Volume 1 – Chapter 6: Assault Trigger
702 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere near the port - Shore, Outskirts of Reversia

 

Kyle and Myles abided with Markus' plan to rescue the slaves while eradicating the red-coated bandits with the help of Markus' army of musketeers— they called them the White Shots Division. Based on the fact, they were not just ordinary musketeers where they solely focused on guns professionally. With their additional strength and intelligence, they came up with the synthesis— mixing gunpowders with their magic alchemy. Of course, the magic alchemy had divided with four particular elements: Fire, Ice, Air, and Earth.

Their collaboration made them intrigued by how drunk it would be to cause a single yet blasting brawl in the middle of the pub, and the Kingdom of Reversia knew that these divisions would be reliable in terms of offensive securities.

For that, Kyle and Myles bought themselves down to the shore, starting to extend their hands and reach away from the hands of the red-coated bandits.

"Spare or not, human lives before monsters."

Markus patted their shoulder as they entrusted them to give a "hit-or-miss" game with fortuity. The pair of black-coated men acted unseen except the eyes of the White Shot Division, giving the scale of where they stood and situated while prowling through the enemies while searching and rescuing the slaves from the quarters.

"Find anyone every nook and cranny, and don't dare yourself stumbled by the gunfight from our ally above," Kyle said, summoning his glaive to the arm. "You know the deal when it comes to being a member of the Black Resort Division."

"I know, I know… My carelessness is not my business around here."

Hence, they proceeded without hesitation.

While the men in the white coat had prepared their shoulder-armed, long-barreled muskets — modeled as Springfield 1861 — and concentrated their eyes toward the red-coated enemies, aiming at the scale of probable accuracy. Before handing out their first shot, their rifles had glowed with a red aura — representing it as the fire element. The purpose was to add the fulmination with a greater capacity to increase the intensity with high propelling velocity and wider scale. After this, they all positioned their gun to sight with their dominant eye and index finger, waiting for a trigger of order.

Markus was the one who did not have his guns brought from his arms, even at his pockets with absent equipment. Although all he had was his bare hands and fingers, unusual for a commander of White Shot Division with no single weapon but fists — rather he had it in his pocket.

"Hold fire…. Mark, on my go…."

Markus' command sincerely raised the riflemen to still the clear shot without a single probable ally casualty, even the abducted slaves being captivated within a certain building wherever they disposed them somewhere hidden around the port.

He told his gunmen to aim only at the infantry.

He had to verify the movements of two black-coated allies for their check fire. They set their position on somewhere near the building scattered of twice human-sized cages, and the number of redcoats was roughly thousands, leisurely roaming around the port — not even a single one of them had looked up above the cliff.

Except Markus declared the first shot ahead of their glimpse of attention.

"Fire~!"

Henceforth, the battle had begun with a rain of detonated bullets — synthesized with a magical element of fire. The reddish magic circle had implanted in front of its barrel, symbolizing the color of the element, after the blazing shot followed by running towards every hostile individual they could find.

Sometimes, the bullet devastated the building with an immense explosion because it stored tons of gunpowder within. Verifying that these red-coated bandits were somehow preparing for a war soon. But unfortunately, it only gave them a bit of a surprise.

* * *
Ruined Mansion - Outside the Property

Finally, at the arrival, Mirai and Juliette had enjoyed a lengthy walk — heading towards the mansion where they had occurred from the previous day. Recalling it, Mirai was the one who had Juliette being focused on, significantly targeted for prior and official reasons.

Incidentally, Mirai was the one with a tremendous difference from Juliette. She had a single fully covered cloak except that was the only dress she wore — if she would disrobe it, it would expose her entire body.

"I guess this is rather convenient... at least."

Mirai complained of an exasperated sigh and palmed-face. The nervousness around her veins ruined her mood because of insufficient clothing, much like crimson-eyed Juliette who barely wore two-piece garments with black fingerless laces and a pair of high heels of the same color.

"Well, nothing can come up with every judgment of whatever your reasons you have," Juliette shrugged, fidgeting her fingers around. "Even a little of privacy can give you some confidence to shine yourself whether you want it."

"Such ogling doesn't make it remarkable at all," commented Mirai, tightly intertwining her hands. ".... But it feels strange suddenly."

Mirai could recall a certain scenario when she was "taken" by the group of ill-willed men, considering her as a pleasurable toy. Somehow, Juliette empathized with her as she felt what Mirai was thinking. The mood had shifted from a silent walk to a runny mind.

"Your capability of womanhood has also the capability to run itself towards the peak. Being human is unnecessary for showing how a 'proper human' could do."

Juliette advised her about the regrets, which she involuntarily abided because being isolated left you with a dilemma. Although Mirai deserved to be a "proper human", she had no choice but to proceed properly without a grasp of hesitation. She could barely see the bright side of it about whatever it conceded to her fate.

