Ch4 [Luwen Gardner–“Languages of lies and deception”]
106 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch4 [Luwen Gardner-“Languages of lies and deception”]

The next days, on the day of April 28th 1349, in the library of the Khoy University– Luwen sighed as he didn't manage to find the books that he needed.

Since the days that he arrived at the Khoy University, Luwen had been dabbling and studying to learn different languages. Modern or Ancient, he has the desire to learn all of them.

It could be said that just like his Father, Luwen has a learning disease. The same could also be said for his brother and sister. His sister have once jokingly said to them, that for a person to be called a Gardner, they needed to be afflicted with a learning disease first.

His father with his reader's disease, who needed to finish to read a certain topic or chapter of a book, story or any kind of literacy.

His brother who become a professor in backlund university because of his spreading knowledge disease, where he would always talk about all of the knowledge that he learned and talk and talk and talk– which was totally endless until you shut off his mouth.

Luwen hoped that his brother was happy in being a professor in the backlund and he can certainly imagine the poor university students suffering under the mouth of his brother.

Next was his Sister that have a 're checking disease' where she would always check the knowledge that she learned was totally correct. She would always find several books and reference them to each other.

And finally, there was him who has a  translation disease. He has an obsession to understand every foreign words and languages. This affliction started once in his childhood when his Father and Mother told him the legend of the creation of the world. He can't understand some words and started to question his parents on what they meant. But his parents can't tell to him what those words means as they are also unknown to them. Since then, Luwen's obsession in unknown words and languages started.

Their family, are eccentric for some people. But for them, it was a normal behavior which was quite annoying and unhelpful in certain situations.

" Dutanese...dutanese.... dutanese...there is no Ancient Feysac.. I can't find the Hermes language either.. "

Luwen muttered to himself as he look at the title of the books in the Language section. The more farther and farther that Luwen went onto his findings of the said books, the more and more his face was covered in a frown. Later, Luwen sighed in defeat.  He can't find any books that has any relation to those three languages either. He look around the library and decided that maybe he can ask the Librarian on where he can find  for any books that has to do with those languages or was related to them.

As Luwen walks towards the Librarian's desk and ask her, Luwen was disappointed.

" I'm sorry Mr. Gardner but we don't possess any books about those three languages or any literature works that was related to them. "

" Ms.Librarian, do you think you can ask the other libraries here in Tingen? "

" Well...I am certain that any libraries here in the Tingen didn't possess any literature works that was related to those three languages. "

Luwen sighed. He was too hopeful that the Librarian would solve his problem.

" I see. "

Luwen said in disappointment.

" Then I wouldn't bother your time anymore, Ms.Librarian. "

" No, I am glad to help you Mr.Gardner. It's a pity that you didn't find the books that you are searching for. Anyway, how was your study of Feysac and Intis language? "

" It is going well, Ms. Librarian. I can understand the words and even if someone from the Feysac Kingdom or Intis Republic, I am certain that I would understand what they are saying. Through, I am still having a trouble on how would I speak them..."

The Librarian look at Luwen surprised. She didn't expect that this genius student would already have a good grasp of those two languages. She was certain that if those students from the Language and Archaeology Department heard him, they would be jealous of his learning talent.

" Then, I wouldn't bother you anymore, Mr.Gardner. If you need something again, you're always welcome to come here. "

" Thank you, Ms.Librarian. "

Luwen bowed his head slightly towards the kind and nice Ms.Librarian. He bid his farewell to her and she smiled. As Luwen exited on the door of the library,  Ms.Librarian's smiled widened further.

" Such a nice and obedient genius little student. "

She muttered to herself. Under the desk of Ms.Librarian, her hand reached for something. Few moments,  many books were already placed above the desk.

" Would it be alright if we haven't allowed him to learn those three languages? "

She muttered distractedly as if she was asking someone. Her eyes immediately sweep upwards towards the ceiling where a cobweb of spider can be seen.

" Hmm..well you're right. The Institute are a better for place for him to learn isn't it? "

Ms. Librarian caress the books with great care like she was treating it as something precious like a lover.

" The deadline is already near, aren't you excited to meet him? "

She said as she reached another object under her desk. Her smile brightened as she look at the white blank mask.

" A big surprise is waiting for him. I can't wait to welcome him... I am certain that the Archivist is the one who was looking forward the most in welcoming him in the institute. "

The librarian said as she wear the white mask on her face.

" I want to watch him more...I know that it was the Archivist job to watch everything.. can't you let me play more in this body? Ah.. you're right..right..I can't certainly let that guy discover me..ugh.. the creepy monocle bastard...okay, okay I would stop playing with the poor Ms.Librarian.. wait, wait, there is someone coming.... I just want to play for a few more minutes and I would manage my rampaging circus. "

She said before arranging the books and mask again under her desk. A person entered the Library. He has bronze skin, average height and build. He has a black hair and brown eyes. Overall, the man has a gentle facial features. As he stepped towards her, 'Ms. Librarian' smiled ready to play her role as a kind and caring Librarian.

" Good day, Professor Azik. How may I able to help you? What kind of books do you need professor? "

2