Ch12 [Magnus Institute-“The pathway to the world of madness”]
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch12 [Magnus Institute– “The pathway to the world of madness”]

«Beyonders. Creatures who have consumed potions from exotic materials. Beyonders gain powers from specific potions and endure the following side effects that happens when you consume the potion.

When a beyonder succumb to the side effects and loss control, they would turn into monsters. »

Luwen immediately close the book. He caress the book with his fingers. His mind was brewing with complicated emotions.

Is it worth it, to become a beyonder? To thread upon that path that was filled with madness... was the path worth risking yourself and your own life?

Inside his room at the Magnus Institute, Luwen sat on the chair quiet and solemn. Supernatural and Beyonders. Luwen doesn't have a good impression on them. From his experience and from the lessons that he learned from the head archivist.

To become a beyonder, he need to thread the path of madness and step upon the dark side of this world. For what he gained, there are many things that can be loss and taken away from him.

Luwen crookedly smiled. From the pocket of his pants, he took out the object that started his thoughts of becoming a beyonder.

He stared at the tower card before placing it on the small brown rectangular table.

After encountering Mr.Michael, the Avatar of the Spiral, Luwen was distracted by the thoughts of becoming a beyonder.

The next days, his days at the Magnus Institute continued as usual. Being taught by the Head Archivist himself and sorting and placing the books in the Archives. Still, the thoughts of becoming a beyonder hasn't left him. It occupied his thoughts.

Becoming a beyonder is dangerous. He may lose his life if he become one of them. Luwen was a coward. Since childhood, he was easily frightened by a lot of things. Timid and easily scared. Now, after his parents and siblings died, he was still the same cowardly person. There are thoughts of revenge on him, but he was filled with pessimistic thoughts. Thoughts of revenge, but his mind was saying that they are too strong and he was so useless.

Most of the days, he spent his time drowning in loss and grief. A passive person who can only shrank in fear.

Now, in becoming a beyonder, he was also having a second thoughts. Saying in his mind that it was impossible. He would loss himself if he step forward toward the world of beyonders. He was too weak willed and too fearful.

Is that the reason why did the Avatars brought him to the institute? Luwen pessimistically thought to himself. He gathered his thoughts and sighed in defeat.

Raising his head and glancing to the side, he saw his reflection on the mirror.

" I... am really the worst..  what would they thought if they saw my current state now? "

Dull blue eyes stared back at him.

Since he was just an empty shell right now, what would he loss if he step toward the world of beyonders? There was a saying that it was better to try than to regret later...

If he step up, maybe he can gain something from the world of beyonders.

" Regain what I loss. "

Would it be possible? Beyonders, are the pathways to become a divine. Beyonders are different from ordinary people. They can do anything. They are powerful and possess extraordinary abilities and skills. They are far from ordinary human.

Thinking of the abilities of the Avatars as they killed the people in train, Luwen's crazy idea are starting to manifest.

" If I become a beyonder, I can do anything that I want. "

On the reflection, the young man smiled. It was horrible and filled with desperation.

" Would it be possible? "

The dull blue eyes regained their brightness. Brightness that was wrong and wasn't what they used to be.

" What was there to loss? this is just an empty shell after all...even if I may lose my life, at least I tried didn't I? "

Luwen grinned as tears started to fall in his eyes. He feel happy he found a new purpose. He would step forward toward the world of beyonders and do the impossible.

..............................

A sigh came out of the eye as he stared at the happenings on his home.
The head archivist stared at the person who was smiling gently in front of him.

" You have confused his mind. "

Michael's mismatched eyes narrowed.

" I have just speed up the progress. He was too passive, it would take a lot of time before he decided to become a beyonder. "

" You are correct in that aspect. " Hayden said as a tape recorder appeared in his hands. " But, he was currently unstable. "

" And whose fault it is, when you have just let them kill and do what they want on the train? "

" I have thought that web would done his job. "

" He invited the others. "

" Apparently, yes. It is regretful. " Hayden said as he stared at one of his counterparts.

" You could have watched them. " Michael snatched the tape recorder.

" I couldn't do that. I would be discovered. We don't want trouble aren't we? This isn't a proper time to reveal ourselves again. "

" What's the difference between today and the future? It's the same. They are just a part of the time. "

Hayden smiled while listening to Michael. " Please Mr.Michael don't mention that word. "

" Still, traumatized by that guy? You are just like Mr.Luwen in that aspect. "

" If you are in my shoes, you would be affected by that guy. It isn't bad that we have some similarities isn't? "

Michael hummed. " Since looks like we haven't much topic to discuss, can I go now? I still need to attend on the meeting between the members of the Psychology Alchemist. "

Hayden frowned. " Why did you join on that organization? If you are discovered it wouldn't be our fault. "

" Their taste of fear are exactly my taste. Can I go now, Head Archivist? "

Michael stand up and returned the cassette tape to Hayden.

" I still need your answers. "

" What is it? "

" What card did he choose? "

" Your the eye, shouldn't you have already seen it? "

At the question, Hayden can feel his patience diminishing.

" Remember that you are distorting my vision everytime that you arrived here in the Institute, Mr.Michael? "

" Ah, I apologize that I forgot. "

" Infuriating. "

Michael took out something from his pocket. It was a thick and long lace. He used it and tie the lace to block his eyes. Michael smiled and said.

" He have chosen the Tower. "

" I see. So he was fated for that one. " Hayden frowned.

" Good choice isn't it? "

" So, it is the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. "

" At least it is better than pulling the cards of the Fool, Magician or Error. "

Hayden nodded his head and still frowning. " Thankfully, with the card that he choose, he wouldn't collide with the fate of the world. "

" And we wouldn't encounter that guy and the son of heaven isn't it? We would just remain as a spectators by the end of this world. At that time, our fears are enough to pull the Magnus Archives. " Michael said as he leaves the room leaving Hayden alone and pondering.

" Return home... " Hayden sighed. " All of our– my actions and your future actions are necessary, Mr.Gardner. "

2