Sick Day
694 6 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today was a normal day after school. At least, it was for most students leaving their classes or going to do club activities. Kouji himself was on the train like he would whenever going home. This time, he wasn’t getting off on the usual stop. Nor was he wearing what he normally wore, as a mask covered his face.

Instead, the boy got off a stop earlier. His goal wasn’t to go home right now, but rather to go to someone’s house. That someone being Waa. She was a girl that had failed to go to school today. The reason given that she was sick with something, so it was wise to keep her at home. However, he was still her tutor. Therefore, the boy was more than fine with making sure she got her homework done.

Once he was there, it was simply to enter thanks to the girl’s mother. Just like the last time, the woman slid back to her own work room without saying much else. This interaction made him feel bad, since despite meeting them several times. Kouji didn’t really know much about her parents outside of their professions.

“I see you finally came.” Waa greeted him as he entered her room. At first, Kouji went to her game room, since he figured she’d be spending her free day there. However, it turned out that her illness was far from light. Though thankfully not contagious according to her. “I’ve been stuck in here all day. So you could say that I’m just a little bored.” She had a grouchy tone as a result of her unfortunate situation.

“Shouldn’t one of your parents be tending to you?” He asked. Surely, one of them could find time in their busy schedules for their daughter.

“They’re a bit too busy for that.” There wasn’t even a hint of bitterness from her. The girl was used to the lack of attention. “I take it your here to bore me with some homework, aren’t you?”

“Well, I can’t let you fall behind.” He informed her. “I can see you’re not feeling super well. Don’t worry, we’ll take things light today then.” Kouji took off his mask as it wasn’t needed anymore, at least that’s what she told him. He swore, if she got him sick somehow. That girl was going to owe him big time.

And so, he put out some papers onto her bed. The two of them were going to have to get to work alone here. Well, at least Kouji believed them to be alone…

***

The knowledge of Kouji going to Waa’s house alone to tutor her was known to the others. It was directly told to them by him, since he knew about what his job entailed. As such, there was something that needed to be done thanks to that information.

“He is not about to just spend time alone with that girl.” Himawari muttered, as she spied on the boy picking up a mask from the nurse. Despite not having any plan, she knew that there was no way she could just let it go. It didn’t even make all that much sense to take issue with him spending time with Waa. She didn’t consider that girl very attractive. Not to mention that she didn’t sense any feelings the girl had for him.

Somehow, something had changed within her ever since Teru was announced as a rival. Himawari may have become a lot more jealous of a person, but there might be more to it than she’d be willing to admit. Especially since she was awful at expressing anything intimate in front of most of the others.

While she might’ve been alone standing around the corner for him to leave the school grounds. The girl certainly wasn’t alone when it came to wanting to follow him. Teru, Yuma, and Anastasia were all hiding in their own little corners. It was about as silly as one can imagine.

This stalking act would continue as he entered the train. All of the girl’s behind him were doing their own little things to keep his sight away from them. Kouji wasn’t expecting anyone to be following him, so the boy wasn’t aware of what was going on around him.

In fact, none of the girls were aware of the others’ presence while taking this train. Nor were they made aware of this fact when it was time to get off. The truth would only start to come out when they all arrived at Waa’s front door.

“What are you all doing here?” Teru glared at each and every one of them. Her stare was more than enough to strike terror at all of them. Even if Yuma didn’t visibly show it.

“Is there anything wrong on checking up with a friend?” Himawari was more than prepared to make an excuse. “Anyone with some class would do the same thing.”

“Of course.” Anastasia jumped on the bandwagon to protect herself. “It is a shame that she had to spend all day by herself. Surely a friend is something she would like to see.”

“And you Yuma?” Teru asked when there was a noticeable gap in her response time.

“...I do have servant experience.” Yuma finally figured out what to say. Teru realized that it was pointless to confront anyone over this, so they finally got around to ringing the door.

This time, Waa’s dad was the one to answer. Though just like with his wife, the man was quickly back into his office once they entered.

“You know, it seems like anyone can just waltz into this house.” Himawari commented on the parents’ lack of care when allowing people inside. Though this turned out to be a benefit for all of them. Since their arrival wouldn’t be announced to the girl before they had the chance to sneak a look at what Kouji was up to.

Quietly, they tiptoed their way up the stairs and down the hallway. Waa’s dad told them where his daughter’s room was. So without making a sound, the group cracked open the door to see what was happening inside.

From their view, it appeared that Kouji was standing besides her bed. He was ending over and pointing out something that wasn’t visible, but anyone would be able to ascertain that it was the assignments for the day. He was acting like someone that wasn’t aware they were being watched, but also while being completely innocent. If he had nefarious plans, it wasn’t showing to them.

Waa, on the other hand, was aware of this spying. As she had access to a very special piece of hardware in her ear. The alarm couldn’t have been triggered by her parents, as they would’ve had no qualms about entering. That could only mean one thing.

Now, a normal person might confront these stalkers. They might even get a little upset. Waa was not upset at all about this situation. After all, she was no normal person. Instead, she decided that this was the time to pull a little trick on girls that didn’t respect privacy.

“Kouji, could you lean in a little?” She asked him quietly. The boy didn’t understand what that was all about, but he still did as she asked. With the boy being off-guard, she took advantage and pulled him to fall over her.

“What are you doing?” He was shocked by this move. This was the type of position that would be very compromising considering the people he knew. Kouji was thankful that this wasn’t being witnessed or else he might be getting a beating.

“C-control yourself.” Her response was to play dumb and act like he was the one to make the first move. “I didn’t realize you felt that way about me.” She winked at him, turning her head to try and show her earpiece to him. At first, he wasn’t sure what to make of those actions. However, it’s a good thing he’s not a dense boy. That earpiece could only mean one thing. The two of them were not alone here.

“You’re just so cute.” He said, trying to put on a convincing act. “I know it’s a little inappropriate since I’m your tutor, but we are alone right now. No one has to know” He was a better actor than anyone would’ve expected. His word were enough to even make Waa blush a little, even though she knew this was all a lie.

“Then… You can take my body.” She continued on with this meek act she had for herself. Despite it not being how she usually acted, it was enough to fool the rest of the girls.

They were all shocked at this display, but also tried their best to stay silent. Even though their presence was known, those girls had no clue on the truth here. Anastasia covered her eyes to not have to witness such a sigh, Teru had her mouth agape over this scene, and even Yuma broke a single sweat from her forehead.

Now this was starting to get to be a little much for one particular girl. In a moment of pure emotion, Himawari slammed open the door. It gave away all the fact that they were all spying on those two.

“I can’t just sit by and let this happen.” She declared as she marched for them.

“Aha!” Kouji turned and pointed a finger at her. “I knew that you… Oh, all of you are here.” He assumed that it was just Himawari by the door, not the entire group as well.

“What? What’s going on here?” Himawari asked, flustered at how well he was dealing with her barging in. This seemed more like the type of situation where the boy can’t defend himself, then gets beat up.

“You know, people generally prefer it when they’re not being spied on.” Waa said, revealing that this was all just a ruse. “Although, it is a little convenient for me that you’re all here now. I do have something I wanted to ask.”

29