Chapter 538: Another One
2k 5 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a gigantic hall.

Light orbs covered the entire ceiling, acting as the sole source of light. The air here was damp and filled with the earthy scent of rocks. Every gentle breeze could kick clouds of dust. In such a bizarre environment, Asahi gathered Riveria’s crew along with Alise, Kaguya, and Ryuu, the strongest members of Astraea Familia. Haruhime seemed to have fought her way into the match just to support Ais.

He stood facing the adventurers, with Hephaestus on his left and Loki on his right. Hephaestus naturally had no eyepatch on her eye, prompting Loki to tease her every so often. The two goddesses appeared like sisters vying for one man’s attention.

Loki kept glancing at Aimi, who nearly merged with Asahi’s shadow. The yandere wasn’t known for her friendliness, but she felt rather approachable at the moment.

“Did ya fuck her before comin’ here?”

Hephaestus flinched at Loki’s whisper. She held back the urge to shove her fist in Loki’s grinning mug for ruining the serious air. A war was about to take place.

“I did,” Asahi answered.

“Makes sense. Ehehe.”

On the other side, Riveria looked nervous in Asahi’s presence, whereas Tiona chuckled and cheered for him. As an Amazonian, she admired strength and respected any adventurer stronger than her. His absolute strength could provoke reverence in any Amazonian.

The trio of Alise, Kaguya, and Ryuu looked to be in their own world in the same vein as Haruhime, Ais, and Lefiya.

Lastly, the duo of Finn and Gareth looked as solemn as a man could be. The gravity of this battle made even the dwarf sober.

Asahi revealed an amused smile at the different reactions under the dungeon roof. “Are you ready to take on Aimi?”

“Hell yeah,” Tiona answered. “Amazonians repay their elder’s debt by beating them in combat. Yeah, Tione?”

“Of course. I’ll finish this fast and spend some lovey-dovey time with Finn!”

Tiona gave her sister an odd look. “Captain Finn doesn’t want a woman from any other race. Why don’t you accept it and move on?”

“I can’t… he has my heart stolen.”

“Let’s start this,” Finn hollered, stopping the sisters’ talk from getting weirder. He liked Tione but not in the way she wanted him to like her. “Adventurers, stay on the strategy we discussed. Don’t falter and keep fighting. We’ll get her today for all the torture she put us through!”

Aimi giggled and held her daggers. “This body belongs to Asahi-sama. Touch any part of me and you’ll pay with your life.”

Finn nervously turned to Asahi. “T-This wasn’t our agreement. You said she won’t kill anyone.”

He didn’t fear death if the stakes were right. Dying in a mock battle would bring down all of his reputation as the Pallum Hero. The utmost shame any upcoming hero could suffer.

Asahi waved his hand. “Don’t worry, man. I can resurrect you in one piece after the fight. Oh. Let me iterate the rules. You can’t heal during the battle, and a severe wound will retire you from the battle.”

He had to make this battle fair to Aimi. Without her Diva magic, she didn’t have infinite stamina to engage in a battle of attrition with the adventurers.

“That’s fair.”

Loki burst into laughter. “My Familia or my sweetheart. Ahhh, how does this goddess decide between two pieces of her heart?”

“You already chose him,” Hephaestus grumbled. “Aimi, please finish this quickly. Chiaki is alone at home.”

Even the goddess of another Familia didn’t believe in Riveria’s group landing a hit on Aimi. Rather than underestimating Riveria, Hephaestus had a firm belief in Aimi. She was Asahi’s lover, the man who beat her in the art of creation in his first attempt. He was a monster among monsters. His lover was one of a kind monster slayer.

Asahi appeared in the distance with the goddesses, where Astraea scrolled through her phone outside a tent. The fine couch, the gorgeous goddess, and the bright phone in her hand were like foreign entities in the gritty dungeon environment.

Hephaestus snatched the phone from Astraea and slipped it inside her pocket. Astraea tried to say something but Hephaestus’ sharp-eyed glare put an end to her excuses.

“You have to see your girls there. It’s our duty as their goddesses.”

Astraea sighed and smiled apologetically. “I’m sorry… I was just talking to Lilith about wedding invitations.”

The chat groups created by Asahi became her bane.

“It’s fine.” Hephaestus crossed her arms under chest and sighed. She understood Astraea’s troubles as someone who took care of a fairy daughter of her own. It was hard to focus on work as a Familia Goddess and a blacksmith with Chiaki around. Her current life was tough, but plenty of fun than her old boring life.

Asahi sat beside Astraea and comforted her, while watching Riveria and Finn butt their heads over the better ‘Anti-Aimi’ formation.

