Ch17 [Watcher’s Crown–“Task of the Members”]
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch17 [Watcher's Crown–“Task of the Members”]

«Loen Kingdom, Magnus Institute
June 21st 1349

Beyonder..... I have finally become a beyonder. I have made my first step. I have taken my path towards the reader's pathway which was corresponding to the Tower Card of the Major Arcana. Mr. Miller have said once that, when you have become a reader, there would be an improvement in reasoning capabilities and memory. Now, that I am a reader, from the experience, what have Mr.Miller had said was true.

There was also a sense of little bit of calmness that wasn't there before. I am officially a beyonder....I am now on the step on regaining what I have loss, but why did there was another sense of mystery that was added?

After the process of drinking the potion, I have endured the sense of paranoia, hallucinations and those murmurings and whispers on the background. But upon drinking the potion.... I manage to hear a word. A name to be exact.

Theodore Williams.... A sense of curiosity have sprouted on my mind. Somehow, I wanted to know who is that person.

Safety and Peace,
Luwen Gardner»

Sighing, Luwen returned his diary at the storage ring. He glance at the impossibly long bookshelves and the countless books that was placed on them. Various books about different categories and topics. Economics, Environment, Education, Medicine, Crafts, Arts, Literature, Cuisine, Geography, History, Religion and etc. The Magnus Institute could be said to be one of the most biggest library– Luwen wasn't certain if the knowledge of the organizations are comparable to the Magnus Institute since he hasn't been there to their locations. The Reader pathway and the Magnus Institute could be said to be well made to each other. It could also be said that the Reader Pathway is well made for him. With the use of acting method, he just need to engross on his role as a 'reader'.

For Luwen, it looks like nothing has changed on him. He was a bookworm. Reading is a part of his daily life. Even, there was a reminder from Mr.Miller that they are only acting, nothing would change on his life. Sooner or Later, he may as well advanced to become a Sequence 8 beyonder. Through, the side effects on drinking the potion would always be a problem to him. He must resist on losing control.

Breaking out of his thoughts, Luwen glance beside him. He found his senior standing and smiling.

" Senior Nicholas. " He greeted and wondered what did the Senior need on him. " Is there something that you need Senior? " He asked uncertainly.

Among the other members who was literally staying at the Magnus Institute just like him, Nicholas Anderson could be the one who was the most appeared to be normal and stable. Luwen can't find any abnormality on him unlike Senior Milka or the other Seniors who was staying here in the Institution. Luwen felt okay and there wasn't a sense of danger in Senior Nicholas presence.

" I have wanted to congratulate you Luwen....as you have finally become a beyonder. " Nicholas smiled and Luwen nodded his head slightly.

He glance at Nicholas cautiously. " Senior... Other than some simple greeting, I know that you have another matter– something that you needed to discuss with me. "

Nicholas coughed. " Well then... I guess I would be blunt. Since you have officially become a beyonder, other than being a simple book keeper here in the institute, you could say that there was a lot of job that was waiting for you. "

Luwen unconsciously clench his fist and stare at Nicholas expressionless. He was tense and wary. Seeing his reaction, Nicholas hurriedly explain the situation.

" I didn't about your circumstances on how did you get here to the point on joining the organization... But I know about your misgivings about the organization and it appears that your situation isn't... voluntary. "

If it was someone else that was talking to him, and not Senior Nicholas whom Luwen has at least a little bit of good impression, he would instantly refute the speaker and say that he wasn't just involuntarily joined the organization, he–Luwen Gardner have his family killed, become the witness of cruel and merciless mass murders and him being kidnapped by the said murderers and dragged to this accursed organization.

His life is destroyed and messed up.

" Rest assured that what happened from before was just a misunderstanding of your perception of the task that was assigned to us. "

Nicholas give Luwen a comforting smile. The latter staring at the former dubiously. Not at all convinced and moved by the reassurance. Luwen isn't blind by their dirty work.

" Usually, the proceedings of our task goes with the finding the potential people who can give the statements– people who encountered supernatural that has to do with the entities. Supernatural that has to do with the normal life of the beyonders– we wouldn't care about them. "

Luwen frowned at the explanation. He has already known the 14 avatars of the entities but he wasn't still informed by the meaning of the entities. With the days that he spent in the institution, he couldn't find any corresponding informations within the books. Unless Mr.Miller taught to him the information about the entities, he was clueless about them.

" After finding our potential targets, with the cooperation of the members, we would drag the target to the institution voluntarily or involuntarily. "

Kidnappings...

" The deeds of the watcher's crown was to help the head archivist to record the statements and satiate the hunger of the beholding. Our task, it's ... glorious and satisfying. With our hands, we can help the head archivist! " Nicholas said smiling.

" Anyway, after the target finish making their statements, their memory of the Magnus Institute and them making the statement would be erased. They would return back to their home and places. And after that, we need to do some follow up investigation regarding those manifestations of entities. After we have concluded our investigation, if those manifestations are dangerous we can cooperate to the Magnus Institute's sub organizations. Such as the Everchase Organization who usually done the killings and hunting of the said manifestations. "

Luwen listened to the lengthy explanation. It was different... from what he imagined.

" As for what happened before, it was unusual that we would encounter a dying target. It's too late that we could have done something for her. "

Nathan patted Luwen's shoulder as the latter look at him with a complicated expression on his face.

" You are fortunate enough that you have been designated here in the Institute Luwen and not on the Organization's sub organizations. At least in this place, in the Watcher's crown, you can rest assured that you would have the least dirtiest work waiting for you. "

1