Interlude: Dream Wedding
4.7k 14 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After spoiling Gabriel and Sandalphon with his attention, Asahi returned to his palace and knocked on Grayfia’s door.

She sleepily opened the door, her red eyes half open and her long silver hair in disarray. She was wearing a simple nightgown, her porcelain skin blushing slightly in the dim light of the hallway. “My Lord, why are you here?”

She wholeheartedly expected him to spend the entire night with Astraea or Grayfia. Not to mention the silence about his arrival from Klyscha.

“Am I not allowed to spend time with my beautiful wife?” Asahi asked, stepping forward so he could take her chilly hands in his warm ones. “Give me a word, and I’ll go away.”

Grayfia took the wedding as just another day in her life, unlike him who took it as a special day. With the special day came the special night to spend time with her.

Grayfia looked away, a slight flush on her cheeks. “Nobody told you to leave… Did you finish your business with them?”

“Of course. Next is your turn.”

Grayfia nearly rolled her eyes at his request. “Are you ever content, My Lord?”

“How can I control myself with such a beautiful maid?” he smirked. “Shall we have your special, gentle sex today?”

She had refrained from any rough sex after her pregnancy, which was crazy considering her freaky obsession with the submissive maid roleplay in the sheets.

Grayfia bit her lips. “Not today… I’m tired.”

“As you wish. Let’s just sleep.”

Asahi moved closer and kissed the top of her head. He stepped back, taking her hand and tugging it until she followed him into the room. Once there, they simply lay down together, content with cuddling with each other.

Asahi slowly opened his eyes, squinting against the bright morning light filtering through the window. He sat up, taking in the familiar sight of Klyscha's room, and Klyscha carrying a smile. He remembered how Ddraig had smugly left the wedding reception to go meet Tiamat, leaving Klyscha on her own.

With a satisfied smirk, he stretched and got out of bed. He took her hand and pulled her to her feet. “Klyscha, come with me.”

“Huh, where?”

“Just follow me.”

He led her in silence, invoking surprise in the goddess of dreams. Once they stepped through a portal, Klyscha’s eyes widened in surprise.

“When did this get here?”

A castle stood before them, suspended in midair with the star-studded sky as its ceiling. It was the same shimmering grand palace from the Underworld, except it shouldn’t have been in the dream realm.

“Looks sick, right?”

“But how…?”

The goddess stared wide-eyed at Asahi, her lips parted but no words coming out. She thought she knew everything happening around Asahi; this surprise threw her off more than Asahi ever expected.

Seeing the shock on her immaculate features, he couldn't help but feel a sense of victory. “Ruby guided me a little, and I built the rest myself.” He wrapped her small body in his arms. “How can the wedding event be completed without including my first wife?”

Klyscha heaved a sigh before giving a delicate smile. “Did you plan it after I slept?”

“Yup. I know you can sense my thoughts through our bond. I divided the plan between different parts of my conscience. I’m getting really good at Multithreaded Processing.”

“Good enough to fool me.” Klyscha sighed again. “Asahi… I love you.”

“Me too.”

“I love you so much I want to stay like forever, ever and ever. So much that I want to destroy everything, so only two of us remain in this universe.”

He shivered from the possessiveness oozing from her voice. “Klyscha?”

“Hehe, I was joking. Why would I, the most sane and loveliest housewife in all the multiverse, ever do such a heinous thing like destroying everything?”

“You’re scaring me now.”

“Umu. If I ever turned into a psycho yandere, it would be entirely your fault.”

“…”

“Oi, get your asses over here,” Ruby yelled from inside the wedding hall. “I don’t have all day!”

“Why is she here?” Klyscha asked with a sharp voice, her eyes turning hollow. “My love… answer?”

Asahi felt a chill run down his spine as he noticed the change in Klyscha’s expression. Her usually gentle smile twisted into a sinister smirk and her eyes seemed to burn with a maniacal fire, as though his plan triggered some hidden flag and activated Klyscha’s devious yandere mode.

“Ruby here will act as our priest. She has a lot of knowledge about this stuff.”

Klyscha nodded slowly, her gaze softening as the corner of her lips lifted into a tender smile. “It’s only right for Ruby to help my love.”

She followed him to the wedding hall, where Ruby greeted them in a new dress.

“How do you like my new outfit? Fitting for today’s occasion, isn’t it?” 

The dragon goddess switched up her wardrobe for today and ended up going for something a little more provoking — an enticing, downright sinful nun outfit.

“Absolutely gorgeous.”

“Yeah, very pretty.” Klyscha nodded. “I dig the holy and unholy aesthetics.”

“Thanks~. Let’s start the wedding rituals." Ruby looked at Asahi. “Do you accept Klyscha, who will soon be dethroned from the first woman position, as your wife?”

“You skipped some lines in between. And don’t sneak your challenge into the oaths!”

Ruby chuckled. “Don’t pay any mind to the specifics. Do you accept?”

Klyscha completely ignored Ruby and gave him an upturned glance. “My love, accept me…?”

“Ah, she got me distracted.” He cleared his throat and put on a serious expression. “I, Asahi, take you, Klyscha, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.”

Ruby let out an astonished gasp. "Woah! How did you even remember all that crap?"

Klyscha ignored Ruby and leapt into his arms with a delighted squeal. "Yay~! We're officially husband and wife now!"

He turned to Ruby. “Come on now. Give us your blessing.”

“My blessing?” Ruby raised her brow. “I, Ruby, the Apocalypse Dragon, blesses you both with a happy future. I pray that no dragon god comes to your life and steals you from your beloved dream goddess. I pray that no dragon god traps you in a dimension that only can be accessed by her. I pray—”

“Ruby, stop!”

“Okay, seriously. Asahi, do you need help with anything else after this?”

The dragon god was looking to do something instead of just lazing around. His mind drifted but he couldn’t find a fitting task for her. After all, throwing her with Fubuki was no good, since their egos would clash. He also couldn’t let her run amok in the city, or she’d destroy the monsters association before he had his fun with them.

Her spectrum of power didn’t fit in any of the world without breaking something crucial.

“Klyscha, it’s time to create that world with nightmare difficulty.”

Klyscha's gaze lingered on Ruby, her eyes bright and calculating. She curled her lips in a wicked smile. “The dragon god will enjoy the adventure.”

Despite not being able to keep up with the words, Ruby could sense the threat hidden in the dialogue. “Haha, an adventure for me? I’m ready.”

Guess what world will be made for Ruby, the Great Red? Hint: The anime is popular and has dragons as its strongest species.

53