Ch15 [Magnus Institute–“Statement of Decaying Mother’s Love and Pursuit.”]
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch15 [Magnus Institute–“Statement of Decaying Mother's Love and Pursuit”]

« –Mr.Miller I am wondering what I am still doing here in your workplace. Can I go out now?

Don't you want to witness the statement, Mr.Gardner? I am certain that this will be an exquisite experience for you.

– I...

Consider this as a beneficiary experience. In the future, as a member of the Institute, you better get used to the feeling don't you, Mr.Gardner?

Good you can consider sitting down in one of the chairs, that was far away from Mrs. Winston and I. You don't wanted to be influenced by the compulsion don't you?

– Yes.

Good. Now shall we start Mrs. Winston? I am certain that you have a fresh statement that was waiting for me.

Statement of Mrs. Linda Winston, regarding the flesh hive in her house. Original Statement given June 18th 1349. Audio recording by Hayden Miller, Head Archivist of the Magnus Institute, Loen Kingdom.

Statement Begins.

-------------------------

....pain.

Pain.

It so itchy and painful. What sin did I commit to receive this punishment? Oh my goddess, am I not a devoted follower for you to forsaken me in this decaying illness?

Please saved me. Beloved Evernight Goddess!

This itch and pain...It was all over my body. But before, I am just a simple woman with a normal life. That time, even through my son and husband has passed away.....even through i feel sadness when they are gone. My life is still blissful.

No unimaginable itch and pain all over my body.

I am just a simple middle aged woman. Poor and struggling to lived my life and an ever faithful believer of the Evernight Goddess. Life in the constant city is not easy for poor people like me who lived in the depression areas. My husband has passed away from his job as a miner last year. The company had given me a compensation for the death of my husband in the mines.... Through the compensation wasn't really enough for my husband. Until now, I still miss him dearly. As for my son, he was such a sweetie you know? He was our pride with my husband. A natural Hard worker and very polite and respectful to his parents.

Before my husband passed away, our son had graduated in the Khoy University at Tingen City. After graduating, he managed to be accepted as an accountant in the bank here in the Midseashire County. We are very proud to raise him and become a fine young man.

Over the death of my husband, he was there to take care of his grieving mother. He was a very nice young man although...he was a bit of a fool. He had fallen in love with a rich young lady. And his love was never returned. From the start, I know that the ending would be a tragedy. Real life wasn't like those novels which I had fantasizing when I was a fine young woman.

A difference in social status...sigh, the young lady didn't even notice that my son was in love with her. The young lady was a regular customer in the bank. She was beautiful, lovely and appeared to be kind and nice.

My son was a lovestruck fool to her. In the end, the story is a bad ending. My son died after he proposed his feelings to the young lady.

That time I didn't know that my son had died. Before he went missing, he look so happy. One week, I was worried and anxious. Fearing for my son. In the end, the guards had manage to find my son.

His corpse was mangled when it was found. It had already shown signs of decaying and rotting. His chest has holes and worms are coming out within them. It also found that there was a ring inside his heart.

I have never seen something so heartbreaking and beautiful as my son at that time. I cried and felt an unimaginable hatred for the young lady.

She was disgusting.

Later, after my son has found dead and rotting. I heard some rumors about the young lady. On how her suitors disappeared and never seen again. ....It appears that the rumors were true.

Despite believing and hoping that the rumors were true, I wanted to find an evidence and bring justice for my son. The guards who found my son that time has immediately concluded the case and closed them. They wouldn't tell me anything. I wanted to know the truth!

I applied to become a maid in the Parker family and I am fortunate to become accepted..... fortunate enough that I was given a chance to find the truth for my son.

That night, before I officially started t serving the Parker family. I have dreamt of my son. He was saying that I need to stay away from the young lady.

I want the truth and justice for my son. I have continued with my plan.

For 11 months, I become a loyal and faithful servant of the Parker family. I heard rumors of the servants of the family not lasting for a year.

The previous servants, they resigned or has been dismissed from their jobs. Even i haven't still manage to find the truth for the death of my son... I still wanted to continue and persist.

Through I discovered some interesting things. The Parker family...It seems that they didn't believe in the Evernight Goddess or in other Religions. They didn't believe in any gods. Oh my Goddess! How could such a family exist?

Sometimes there would be officials from the church that would visit the mansion and try to convert the Parker family to become a believer of their religion. All of them always failed. Thus, continued the repeated cycle of them preaching and being rejected by Parker family.

Lately the Master and the Madam has become irritated with their visits. It became more frequent.

It was amusing to watch the proceedings. I wonder how long I would last in this job? I came later to know that just like the other servants... I haven't last pass a year.

In my official 1 year as a servant, at midnight. There was an indescribable itching in my body. After that, I was dismissed by the Parker family. I wonder what have I done wrong?

I was dismiss for not treating the young lady well. How hateful.

And now, here I am it's been 4 months since I had been dismissed as the servant of Parker family.

I can't stand up properly anymore and it looks like the people can't heard my plead for help. Even the Goddess can't hear my plead for help.

Are seeking justice for my son wrong?

---------------------

Statement Ends.

You have done a good job Mrs. Winston. No, you aren't wrong in seeking your justice. Through such method is ineffective and unfortunately you have encountered the flesh hive causing you to become infected.

– Flesh Hive?

It is an entity of corruption. Very rare and there's a small chance that you would meet the entity if you aren't connected to the institute or doesn't have any connection to the entities for the beyonders. Through, the entities loves to prey upon the normal people of this supernatural world.

- Pardon?

Looks like Prentiss hasn't manage to control all of his little pets.

– Mr.Miller what would happen to Mrs. Winston?

It's a pity that she was beyond saving anymore.

–Saved?

She was in her last moments. Mrs. Winston, don't worry.... Hmm.. I wonder if Lukas would wanted to welcome her in the Lonely or End would wanted her to play a game of faro.

–Mr.Miller can I leave now?

Mr.Gardner?

–Yes, Mr. Miller?

Congratulations on your simple task. The Flesh Hive need to be eliminated before it was discovered. The Churches has already suspected the Parker family didn't they? Through the Flesh Hive appears to be so cunning and intelligent if it can last for that long under the eyes of the church officials.

There would be a new task for the waiting for the Everchase.

Again, Congratulations Mr.Gardner. Soon, you would become a beyonder.

End Recording. »

1