"Looks like one of my juniors was having a break… or some sort of."

Juliette had suddenly spotted a certain woman with a white cloak around her body and her shoulder-length hair, similar to what Mirai did — except the base had firmer fabrics and unique design. It looked like she was taking a break based on what Juliette said because she solely laid her back against the base of a certain carriage.

Juliette raised her hand to signal her subordinate.

"Lady Maria, have you accomplished your task?"

A woman named Maria suddenly gasped from her appearance. She moved her fist tightly towards her chest which signified as a salute. From Mirai's perspective, she first realized that Juliette was superior to another while Maria wore the same two-piece garment except it was black.

It meant that they are the same members of where Juliette organized to.

"Are your subordinates… beach mates?" Mirai curiously asked while peeping their two-piece suit. "You seem to have a party around here."

"What do you mean? Party? We are not some kind of adventurers who were pledged to do the dungeon hunting and monster eradication," said Juliette.

Mirai thought the party she meant was the thing back from her original world — such as nightclubbing or anything worth celebrating for fun. While the women with two-piece garments meant a certain assembly of adventurers who could do anything that they voluntarily requested from the guild.

Thus, between the three of them, they confused themselves over the word "Party".

".... Ok."

Mirai started her awkward appreciation. She even gave herself a scratch to her head and was struggling to gain her composure. Despite it, Juliette patted her shoulder as she restored her consciousness from her confusion.

"I understand that you came from out of nowhere," Juliette sighed, softly staring eye-to-eye. "Words came out with different perceptions. If I were you, I would just shut myself up and know the concept so you will give yourself some bit of comprehended information."

"The woman beside you seems to be odd…. Madam."

"Wait? I'm not too weird… What am I? Alien?"

"Just open your mind, Mirai."

Juliette rebuked Mirai for her lack of awareness and exposure. Her advice about shutting Mirai up was definitely recommendable for an outsider like her, like following the tour guide's instruction. But Maria did not care at all since she only gave her first impression of Mirai.

"Alien? What are you talking about? Your vocabulary somehow feels eccentric to my ears."

It had victimized Maria with the scratch of her head. However, her eyes narrowed down for a bit as she suspected that she might be an enormous threat — perhaps she faced beyond Mirai's physical appearance. The odd feeling surrounded Maria's mind as she cautiously recognized the danger. Juliette too got the same reaction.

A sudden knife came out from Maria's bare hands — which considered being weird from Mirai's perspective, throwing directly to almost Mirai, but the actual target was not here.

Behind Mirai was the figure who entirely covered with hoodie robe — shaded blue.

"Who are you? What's your business to us?"

Maria clicked her tongue because her knife could not hit him successfully.

"The collision between the order and the chaos had been an upbringing for centuries. Even good and evil were separated apart with these sides. What will the will of man be?"

The mysterious yet flamboyant voice came from a conspicuous figure, addressing with riddles that confused three women in front.

Apparently, three of them did not have a single answer to its question, and what was even worse was the awaiting of a certain response.

"You're from the Blue Devil Cult… am I right?"

Juliette firstly handed out the question, glaring at the figure while gripping her sudden crescent-shaped blade.

"Grant O blood… for thy gratification for thine flesh!" The voice flamboyantly screeched its tone. "In the name of goddess Yukiona, I say that your essence has finally enraged unto the depths of your heart."

Pardon, they did not understand what he was saying.

"What are you talking about? If you're the worshippers of your own goddess, I say that you should not interfere with other's business. You degenerate trespassers!" cried Juliette.

"As a believer of Lust and Love, you have granted the desire to reach the peak of your ideology. Immediately saying, you will kill me… do you think?"

"Don't make me execute you… or else your head will cut off from your delusions of whom you have cried for."

"Lady Juliette van Vermiculo, I heard that you symbolize yourself as the blood which gives you the capability to handle your own lust."

"Sounds like you're one of my relatives," Juliette chuckled for a bit. "But I'm afraid to say that you are really a magnificent actor. Why can't you become a thespian who will rain yourself with that silly blood of yours? I'm sure that your 'goddess' will be much pleased with your performance."

"Don't give me hope… Yukiona is not the goddess who will surely give you answers based on your satisfaction."

"That's the point I really want to hear…. After all, you're just one pitiful wasted soul."

For her sake, Juliette threw her blade at three o'clock. She provided her blade with a boomerang course, which was the purpose of flying it aside because of the structure of her blade that supported the motility itself. As a result, the path had swayed its turn towards the target, although it was basically a trick to give a simple warning.

However, once it reached to its side, the blade suddenly popped away from the figure and was invulnerable to the fact that the blade was ineffective by some his ability — more like the gravity had halted its motility.

"The blade did not hit him. I thought it was precise for it to follow," said Maria.

