War II
234 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ghul stood up while stretching and turning his body. The sun was rising in the east. Sleeping on a hard ground wasn't quite comfortable, but it was way better than sleeping in a tree branch. The fire beside him had already died. The morning was a bit chilly, as he was wearing just a short pant, but the rising sun was gradually making it warmer.

Ghul went to the river to freshen himself up, the sound of the flowing river was quite pleasant. Splashing his face with water, Ghul felt that his new life wasn't so bad. Suddenly, his stomach grumbled.

I haven't eaten anything since yesterday...

Ghul rubbed his stomach. He didn't want to eat fruit and nuts anymore. He was sick of it after eating it for 2 days.

I have a bow, so let's hunt for some meat today.

He equipped his bow and counted his arrow.

I have 8 arrows. it isn't much, but as long as they don't break, I can reuse them.

He headed inside the forest by the river. The Traveler's Claymore was still in the camp, as he left it there, so it wouldn't slow him down. He was only carrying a bow and arrow.

After wandering in the forest for quite some time, he found a deer grazing. Ghul slowly lurked towards it, trying to get a better angle to aim. He was about 5 meters away from the deer. He didn't dare to get more closer, as it could alert the deer.

He aimed his bow at the deer's head, stretching the bow to its limit.

The arrow escaped the bow at breakneck speed, slicing through the air with a swooshing sound. the arrow missed the head but hit the hind leg. The deer was alerted, as it started to run limply.

Ghul gave chase, while still aiming his bow. He couldn't aim properly while running, so he didn't bother firing. The deer was considerably slow due to its injured leg, while Ghul was like a fish in the water, rapidly catching up to the dear.

He caught up to the dear, aiming his bow at point-blank range towards the dear, he fired. The deer cried as it gave its last breath. Ghul stared at the deer with pity. It wasn't a monster like the Bokoblins, it was killed just because someone was hungry.

Survival of the fittest...

In a world where even he could die the very next day, Ghul couldn't afford to show such emotions like pity. It died because he was hungry. Simple as that. He had to adapt to be cold. One day a human could be after his life, then what? Could he show pity?

Ghul shook his head and carried the dead body of the deer towards the camp. He chopped the dead body with the sword, roasting the thigh meat by the fire. He threw some rock salt in the fire. He didn't know if it would work, but he didn't know how to extract the salt from the rock, so he just threw it in the fire. Rocksalt was a common mineral found almost everywhere.

He went towards the body of the Blue Bokoblin which was far away from the camp. The flesh was already eaten and only the bones remained, probably the work of wolves. He took the skull. After clearing out the excess meat, he washed it in the river and left it to dry in the sun.

The meat was already done cooking. Ghul started chowing down on the meat. Devouring the whole meat, he let out a satisfied burp. It was truly delicious when he had only eaten fruits and nuts for the last two days.

The meat wasn't bland, so the rocksalt probably worked.

After patting his stomach, Ghul stood up and walked towards the dried skull. He took it and wore it on his head like a mask.

He had to hide his face. He couldn't go around the place looking like the Master of the sword that seals the darkness, Link. He should be fairly famous even before he became the Princess's Knight attendant.

Wearing nothing but a short pant and a skull, Ghul looked as peculiar as he could.

Is the Link of this era a reincarnation of me?

Ghul suddenly thought about this out of nowhere. The Link from the Skyward Sword, which he was suspected to be, was the very first Link. He fought the Source of all evil Demon king Demise with the help of Goddess Hylia's mortal incarnation named Zelda. Yeah, I know.

After defeating the demon King Demise, he cursed Link and Zelda. With his final breaths, Demise vows that his hatred and the curse of the Demon Tribe will be reborn in a cycle without end as it evolves, cursing those with the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero.

So the Link of this era was his reincarnation or not?

Ghul abandoned the topic, as it wasn't going to get him anywhere. he would be more productive, learning how to fight.

With his stomach full and his weapons sharp, Ghul started his search for more Bokoblin camps.

Ghul wandered around, searching for Bokoblin camps. He came across a skull-shaped rock with two watchtowers beside it. It was a camp of advanced Bokoblin camp. It was quite easy if you knew how to raid it.

Hiding in the dark, Ghul aimed at the rope from which the fire lamp was hanging, it could be seen from the skull's left eye. Taking a precise aim at the rope, he fired. But, the arrow missed as it hit the lamp instead.

The Bokoblins were alerted, but they were too dumb to know where the arrow came from. The Bokoblins on the watchtower became vigilant. Ghul loved this feeling of the enemy being clueless. Taking another shot, the fire lamp fell down, as an explosion occurred inside the camp.

All the Bokoblins died from it except the two in the watchtower and the Blue one inside the cave. Ghul fired another arrow at the watchtower Bokoblin.

Bull's eye...

The arrow hit square on, killing the Bokoblin in one shot. Ghul aimed at another one on the watchtower, he fired. But the arrow only hit its leg. It had survived, and the Bokoblin knew his location now. Ghul aimed again, as the Bokoblin aimed as well. The one who hit first would influence the tempo of the battle.

Ghul took his arrow back and changed his position. His guts told him, it would be dangerous if he sat there. Even if his arrow hit the Bokoblin and it died, it could also release its arrow in time before his death. Ghul wouldn't die from that attack, but a major injury in the wild was nothing short of death.

After changing his location, Ghul aimed again. From the corner of his eyes, Ghul saw that the blue Bokoblin had come out of the cave. This shot decided the level of this battle. If it hit square on and the Bokoblin died, Ghul would have enough time to prepare for the Blue one.

If he couldn't take out the archer, he would have to face the Blue Bokoblin with archer support. Ghul's heart pounded, it was a crucial point in the battle. taking his aim, he shot the arrow.

The arrow traveled through the air in breakneck speed, making a swooshing noise, it hit the Bokoblin squarely on its head, killing it.

"BULL'S-EYE..." Ghul shouted with excitement.

He held his Traveler's Claymore and charged towards the Blue Bokoblin. He was excited facing this Blue Bokoblin one on one. His adrenaline skyrocketed, as he howled while slashing the Blue Bokoblin.

The attack hit it square in the head, stunning it while its body flew in the air. Ghul ran towards it and jumped, performing a downwards stab.

The Traveler's Claymore penetrated the Blue Bokoblin's skull and the ground beneath as well. Seeing the bloody scene, and the dead Bokoblin, his adrenaline rush gradually died down.

"Well, that was easy... Am I just that strong?" Ghul said while chuckling.

He knew that it was already injured from the explosion inside. But, he still felt proud nonetheless. During the whole battle, he held the initiative.

Ghul started searching for his spoils of war. He found about twenty arrows, some normal Bokoblin weapons which wasn't useful, and the last one was an Eightfold Blade. It was a real piece of treasure. A short and sharp blade. He could use it when he doesn't have the energy to swing that bulky Claymore.

After everything was done, Ghul returned to the camp. It was already evening when he got there. He ate the meat he hunted this morning and slept by the fire.

9