“Who is gonna win?” Loki asked as she sat with her back against his side. “Don’t answer. Ya’ll make it anticlimactic.”

“Haha. I also have no clue who will win this fight.”

Only Klyscha knew whether he lied or spoke the truth.

(Rini wants to join. Should I let her in?)

‘Of course.’

The blue-haired maid appeared at once. Her eyes danced with joy as soon as she met his gaze. She jumped at him over the table, and he opened his arms. Her body shrunk in mid-air as she transitioned into her petite form, making the catch easier. She wrapped her arms around his neck and made herself comfortable on his lap.

Rini’s maid dress had shrunk to support her smaller form like a magic spell.

(Her super maid dress adapts to her size and contains various pockets to store kitchen knives. Watch out and don’t get stabbed!)

Asahi winced. “Rini, don’t stab me.”

She tilted her head, looking adorable while doing so. “I’ll stab Onii-san’s enemies. Why would I stab Onii-san? I’m not a yandere like Aimi Nee-chan.”

Loko snickered. “The Demon King of two realms is insecure with kitchen knives. Gahahaha.”

Asahi flicked her forehead before turning to the second source of chuckles. “Fei, do you want spankings?”

Hephaestus coughed and averted her gaze. “My ass became fat after sitting all day. You wouldn’t want to spank it.”

Asahi blinked his eyes. Astraea and Loki showed the same reaction of incredulity. It wasn’t every day Hephaestus cracked jokes, much less one based on her own butt.

“Fei made a butt joke…”

“She called her butt fat. This darn woman.”

Astraea and Loki’s comments made Hephaestus uncomfortable.

Asahi coughed. “I mean, fat butts are best for spanking. They can endure more slaps.”

“...I lied. My butt doesn’t even have any meat. It’s all bones.”

Asahi narrowed his eyes on her butt like a predator, and Hephaestus shivered, getting cold feet.

“I see plenty of meat there.”

“Asahi, please stop with the butt talk,” Astraea whispered. “Let’s focus on the battle.”

“Okay…”

Rini licked his neck from her position. “Onii-san can spank my butt later…”

With her innocent voice and petite form, the promise had a hint of immorality attached to it. He was all for being a degenerate in bed.

(More guests incoming!)

Nao Sakurada made an appearance, holding Ophis by her hand. The soon-to-be teacher greeted Asahi with a wave of her hand and plopped beside Astraea. The brunettes started an idle conversation about Aimi’s strengths and weaknesses.

Meanwhile, Ophis pinned down Rini with her blank gaze. The maid hogged Asahi’s lap to herself. Ophis’ overwhelming intent prompted a head turn from Rini.

“You want to sit here?”

Ophis nodded unceremoniously. “Asahi… mine.”

Loki threw a sidelong glance at the goth loli. “Woah, that’s a bold claim ya made, little goddess.”

Asahi rubbed her head for her kind gesture. “I’ll spoil you later.”

“Un.” Rini hugged Asahi tightly and kissed his cheeks before jumping to the side and pulling out another couch.

Asahi welcomed the dragon loli on his lap. Ophis sniffed his shirt once and furrowed her brows as if she found something wrong with his scent.

“Asahi…” she looked at him with wide eyes, a black aura overflowing from her. “You mated with Ddraig?”

She smelled Ddraig all over him, far more than last time. She was oblivious to many things but the act of mating and reproducing was ingrained in her instincts.

He patted her head. “Yeah, Ruby also proposed to become my mate. You also want to join?”

Loki nudged him. “Smooth like silk.”

“This feels wrong…” Hephaestus whispered. “She looks so young.”

“Ophis is kinda older than us. Will ya deny her happiness ‘cause she looks young?”

Hephaestus couldn’t retort against Loki’s logical but passionate question. She rolled her shoulders and exhaled a frigid breath. She always wanted people to judge her based on her heart. Yet here she was, judging another goddess for their petite frame.

“I’m sorry for being a hypocrite.”

Astraea moved to her right, creating space. Asahi’s telekinesis moved Hephaestus to his side. Astraea reached out and stroked Hephaestus’s hair, followed by Asahi. Her friend and her supposed lover showed flawless teamwork in silently comforting her, warming her heart with their consideration.

Ophis’ frown deepened the more she pondered over Asahi’s proposal. “I like Asahi… Don’t want to mate yet…”

“Oof.” Loki snickered, tilted back her head, and rubbed his head. A cycle of headpats started on the couch. “It’s fine. Ya can cry on my flat chest.”

Asahi pinched Ophis’ soft cheeks without hurting her. “Why?”

“...I want to finish Snake.”

“...”

Favorite if you liked it!

100