Shameless People
2.3k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girls that came out looked like people who could actually shop in the Zhongyuan street. They seemed to be from a rich family. Looking at their overall appearance, it wouldn’t be wrong to assume they were nobles. 

From the memory of the original owner, Bai Yu Yan could recognize all three of them. Especially the little beauty in the front. 

Who could it be if not Madame Bai’s darling little daughter and her mei mei?

The following actions confirmed her guess. Seeing them come outside, the store manager rushed to get the fabric he had kept aside. He then respectfully handed it to the girl in front with both hands, “Second Miss, I’ve already sent that woman away. Now, this is all yours.”

Bai Chun Hua ignored his fawning smile as she took the fabric. In addition to its soft color, it had a smooth texture and weighed very light. If it is made into a dress, it would undoubtedly look beautiful. She was very satisfied with the material. 

“The woman earlier had ordered this weeks ago. She used to come here every day to check if the material had arrived. But this is not an ordinary fabric. I had to fight with other shop keepers to get this one piece. Who knew that today, just when Second Miss wanted to take it, she would also arrive and demand it?”, the manager scoffed as he remembered what happened. In the fit of anger, she even forgot to ask for the advanced payment she had left. He was really lucky today. 

The manager’s words made the girls excited. They surrounded Bai Chun Hua to look at the fabric she was holding. 

“Chun Hua, you really have eyes for good things. Look at how beautiful it is.”, one of the girls looked at her in admiration. 

“Yes, and if we hadn’t come earlier, the woman would have already taken it with her. You are really lucky”, the other added.  

Bai Chun Hua only gave a soft smile hearing their praise. Only yesterday, her mother had received news from Manager Gao that a new batch of materials had arrived in the shop. Among them was a very good grade of fabric ordered by a customer. Madame Bai had laughed hearing the shop was still getting customers. 

After hearing the conversation, she didn’t need her mother to tell her what to do about it. Chun Hua came here today to obtain the fabric. She had always gotten her hands on good stuff once she laid her eyes on it. As long as it’s something she wants, she would definitely get it. Be it of her sister’s or someone else’s, it can only be hers.  

Bai Yu Yan saw the woman come outside. Inside the shop, she was angrily scolding the manager but after coming outside, her eyes flashed with nervousness. She stood outside the shop and glanced at other fabric shops as she wrung her hands helplessly.

“Miss look at these shameless people. Robbing in a broad daylight. Is Miss just going to let these people go?”, Xiao Fan gritted her teeth as she looked at Bai Yu Yan with frustration. This shop belongs to her Miss now. How can they bully people to such an extent? 

“Xiao Fan”. Bai Yu Yan chuckled seeing her little maid turn red with anger. She beckoned her to come closer and said something in her ear, after which, Xiao Fan went back to the carriage. Bai Yu Yan then turned and walked towards the woman. She really didn’t want to go this usual route of taking revenge on step-sister after rebirth. Much less offend any people, when she was not sure of her own safety. But she really couldn’t help this urge to slap these shameless people ah. 

Inside, Manager Gao was carefully wrapping the fabric as he answered Chun Hua. 

“Manager Gao, this must be very expensive. I haven’t carried much cash with me today. How much is the price? ”, Chun Hua asked him with a ‘worried’ expression. 

Manager Gao was already used to this dialogue. “What is Second Miss talking about? This shop belongs to the First Miss after all. As a sister, she definitely wouldn’t take any money from Second Miss.”, Getting the hint, he answered her to play along.

“How can Manager Gao say that? Dajie is already married now. The matter of money should be cleared even between sisters.”, Chun Hua reprimanded Manager Gao righteously. 

Who would dislike being scolded by a beauty? Manager Gao looked troubled after hearing what she said. After a while, he nodded and pulled out an account book, “If Second Miss says so then I will add it in your account-

“My mei mei’s principle is really commendable ah.” 

Manager Gao couldn't complete what he wanted to say when they heard a voice. 

Suddenly hearing Bai Yu Yan’s voice, Bai Chun Hua was startled for a moment. She subconsciously looked at the package in Manager Gao’s hand.

“Originally, jie jie wouldn’t have minded giving it to you for free but after hearing what you said, how can I have the heart to reject mei mei’s good intention”, Bai Yu Yan walked in front of the people who looked alarmed. 

Chun Hua looked at her sister who had suddenly appeared and calmed down. This was the person who had always been on her mercy when they were in Bai manor. How could she be afraid of Bai Yu Yan? 

She quickly composed herself and went forward to hold Yu Yan’s hand. “Jie, how have you been these days? You really forgot us all after marrying His Excellency. After you left, Mother had been so worried that she barely ate or slept.” 

Bai Yu Yan looked at the person before her and applauded in her heart. How come step-sisters in novels are always good at acting?  

But don’t underestimate this grandma ah! I’ll teach you how to act even better. 

 

37