Book 1: Chapter 22: Rose: The Winged Lesson
636 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So what and where do we teach?” Maova asked the principal. Right now we’re in the principal office just an hour before our actual shift.

“You’ll both be in charge of the trainees practicing during the hours you two will teaching, there’s no strict guidelines or anything in particular you have to teach them, just remember that they are knights, not adventurers or mercenaries” He said.

“Okay but where do we train them exactly?” She asked.

“In the training ground of course, it’s near the cafeteria, there’s a path to a wide opening with some room for equipment nearby, if you are not sure as to where it is you can ask other teachers, they should know where it is” He explained.

“I see, any warning or tips?” She asked.

“Remember that discipline is key for them, and that you must train them to be stronger” He said.

“Very well then, guess we’ll get going and such” Maova said.

“Ah, before I forget, every class have their own teachers, so if you need to know anything about the students you can ask them” He said.

“Thanks for the tip” Maova said as she walk out of the room, and I follow suit.

 

#####

 

“So what’s our plan?” I asked as we inspect the armory. It’s just full of training weapons that doesn’t do damage for the most part.

“From the sounds of it we won’t be teaching any specific class, so for all we know we could find her on the very first day of the job or not at all. Like I said before we’ll play it safe and cross the line with enough time pass” She explained. 

“And when we eventually find her?” I said.

“Obviously we can’t just pick her up and leave. I think teleportation will be key here, after I get the ability to warp we’ll use it to escape from here with no one noticing” She said.

“And if you can’t?” I asked.

“Once again, we’ll have to cross the line when it gets there” She replied. Her face look somewhat dissatisfied as she look around the place.

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

“There’s no practice katana around that’s what. Hah… if it comes to this I’ll have to use a regular sword” She said as she pick up a training sword.

“What’s a katana?” I asked.

“It’s a type of sword I used, you probably saw it multiple times already, curved, look somewhat flimsy” She explained. So it’s a sword, but it’s not?

“And what’s the difference?” I asked.

“Well mainly the katana is lighter with sharper edge, while sword is commonly much more bulky and durable, katana is also frail and use less metal than the sword” She explained.

“I have never heard of that type of sword before” I said.

“And probably no one else as well, it’s not that big of a deal though since I mainly use magic anyway” She said as she swing the training sword around.

“So where did you come across this weapon type? A different world perhaps?” I asked, if last night tell me anything she know about a world different from this one.

“You’re right on that, though as to how I know about a different world I’ll explain after this whole thing is over” She replied, looking slightly perplexed as to my guessing.

“Very well” I said as I pick up a training sword as well.

“Let’s go wait outside for the trainees to come” She said as she walk out with me following her.

 

#####

 

“So you’re the two new trainers” A woman, who is a homeroom teacher, said as she look at us. She have reddish brown hair as well as glasses. Right now we’re at the training ground.

“Nice to meet you, and to be more specific she’s my assistant” Maova greeted as she talk about me.

“I see” The woman said.

“So anything in particular about this class I have to know about?” Maova asked.

“Nothing really, they’re good kids if somewhat too excited to prove themselves” The woman replied. 

“I see, well where are they then?” Maova asked as she look around. I didn’t see anyone else beside us here as well.

“Oh, it seems they are taking their time” The homeroom teacher said as she look around for a while.

“Shouldn’t you go look for them?” Maova asked.

“I certainly should, please wait here and sorry for the inconvenience” She said as she walk to go get the students.

“I would have expected more competence than this, from both side” Maova commented. From what I remembered the rule here is more lax to not angered the overbearing parents, those from nobility especially.

“Guess we’ll wait for a while” I said as I playfully swing the sword around.

“How about we spar for a bit? I have never go against you after all” She suggested.

“If that’s what you want, but isn’t the difference in power a bit too big?” I asked.

“What? It’s just a spar, no need to worry” She said looking at me hoping for me to accept, might as well.

“...Then let’s do this” I said as I walk and put some distance between us.

“Ready?” She asked as she bring her sword to her side and hold it there, as if readying to strike at any moment.

“...Yes” I replied.

“Sorry for taking so long I’m here with-”

*Swing* *Clash*

That was fast! The distance between us vanish within an instance. What’s with that technique?

“Impressive for you to block it on your first time seeing the move” Maova said.

“Now is no time for flattery” I replied as I back away from the sword lock.

“True enough, we’ll have enough time for that later” She said as she’s preparing the technique the second time.

*Swing* *Parry*

I managed to parry it this time and push her back a little, but it’s clear she’s going easy on me. I have to go in prevent her from continuing her offense.

*Swing* *Dodge*

She dodge my diagonal slash down from left to right.

*Swing* *Block*

And counter it immediately after with another swing forcing me to take defensive position, she’s certainly more than just a spellcaster.

“What’s wrong? Are you afraid of hurting me or what?” She asked as if taunting me.

“I will get a hit in” I said, backing away again but this time-

*Leap* *Swing*

Jump toward her and swing my sword overhead.