"It's one simple trick you got here… but the problem is not the case of my ability. Something that holds me dearly has given me such a blessing," responded the figure, toying with his index finger.

"Arm of Yukiona? Am I right?" asked Juliette, clicked her tongue with a narrow glare.

"Not just one… many as I want."

"You're giving vibes when a certain ill-favored man who had tons of his hands formed behind just to give himself a free-flying ride. Why not give yourself a bit of convenience? You literally had a hard time with us. Don't you think?"

Mirai suddenly teased a hooded man with a mysterious face. Calling him "ill-favored" answered itself in an infuriating manner, causing him to expose his face — shockingly true with his untidy beard, bald head, and wrinkled face. He somehow had the face of a drunkard, displeasing three women in front of him.

He appeared to be glaring in front of Mirai's eyes.

Then he inhaled for a second to regain his strength.

"You're calling me ugly! Ugly! Ugly! Ugly! Ugly! Ugly! Ugly~!"

His bellowing enragement thrust to his enemies' ears. The desperate mind belonged to a crazy old man whom Mirai made him cry by such a childish insult. As a result, the hatred grew on his face, judging by his clenching fist and his swaying arm, or he did not accept her descriptive comment which found himself sensitive. Thus, he was a man who rarely wanted to joke with.

"(Did I accidentally bully him from such simpleton of me?)"

Mirai was regretting what she called him. It might count as a joke, but it also turned out to be offensive.

"I'll pay you for this! I'll look forward to having a taste of your blood!..... Starting now, ~!"

Remarkably, the old man in the robe snapped his finger, clicking sound that had overheard around them. With that response, dozens of blue robe men appeared, surrounding the three women and leaving themselves isolated. What they had to seek from one of them was their aim to pursue. And surely, the members of the Black Resort Division had nothing to do with their business.

Their target was Mirai Shizuku herself.

"A delightful taste would welcome us with the sweet aroma of your blood… Now if you excuse us, we want to give a trial of this bloody fate that will reach amongst the trembles of joy."

The old man in robe declared the collision among the three of them, which in fact, he was trying to persuade them to hand out Mirai to them. However, Juliette alongside Maria refused their insistent offer — making the old man enraged once again.

"What's up with your goddess? Is there any reason for an offer to signify for your delusional business?" asked Juliette.

"Hand her to us! Otherwise, we will call a curse upon your lascivious body!"

The old man in robe laughed, sadistically wanted to wish for their average taste.

"Now let us hear your call and bear in the name of Yukiona!"

Henceforth, the old man in robe charged them first alongside his comrades which they encircled them with no room to escape.

Although there was something that made him surprised, the crimson-eyed lady like Juliette was eyeing towards her blade, his shadow clouded which. The aforementioned statement depicted that it was a simple trick up her sleeves — but that trick was not merely simple to consider that it was her first step to raise her strategy. Juliette had suddenly appeared behind the shadows of the old man in a robe. Upon it reached, she swiftly grabbed her signature blade and slashed at his bareback.

However, he also mentioned that there was something that could stop the blade from hitting. No matter what tricks she had, the result remained the same.

"Tch… what's with your confidence?" angrily asked Juliette, clicking her tongue while trembling her grip.

"Have I known that your power of blood will only be awakened of its darkest place?"

The old man in the robe could identify her disadvantage. Juliette realized that he conveniently had a certain force that might shield himself from the drop of the blade. The force vigorously pushed Juliette away, dropping her body onto the rough surface with a slight bleed on her face.

"This is why I prefer dawn overnight… not really a pleasant mood for you to fight under the heat of the sun," said the old man.

"Madam!!"

"What's going on around here?! I don't understand this situation we are having here!"

"Oh dear, please be gentle with yourself. A companion of yours is having a rough day around here."

The old man in robe widened his eyes, maniacally approached Mirai. Meanwhile, Maria stood in front of Mirai as she tried to protect with her gripping glaive from the frightened weirdos.

"How pitiful of your guard! You cannot even notice a single launch of clasp…. Beside you!!"

Unfortunately, not even a single sense had gotten Maria's sense — hitting her from the side by the force that the old man himself provided.

"Ugh! Stay away from me! You ugly old bastard!" cried Mirai, begging him to stop.

"YOU'RE CALLING ME UGLY AGAIN!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! I GUESS I'LL PLEASE YOUR BODY TWO TIMES… PERHAPS SEVERAL MAY DO SO!!"

Mirai had no choice because hooded weirdos surrounded her — until then. The other two men in blue robes restrained her body with the tighter grip around her shoulder, forcing her to stand with their bare strength. The old man played with his fingers to nudge her chin. His nasty grin made Mirai convulsing with her wish of resistance.

"I told you to be gentle… otherwise, your taste will be bland."

3