Ch19 [Watcher’s Crown–“Learning and Training Self-Defense”]
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch19 [Watcher's Crown–Learning and Training Self-defense]

Thump!

Luwen's back collided with the hard and rough wall. He coughed and his face was scrunched up in pain. Luwen looks like a mess. His clothes and body are covered with grime, dust and scratches. There were some bruises in his hands, feet and face.

So much pain, Luwen wanted them to disappear. He breathed hard and gasped for his breath and inhale the air inside his lungs. He was exhausted. His mind and body are ready to give up. He feel dizzy and nauseous.

Steps could be heard as someone walked towards him.

" Get up. "

A cold and monotone voice had said. Luwen blinked his eyes and struggled to stand up. With his hands, he used the wall as a support to stand up with his trembling body. He stared at Senior Connor who had his usual cold and emotionless expression.

Different from his usual get up– where Senior Connor always wore a buttoned up black coat with a collar that covered up his neck up to his knees–currently those garment are missing from Senior Connor. He was currently wearing a white shirt with it's sleeves and the black pants folded several times. His arms are raised with his fist clenched tightly.

A few days ago, after getting a sealed artifact and beyonder items from the underground, Senior Nicholas had told him to learn how to defend himself. Browsing through the books on the Institute, Luwen immediately came to conclusion that it was useless to learn how to defend himself in the books. He need a practical experience. The Seniors are basically more knowledgeable and had more experience than him regarding the beyonder world. So he immediately find someone who can help him to learn self-defense. Senior Nicholas– he already helped him a lot. Luwen didn't want to bother the Senior anymore so he went to find someone else that can help him.

He immediately crossed out Senior Milka and Senior Rosa. He didn't feel comfortable if he would learn from them. In the end, he came for Senior Connor for help in learning how to defend himself.

Brutal, serious and stern.

In his mind, Luwen regretted seeking help from the expressionless iceberg.

On the third floor of the Institute, where the training room is located– everyday, Luwen started undergoing in different exercises and started to learn a self defense called Krav Maga. It was said to be a form of  self defense which teaches a person to use  reflexive responses to get through from threatening situations. Senior Connor had said to him that it was also useful in defending against both armed and unarmed opponents.

For the few days, Luwen went through several drills and routine exercises to build his stamina and strengthen his body. So far, Luwen was very exhausted. He started to learn to avoid some several attacks from Senior Connor, but mostly, he was just a victim to the brutal and efficient attacks resulting in different injuries from the different part of his body.

Another wave of dizziness and nausea came through his body, he leaned on the wall and look at Senior Connor exhausted and probably, he would lose his consciousness sooner or later.

Seeing his condition, Connor unclenched his fist and brought down his hands. He release the tension on his body and his posture became relax. Still, he was wearing his usual cold and emotionless expression.

" You are in no condition to fight anymore, Rest. "

Glancing at Luwen, he dragged him through the collar. Luwen look at Senior Connor with bewilderment. Even with him looking like a fifteen year old young man in stature and build, how can Senior Connor drag him so easily? Senior Connor is of the Marauder Pathway, they are nimble, swift and dextrous. It wasn't mentioned that they have this kind of strength.

Could this be a result of the self defense?

While gasping for his breath, Luwen was brought to sat on a chair beside the spectators who was watching the whole event of their ongoing practice.

Senior Milka looked at him and grinned.

" I really love watching this. This would be my favorite past time from now on. Previously, I was the who was being bullied into submission! Now, I am one of the Seniors who would loved to watch her Juniors to be taught a lesson! "

Milka exclaimed happily. She took out a pouch from her storage ring and throw it towards Luwen. The latter immediately caught it despite his exhaustion.

" Luwen isn't enough! Sooner or later I hope that we would get a new member in our institute. It was unfair that the new members are always brought in the sub organizations! "

While Luwen opened the pouch, Milka said those words. On opening the pouch, it was revealed that it contained small circled shape object. Luwen took one and gulped it down. Senior Rosa pass a glass of water to him and Luwen look at her gratefully.

He breathed out in relief after he had taken the medicine which was helpful and effective in healing bruises on his body. The thirst on his body had also disappeared upon drinking the water.

" I'm....tired... "

Luwen muttered distractedly as he felt the pain from the different parts of his body. He needed to wait for a few hours before the medicine that was made by someone of the Apothecary pathway to take effect and made the pain from the bruises all over his body to disappear along with the bruises.

Senior Connor frowned and glance at him before saying. " Tomorrow, when you are recovered from your Injuries, we would practice again for you to continue in learning the Krav Maga. "

After saying those words, Senior Connor decided to leave the wide and vast training room. Following after him was Senior Milka.

" Senior Connor! Wait for me!! "

Watching Senior Connor leaving the training room, Luwen watched his silhouette in disbelief and an expression of exhaustion and defeat was revealed on his face.

Senior Rosa who watched his expression chuckled. She patted his head before speaking.

" Good Luck. "

With an amused expression, soon– she had also left the training room.

" Impossible..."

Luwen muttered and groaned.

He really regretted choosing Senior Connor as his self defense instructor!

1