Chapter 5: Meeting The Three.
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Siege's POV

Siege: "Ugh..."

'Why is it so bright?' Siege thought to himself as he opened his eyes. Siege turned his head left and right to process more of his surroundings and saw that he was in a plain room. There was a bed and a white blanket - which he was in - , a table, a wooden oak wardrobe and something that resembles a spruce desk.

Siege: "Ow."

'Looks like I can't move.' Siege thought as he attempted to lift his body up. Since Siege realised he wasn't going to get up any time soon, he let his body drop down to the bed and just stared at the ceiling. 'I probably won't be killed seeing that he or she tucked me comfortably in a bed.' Siege thought to himself while vaguely thinking 'Not that I have anything to lose anyway.'.

'I wonder how I'm still alive? My spine should have been pierced and considering I can partially move my legs it should be healed.' Siege pondered to himself as he just stared out the window that was at the right of him. Siege couldn't see the whole of outside but he could tell that he was still in the forest, except he was deeper in. Just as Siege was going to ask himself another question he could hear the door being opened.

Click

'Wow, that door doesn't make that much noise.' Siege thought while staring at the person who just entered. 'An elf?' Siege looked at the short girl who just entered, she had a light brown bob cut that had two of her bangs fall down to a small portion of her nose. Her green emerald eyes seemed to sparkle however Siege could see that within her bright eyes there was a large darkness that hid within. She wore a long sleeved green tunic that seemed to be made out of silk and she wore red pants that were similarly made out of silk, while being bare footed.

Siege: "..."

Elf: "..."

Siege and the girl stared at each other in silence and it wasn't an awkward silence. Instead it was silence of... Understanding?

Elf: "Mika."

Siege: "Siege."

They both stared at each other in silence as if trying to ascertain the other's identity. They both stared at each other until the silence was broken by an unknown third-party.

???: "So that's where you were, Mika!"

Both Siege and Mika turned to stare at the boy who made a dramatic entrance. The boy and Siege stared at each other for a while and they both said the same word.

Siege: "Opposite."

Boy: "Opposite."

Siege and the boy said this because they looked almost exactly the opposite of each other. Siege had black hair and abysmally black eyes with pale skin but the boy had natural white hair and extremely white eyes while having tanned skin. It was so surreal to both of them that they both laughed at the same time as if trying to push away the bizarreness of the encounter.

Boy: "I'm Alto, so uhh... What's up?"

Siege: "Nothing really, if you ignore the bears, wolves and other stuff going after my hide."

Alto: "Hahaha, that's right..."

Alto laughed awkwardly as he forgot that Siege was knocked out not long ago and should've probably have had a reason for being knocked out.

Siege: "So what now?"

Siege asked while looking at Mika because when Siege looked at Alto he averted his gaze towards Mika.

Mika: "You wait."

Siege: "Okay..."

Alto: "Hahaha..."

Siege asked Mika who answered with a... a pout..? While Alto laughed awkwardly in the background. Just as a few more seconds in serene silence passed, Mika decided to exit the room while Alto looked troubled on what to do and just decided to follow Mika.

'They seem nice.' Siege said in his head while also adding on 'They probably won't eat me.'. Just as Siege was going to close his eyes someone entered the room.

???: "Your awake."

The person who entered was another elf except she had... Black hair and eyes... 'How the fuck...' Siege's eyes widened without his knowledge as he tried to process what he was seeing.

???: "Your wondering how I'm alive, right?"

Siege: "Yeah."

'If I didn't temporarily get my memories from a previous life I would've thought he was reading my mind, however there is one indisputable fact that I remembered. Old people are more sensitive to the thoughts of others.' Siege thought with a serious expression. Siege couldn't remember his previous life however he was sure he retained some of his former knowledge but not with 100% certainty because he could only remember the remains of his memories. To Siege it felt like someone rubbed an erasor in his brain but forgot to wipe off the remains.

???: "Tell me, what do you know about elf culture relating to the colour 'black'."

