Table Manners
398 13 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This event was stressful, even more so for Kouji as he scanned the room for the girls. While he agreed with Teru about trying to keep their intimate relationships private. All this looking out made it seem like he was seeking them out. Which was true, but he had good excuses for why he was looking for any one of them.

That was not to say that he didn’t enjoy the benefits of spending more time with them.

“Excuse me.” However, it wasn’t one of the girls he knew that walked up to him. There were other young ladies that were interested in him. “I saw that you were dancing with Anastasia. Perhaps we could share one as well?” Kouji pondered the offer while sitting down in his seat. It must’ve took a lot of courage for her to approach him like this.

“Well I was looking for someone else.” He replied. “But, I guess I have a little time.”

“No you don’t.” Himawari butted into this conversation. She marched right up between them. “You were looking for one of us, and here I am.” With how quick she showed up, he wondered if she had seen him this entire time. “Sorry, but you’ll have to find another partner for now.”

“Um, okay.” The girl meekly walked away from them.

“Sheesh, I thought we were trying not to look so obvious.” Kouji commented as he got up to follow Himawari.

“No one seems to be able to get the idea around here.” She responded. “Especially with my reputation.”

“Does your reputation require you to be so mean?” He muttered to himself. “Anyway, I guess you’re looking for me to help out with something?”

“Well, I don’t need any help.” Because of course that’s how she’d respond. “But, it would be nice to showcase my table manners with someone.” That was where she was taking them. An extravagant event like this needed catering. One where people sat down to converse about posh topics, while dining on fine food.

“Looks pretty easy.” He said as he pulled a chair out for the lady. Then, the boy sat across from her to prepare for a small feast.

It felt very strange to have to be so attuned to how he was sitting at the table. Unsurprisingly, in a normal context, he never paid attention to posture. Nor did he care about what was the correct placement of his utensils or plate. Even the manner in which they ate their food was foreign. Meanwhile, Himawari fit right into this exam. A bit refreshing that for once, he didn’t need to direct her on what to do.

“Chin up.” She commanded him, gently dabbing the napkin over her pretty lips. “And it’s polite to maintain eye contact when talking with a person.” They looked at each other. He was certain the reason she wanted him here was to pretend this was a date. Something that they had never officially gone on. Technically, Kouji had yet to go on a proper date with any of the girls. Their alone time was set up with very specific reasons that were not supposed to be romantic.

“That’s a really nice dress you’re wearing.” He figured that compliments were a part of the manners. Nothing too strong, but enough to make someone feel good about themselves. Kouji also didn’t want to be fake about it, so his feelings about her outfit were genuine. Fashion sense was always one of her stronger points.

“And your suit is impeccable.” She responded in kind. The two shared a smile. Dating her would honestly be a treat, he thought. Perhaps if she wasn’t stuck in this weird spot of wishing to express herself, while not letting people knew she was a part of a harem. Then Himawari would be an amazing girlfriend for any boy his age. “Ah, you got a bit of a mess here.”

She took her napkin and wipe a small bit of food from his cheek. “You have to look good for tonight. We all do.” That little line placed at the end was there for show. It was an obvious statement, but she simply wanted an excuse to get closer to him. An attractive boy like him would catch any girl’s eyes. And right now, he was hers.

“Thanks.” He replied. Himawari was slow in cleaning his face. She was too distracted with looking at him, that they nearly forgot there were dozens of people around them. A shame, he thought. Because he never wanted to kiss her as badly as right now. Finally, the girl was finished with clearing off his face. With that, she wiped her own mouth clean.

“Well, that should be all.” She got up, marking the end of their little date. “You have others to meet, correct?”

“Right.” He got up and moved away from the tables with her. “I gotta find Waa or Yuma, but I had a wonderful time with you.” That was music to her ears.

“One more thing.” She leaned up to his ear and whispered. “I’m wearing your favorite panties right now.” Hearing that made his body feel a little excited. “Maybe when this is all finished, the two of us should sneak off for a little fun.” Himawari backed off from him, a finger covering her lips about a possible private rendezvous. Kouji couldn’t hide the smile on his face, as they parted ways.

Unfortunately for him, his high would come crashing down when his headmistress found him.

“There you are.” She said to him, appearing rather worried. “Have you seen Waa?”

“It was a while ago.” He answered. After the last time he saw her, he was already concerned about how she was feeling. But what Isako told him filled the boy with dread.

“No one seems to be able to find her. She hasn’t done any of the stations, so she won’t be able to pass.” Between the two of them, it was a problem given his enrollment. For Kouji, he also had the added concern about what he said to her. What did he say exactly that would make her feel upset? Whatever it was, he just knew that had to be the problem.

“Okay, let’s just calm down.” He said. “Just look around here in case she pops up, but I think I might have an idea where she could be.”

“I hope you’re right.” She said, preparing to return to her post. “And please, try not to go too far away here. I don’t want to cause any commotion among the students.”

“Don’t worry.” He said as they separated. “I won’t be gone long.” Kouji left the main room, heading straight for the stairs. If he was correct in his intuition, then she could only be at one place.

20