastructures of the Khoy University. Trees, trimmed grasses and shrubs are all around him. Luwen lay under one of the trees. He leaned his back on the sturdy wood and opened his book.

Luwen look at the History Department in the distance and sighed. He was certain, that he was safe in his usual hiding place. There is no way that his classmates and the other first year students would manage to find him in this place. He has already spent his few months hiding in this place after all.

Luwen tightened his hold on his books and notes further. His notes and his self would be safe from his classmates. He wouldn't be mobbed by his classmates. There are no pleading or helping them and lending his notes as long as he is here in his secret place.

As he look up from the leaves of the tree above him, Luwen saw a cobwebs and spider. He frowned at them feeling uneasy. Luwen tried to ease the uncomfortable feeling within him.

Spiders and cobwebs, not just them. Dark places, narrow spaces, crowded areas, mentions of someone dying, butchering and culling at the market, insects, being alone in a wide space and many many other things. All of those situations, always made Luwen uncomfortable and uneasy.

It was no wonder that from his childhood and until now, some people teased him because of his timid and cowardly personality.

Luwen glance at his surroundings. He saw a thin long branch on the patch of grass. He walked towards it and picked the branch. Going back under the tree, he used the branch to destroy the cobweb.

Upon the process of destroying the cobweb, the spider had landed on his face.

" AHHHH!! "

Luwen screamed in fear.

" No! Get it off! Get it off! "

He exclaimed as he brought his hands to his face but he was afraid of using his hands on removing the spider that was above his nose.

" Get out of my face will you?! "

Luwen shouted fearfully. His heart was beating fast in fear and shock.

" Get off! "

Luwen can feel his eyes threatening to start spilling tears. He started on his running, tripping, walking and stumbling on random directions.

As he panic and scampered, Luwen didn't notice that he was already near on the history department.

Three people glance at him curiously and approached him. Two of them are male while the third one was a female.

" Luwen? " The female one muttered loudly.

Luwen heard her and glance at their direction.

" Senior Naya! "

He exclaimed and look at them pleadingly and pointed on his nose.

" We can clearly see your current predicament. " One of the male– The taller one had said and smiled.

The other male approached Luwen and used his finger to remove the spider on Luwen's nose and throw the spider to the ground.

Luwen sighed in relief while unconsciously rubbing his chest to calm his anxiously fast beating heart. He gasped for breath and and it took for a few minutes for him to calm down.

" Senior McGovern, Senior Moretti, I am thankful for you on helping me on my ... predicament. "

Luwen said to his seniors. Now that there is no spider on his face anymore, he feel embarrassed for his Seniors to witness his shameful situation.

" We are glad that we helped you in your predicament, Luwen. "

Naya said to him. She look at his messy clothes and hair. Leaves, dust and grime are all over his body. Luwen look so pitiful that she decided to over his handkerchief to him.

" Use it to wipe your face. "

She said at him. Luwen look at her white handkerchief and feel reluctant to accept her offer of help.

" Accept it. " Welch said beside Klein as they look at Luwen.

" But Senior McGovern... " Luwen felt really embarrassed and reluctant. He just wanted to bid them goodbye and run away after he thanked them.

" Luwen, just do what Welch have said. You're face are covered with dirt and dust. " Klein stared at his junior associate for a few seconds. " Your body is in much more worse condition.... I am certain that all of your classes had already ended. Why are you still here at the Khoy University? "

" That..." Luwen trailed off. Naya offered her handkerchief and glancing at his three seniors, he reluctantly accept the handkerchief to wipe the dirt and dust on his face.

After cleaning his face and staring at the dirty piece of fabric, Luwen explained his situation.

Most of the students are aware of his situation and reputation as timid and fearful. The three can only shake their heads at their junior's unfortunate situation. Despite being known as a genius and very intelligent student at the age of sixteen, Luwen Gardner for being known at dabbling and studying of multiple ancient languages, a learner of archaeology and a certain favorite of the history professors– For all of his merits and excellence, he was a fearful and timid young man. A little junior who was quirky and charismatic.

This certain trait of him was very endearing to the students, it was no wonder to the three of them that he was very popular to his classmates. Because of his fearful personality, it makes him approachable to his classmates and more 'human'.

When all of the students learned that they have a student studying in the Khoy University at the age of sixteen, all of them were surprised, but this emotion were more prominent at the history students. At this age of sixteen, it was normally expected that a young man of his age would be studying in the secondary school of education.

For the first few months, Luwen Gardner had been sweeping the history department. He brought pressure to all of the first year history students and the second and third year students were wary and cautious on how they would treat this genius student.

As a person of a status of middle class, the discrimination of the social status are non effective on him. The Professors had also the student Luwen Gardner under their watch and made certain that there would be no type or discrimination that would happen on the genius student.

Many students feel envious or admire Luwen Gardner for his intelligence and hard work. Because of this reputation, it made him unapproachable and distant to many students. Until a few months, and his true personality was revealed to everyone.

Fearful, Anxious, Timid and Cowardly–whatever you may call them, it made him feel more human.

" Ah! " Luwen exclaimed. " I forgot! "

" Forgot? " Naya asked curiously.

" My books and notes. " Luwen explained to them. Anxious and worried, he hurriedly bid his farewell to them.

" Thank you, Seniors! "

3