Siege thought deeply while looking at the long eared elf.

Siege: "All I know is that the colour 'black' is distasteful to them and that not all elves discriminate against the colour 'black'."

???: "Hahahahaha... 'distasteful' is it?"

Siege's answer made the onyx-eyed elf laugh with bitterness which perplexed Siege because he thought this was a sensitive topic for her. Just as Siege was going to ask if everything was alright the black haired elf spoke.

???: "Listen here, boy, they didn't find it 'distasteful' but instead they despised them."

The elf that wore a dark-blue cloak had an expression that would make the phrase "If looks could kill then I'd be dead" morph into "Looks can kill. They can also cause mass-genocides.".

Once the elf realised that Siege wasn't fazed by her display of anger he eyes opened and she grinned.

'Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen. Also as a side note, why the fuck was I not even the least bit concerned when she released killing intent which could probably kill a small child?' Siege contemplated.

???: "Hey boy."

Siege's shoulders jumped once he realised that she was still there.

Siege: "Mhm?"

???: "Do you have any plans after this?"

The cloaked elf said this because she wouldn't mind training him and she also knew that no one dropped in this particular forest is here because they wandered in.

Siege: "I don't think so?"

Siege said with uncertainty which made the elf raise her eyebrow.

???: "What do you mean "I don't think so?" why are you even in this forest if you don't know?"

Siege sighed and answered her while thinking 'Not like there's much to lose.'.

Siege: "As soon as I showed my family my status I got dumped in this forest."

Hearing this the elf narrowed her eyes in... Pity?

???: "Boy, show me your status."

Siege furrowed his eyebrow in wonder but then just decided to do it.

Siege: "Sure, why not."

'Properties' Siege thought and a status page appeared in front of the two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status
Element: Yin
Race: Yin Hyuma
Name:《Sepulous》Siege
Age: 5
Rank: ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Level: 2/15

HP: 7/7
MP: 75/75
SP: 1200/1200

STR: 11
VIT: 10
SPD: 12
DEX: 14
INT: 32
MAG: 20
WIL: 550
CHA: 79
LUK: 72

True Arts:
•Soul Ancestry - The ability to temporarily unlock the abilities of your soul's ancestors and your general ancestors however you must first complete the memories of your ancestors.

Arts:
•Hyper Awareness Lv.1 - The ability to become fully aware of your surroundings with no limitations for a short period of time. The only drawback is that your senses will be duller afterwards.

Skills:
•Mana Manipulation Lv.1- The ability to manipulate the magicule particles in your surroundings.

Passive Skills:
•Gift Of Effort Lv.6-The ability to increase your abilities through sheer hard work and determination.

•Swordsmanship Lv.4-The ability to use a sword efficiently.

•Daggersmanship Lv.2- The ability to use a dagger efficiently.

•Regen Lv.1 -the ability to greatly regenerate your stamina and lost limbs.

•Martial-Arts Lv.1-The ability to fight unarmed efficiently.

•Dual Wield Lv.1- The ability to use more than one weapon.

•Leadership Lv.4- The ability to give orders and inspire those you consider allies.
  [I Honor Thee]-MP 100 to share 1/10 of your stats to allies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siege: "Oh, it changed."

While Siege was preoccupied with his status he realised something big.

Siege: "The fuck? I'm not human!"

???: "As I thought."

The elf said with a nod of confirmation.

???: "You have no place to go so I'll ask one more question."

Siege: "Mhm?"

Siege tilted his head in confusion as he was confused on what she could possibly get from him.

???: "Do you also want to become my disciple?"

'Oh, my body.' Siege thought with a hint of comedy.

Siege: "Sure, why not."

At his reply the elf gave a devious smile which immediately wanted to make Siege back out.

???: "Good. From now on call me 'Teacher' and also get some rest. It's going to be tough from here on out."

Click

The door closed and Siege could only mutter one word as he dropped down on his bed:

"Fuck."

1