Chapter 37: Bullies
195 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Song: David Rovics - Bullies

Chapter 37: Bullies

Seto couldn't concentrate on his work. The Summit seminars and workshops over for the day, he had eaten a quick dinner and retired to his suite rather than sticking around to socialize. He now sat staring at the emails his secretary found important enough to forward, trying not to think of his whore, how she was probably fucking the wage monkey for hours on end, how the wage monkey probably had a bigger cock and more stamina, how the wage monkey definitely had bigger muscles. Seto thought of that seed taking root in her. Maybe, in some way, perhaps in several ways, that seed was more worthy than his own. An ache spread through his fingers as he typed, working on automatic pilot and not really seeing the words in front of him.

A video call icon flashed on his screen. Seto accepted it without thinking. His secretary wouldn't put it through unless it was important.

A haughty 20-year-old blonde with half-moon glasses and malachite eyes popped up on the screen. Rebecca Hawkins. "Hey Kaiba!"

"What do you want, cunt?"

Rebecca flipped her hair. "Coming from a man who calls his fiancée a whore, I'll take that as a compliment. I've come to apologize anyway."

"About damn time. So you admit to hacking my deck, then?"

"Yeah, sorry about that. What you said during your duel moved me. I didn't see it coming. I thought . . . I thought you were just aiming to cause a stir over Facebook, and now I see there's so much more to it than that. I'll do this one free of charge, but it will take a couple of weeks to do it properly. Nobody will be able to reverse it once it's done, and there will be no way of tracing it back to me or Kaiba Corp."

Seto smirked. "I expect nothing less."

"And Kaiba?"

"What?"

"Congratulations."

Seto ended the call and went back to plowing through his emails, emboldened by the recent turn of events.

Wedding thoughts crept into Seto's mind, but he shoved them aside. Whatever his whore wanted, he would simply provide. After all, she would undoubtedly want to partake in several American peasant traditions, and that would leave little time for more posh forms of entertainment. Seto thought of the elegant weddings his adoptive father had forced him to attend and decided that the more ways Joan could make the scumbag roll over in his grave, the better.

"Mr. Kaiba?" Just when Seto had finally gotten his mind back on his work, Roland had to interrupt.

Seto turned to face Roland. "Speak."

"A situation has developed, Sir." Roland went on to relay everything he'd discussed with Linda and Joan about Nathaniel, including Joan's insistence on providing Nathaniel with a bodyguard.

Seto clenched his fists. Nathaniel had been such a happy kid, so innocent, like Mokuba at that age, before Pegasus had kidnapped him. "Roland, set my nephew up with the best bodyguard you can find and get me that principal's head on a pike."

"Sir? May I suggest a more . . . legal course of action?"

Seto rubbed his temple. "I meant figuratively."

Sometimes it's difficult to tell, Roland thought, holding his tongue.

"Get that nosey reporter on it."

"Which reporter, sir?"

"The one who badgered me with all those questions while you were detained." Seto hated how Tricia had pegged him, how she'd read him like an open book, and how he'd woken up to find the words he should have said himself staring him in the face, but he knew deep down that without her, he would have denied his feelings indefinitely. Tricia knew how to write an article with sympathy and gusto, something that would incite others to action. With any luck, Tricia's exposé would get the principal fired. As for the bullies, they needed to learn a lesson.

18