Ch13 [Magnus Institute-“Qualification to become a beyonder”]
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch13 [Magnus Institute– “Qualification to become a beyonder”]

Two person sat on the chair while facing each other. Luwen place his fork on the now clean plate and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief.

" The Food is delicious as always, Mr.Miller. "

" I'm glad that you have like the food, Mr. Gardner. "

Hayden smiled and glance at Luwen. He was currently reading a book and flipped it to the next page. Casually, He said.

" The name of the food is spaghetti. "

" Spaghetti? "

Luwen inquired. Hayden just flipped again the book to the next page and didn't answer. Knowing that his question wouldn't be answered, Luwen didn't bother asking the question again.

Silence reigned once more in Luwen's room. Luwen was used to the silence everytime that he would finish eating his meals with the head archivist accompanying him while eating. It was really unusual. The attention that the head archivist would have on him.

The Head Archivist. Luwen doesn't understand him and everyone in this organization. He hated all of them. But what he felt about the head archivist was complicated. The head archivist was a familiar person to him as he was the one who most spent the time with him. He taught him about the world of beyonders. The Head Archivist reminded him of his professors or mentors in the Khoy University. Aside from hate, there was something isn't?

It has been pass a month since he arrived here in the institute isn't? He wondered how was the Khoy University now. What are the professor and the students are doing there. Are they alright? Luwen sighed remorsefully inside his mind. Would he able to see them again? Specially, the three seniors who he became acquainted.

Luwen glance at the head archivist. He found that the head archivist was staring back at him beneath his rectangular glasses.

" I am aware, that you have now a desire to become a beyonder. " Hayden said as he place the book on the table. " Are you certain that you wanted to thread upon the path of the supernatural? It isn't easy. The world of beyonders are pave with madness. "

Isn't he suspicious why he wanted to become a beyonder? But thinking about the Head Archivist actions, maybe he already expected that this would happen eventually.

Staring at the head archivist, Luwen sighed. He idly raise his hands and stared at them.

" I am certain Mr.Miller. You have been teaching me about the beyonders. You wanted me to become a beyonder from the start isn't?.."

Hayden didn't refuted the accusation.

" Since you are aware of my desire to become a beyonder Mr. Miller, you are aware of my... hatred. "

Luwen calmly said. He tried hard to stay calm and stare at the head archivist. Inside his mind, he was fearful and anxious of his actions. This sudden impulse to talk about this topic.... a part of his mind was doubtful of this decision but this is necessary. The Head Archivist is powerful and have an unusual ability.  He was one of the Avatars. The Avatar of the Eye. Despite Luwen not showing his hatred of them intentionally, the head archivist must already aware of it.

" Despite my hatred, why are you allowing me to become a beyonder? Aren't you afraid of my revenge? "

Luwen wanted to know the answer. For a few minutes, he waited for the answer until the head archivist started to speak.

" Admirable.... For a cowardly person like you, questioning me is admirable. " Hayden smiled. " For your question, Mr. Gardner... I am aware of your hatred. Even if you become a beyonder, you are still weak. You may have a chance if you are in the high sequence. Allowing you to become a beyonder... It was necessary to regain what you have loss. We are certain that with every sequence, you would regain it. Once, you are at the top, you would understand. As for being afraid? Your question is laughable Mr.Gardner. "

Luwen partly understand what the head archivist said. He was also partly confused.

" I have heard from Mr.Michael that you have picked up the tower card from the Major Arcana? " Hayden asked.

Luwen nodded his head.

" I think it suits you. "

" You can't just decide which pathway would I choose because of a random picking wouldn't you? " Luwen asked.

" It is Fate, Mr. Gardner. "

" I don't believe in the Evernight Goddess... Luwen frowned. "I also don't believe in Fate. " He added.

Luwen stared at the head archivist who look amused. He wondered what is amusing with what he said. Hayden says. " I also know someone who said that word once. "

Luwen frowned. He wondered if the Tower is really a good pick. The Wheel of Fortune– He doesn't believe in Fate but it was a good choice. From what he learned about it's general descriptions. But if he would choose between the reader and assassin pathway, he would instantly choose the reader pathway. Even he have a desire for revenge or become a powerful beyonder, he doesn't want to destroy his dignity as a man if possible for those two reasons!

" The reader sequence are really good for you, Mr. Gardner. Once you have a chosen a pathway, your allies and enemies are already decided. "

Aren't the reader pathway already have the God of Knowledge and Wisdom? Luwen was confused why did Mr.Miller think it was a good choice. Could it be worse for the other pathways?

" Then.... can I ask something? " Luwen hesitantly asked.

" You may. "

" Mr.Miller, what pathway did you belong? "

Under Luwen's stare, Hayden started laughing. Luwen was surprised by the sudden behavior. Mr.Miller was always calm, smiling and sometimes vague.

" Hmm...if we would compare it with the pathways... "

What does he mean by that words?

" Then, it would be the Hermit Pathway. " Hayden mysteriously smiled. " The White Tower pathway is a good choice for you. It is one of the safest pathway, even it does already have the God of Knowledge and Wisdom. Your future would be alright. "

" I see..."

" But before you become a beyonder, there's no free food in this world, let see how would you do with the task that I would assign for you. "

1