Chapter 4: Encounter.
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mika's POV

Mika: "I walk through the valley of unlife and realise I have no time to spice my life~"

In the forest a young elven girl was swinging her legs happily as she walked through the forest. The small elven girl who donned a camouflaged cloak was humming a song that meant a lot to her, however this was soon halted.

Mika: "They think I'm a mo--"

BOOOOOOM

A large shockwave erupted in the forest and this threw the young elven girl named 'Mika' into crashing with multiple trees.

Mika: "ARGH!"

'It hurts... a lot...' she thought to herself. Mika waited for the pain to recede and then tried to move her body again.

Mika: "-Tsk."

'Why is it always me being in pain?' Mika thought with self-contempt.

Mika: "[HP regen up]!"

Mika chanted a spell from the light element which increased her body's healing speed and waited till she was fully healed to get back up.

Mika: "That should do."

'Now then, why on Caistea was I sent flying?' she thought to herself. Mika looked at the devastation that occurred and thought 'what the hell'.

Mika: "[Ghost Steps], now I wonder why the animals are so agitated?"

Mika activated a stealth skill which reduces her noise and headed towards the source. She took cover behind some trees every so often and when she reached her destination her eyes widened.

Mika: "I can clearly see the magicule particles even without my [Mana Eyes] arts."

Mika took extra vigilance and even activated a new spell which cloaked her from her surroundings.

Mika: "[Dark Cloak]."

Mika - who was now shrouded in darkness - decided to head deeper to the source and found a lake. 'The magicule particles in the lake is abnormal, something definitely happened.' she thought to herself and the murmured something only she could hear.

Mika: "Might even turn into magic infused lake."

'I should probably try to find out what's happened to it.' she thought to herself. Mika's eyes was infused with her mana which then turned her green eyes into golden yellow eyes.

Mika: "[Mana Eyes]."

Mika stared directly into the lake and after a few seconds she finally pinpointed the cause. 'Someone's having an evolution. It's probably a fishman.' she thought but then she focused more on the small figure and realised it was a human.

Mika: "I need to go save him..!"

Mika was going to go jump in the lake but then she had some new thoughts. 'Why should I save him? It's not like he's gonna say anything kind. He'll probably just shun me when I make a mistake.' Mika kept having debates with herself but then ultimately decided on one thing.

Mika: "Damn it!"

Mika dived in the lake and swam towards the small figure. Mika looked at the small figure and realised that he was injured but what was astonishing was that the small figure's body was visibly regerating. 'It should be next to impossible for a human to have regeneration. Probably a demihuman.'

Mika looked at the boy's face and saw that he was unconscious. Mika could see that the boy had an above average face that bordered between cute and handsome. Mika casted a spell so she could entrap both the boy and herself within a barrier.

Mika: "[Aqua Barrier], that should do it."

Mika entrapped both the boy and her in the bubble and she breathed a breath of relief.

Mika: "Almost couldn't hold it in."

Mika redirected her bubble to go towards the surface and then stared at the unconscious boy.

Mika: "From the looks of it he should be either 4 or 5 but since he evolved he's probably 5 years old. So he was probably..."

'Abandoned.' Mika stared at the boy even more and started to feel some sort of affinity with the boy.

PLOFF

Mika's bubble finally exited the lake and hovered towards the closest plot of land.

PLOP

Mika's bubble popped and both Mika and the boy landed safely on the ground.

Mika: "Now I need to get him to my home."

'But first I need to get some meat' Mika thought and shortly after a large bear which was the size of a boulder appeared from the forest.

Bear: "GRAAAAWWWWR!"

'Oh would you look at that, the foods here.' Mika thought while licking her lips. 

The bear leaped at Mika however Mika activated [Phantom Leap] and jumped sideways while holding the boy.

Mika: "Tsk."

Mika clicked her tongue as the bear changed directions and began to attack Mika once again.

Mika: "[Refined Aero Barrier]!"

Mika casted a spell which created an orb in which both the boy and her were inside and this orb of wind immediately caught the bear. The spell did not fling the bear away but instead was weakening due to the bear's persistence. Mika focused on converting the magicule particles into wind energy and the she formed them into arrows.

Mika: "[Refined Aero Arrow] times 20."

Mika summoned twenty big long arrived that were made out of wind and dashed them towards the bear.

Bear: "GRAAAAAA~!"

The bear screamed in agony as it was losing blood at a fast rate because all the arrows seemingly pierced all it's vitals except the head. The bear's scream soon grew hoarse until it no longer could make a noise.

'Phew...That takes care of that.' Mika thought as she sighed deeply. Mika looked at her MP and realised she had used spent more MP than intended.

Mika: "Tsk."

Mika clicked her tongue and then looked at her surroundings. She frowned when she realised that the bear's blood was everywhere hence why she casted a spell and cleaned her surroundings.

Mika: "[Aqua wash]."

Once the surroundings were clean again she donned her listless expression once again and picked both the boy and the bear's corpse and headed to her home.

1