*Parry*

“Gah!” She’s swatting me like it’s nothing-

*Crash* 

“So much for that, I’m sure you’re better than this” Maova said. I stand back up and hold my sword tight in my right hand.

*Dash* *Swing* *Block*

She block my strike like it’s nothing, I’ll just have to continue the assault!

*Swing* *Block* *Swing* *Block*

With each strike she’s backing away little by little. She definitely look overwhelmed.

*Swing* *Block* 

I can do this!

*Swing* *Slash*

With that strike she got knocked back.

“Impressive all things considered” She said not feeling tired or hurt at all.

“Not exactly convincing when you intentionally held back by a large amount” I replied.

“A-Ah you two the students are all here now” The woman suddenly said.

““Hm?”” Both of us let out as we look to see the group of students, many of them look impressed for some reason.

“Everyone, these two are the new trainers for this class” The woman said to them.

“Guess we were a bit too caught up in that” Maova said.

“Certainly” I replied.

 

#####

 

After a bit of introduction it’s time to actually do the job.

“Alright… I think we should have a bit of a warm up first, everyone go get their weapons and met back here quickly” Maova said. Others then walk to get their weapons.

“What are we doing exactly?” I asked not really sure what her plan is.

“Honestly I’m just a clueless as you are, we’re going to wing this okay?” She said.

“If you say so” I replied. I look at the teacher to make sure she didn’t hear that, it seems like she didn’t.

After a while the group came back and everyone ready with their equipment. Many use swords, some use spears, and a few use axes and staffs.

“Now then, before we start… do any of you want to spar with me or my assistant here?” She asked, it seems like she’s asking this to stall for time and give her a room to breath. Considering their eagerness I wouldn’t be surprise if a few will try to fight her even if it’s a lost cause.

“Me!” One boy said while raising his hand.

“I’ll fight as well!” Another said.

“I will!” Another said.

Seems like there’ll be many people eager to fight huh. Maova is probably thinking about how great the situation is since she basically don’t have to teach or come up with any lesson plan. It’s convenient for me as well since I don’t have to assist her in coming up with anything, and my experience as a teacher is an absolute zero.

“Okay then, whoever wants to fight me come over here, anyone wants to fight my assistant here go over there, as for others you can either watch and observe us or train amongst yourselves, however there will be no slacking off” Maova said, and three group of people are formed, one group on Maova’s side to my left, one on mine right in front of me, and other people elsewhere.

“Make sure to give us some space as well, if you want to get the most out these session” Maova said, and people began backing away leaving a room for two people to clash.

“Rosia, you go first and pick someone to fight” Maova said while looking at me. Who to choose…

“Well then, that girl with a sword over there, come here” I said pointing my training sword at the girl back in line of people wanting to face me.

“Y-Yes!” The girl replied while walking forward, she’s very meek looking and not at all impressive, regular brown hair and eyes. Many people are eyeing on us right now and some move in closer.

“To warn everyone one last time, give the participants their space to spar” Maova said glaring at anyone dare to disrupt the match, they all immediately backed out. Her intimidating look just now definitely worthy of a Demon Lord title if I say so myself, if it’s the only part of her worthy of the title so far aside from her power.

“Alright, both side ready your weapon...” Maova said as the girl grip tight onto the training sword.

“Go!” Maova said out loud. 

“Haaa!” The girl let out while-

*Swing* *Parry*

Swinging her sword that get parried without any effort, her blade slip out of her hand and onto the ground due to the difference in strength.

“Can you keep going I wonder” I said pointing my sword at her, she tighten her resolve and pick up her sword and once again charging straight at me.

*Swing* *Parry*

Once again her swing is parried and her blade once again slip out. She then take a while to recover her sword and get in a good fighting stance. Once again she charge at me ready to take a swing.

*Swing* *Parry*

But this time I didn’t get to do it, Maova stepped in looking rather disappointed doing my job for me.

“You lose your blade twice, if this is the real battlefield you’ll be dead many times over, you never change your approach despite it not working, composure all over the place, if you can’t improve then don’t bother fighting, willpower is important but without anything to back it up you’re worthless” Maova commented sounding very strict and threatening, then walk back giving her a stern look. The girl heard then look rather disheartened. How come she’s most like the Demon Lord during a lesson of all things? Well it’s none of my concern.

“You heard her, get out and let others get a shot in. She’s not wrong so no point in arguing, just get out and better yourself” I said to the girl. She then walk back looking rather sad. Everyone is silent at the spectacle.

“Okay then, now which one of you want to face me again?” Maova said changing her tone back to the usual. She then look around and spotted someone.

“Well you seem pretty eager, come here” She said as she point at the boy in the back. She look friendly right now but who knows when she’ll act out like that again.

 

#####

 

“Your posture is off, react way too slowly, cannot see the obvious opening in your overhead strike. You might be an improvement over the girl but you’re still weak and unskilled. Get out.” Maova said harshly to the boy kneeling down exhausted and in pain from the strike Maova inflicted on him for being so defenseless.

“You heard her, now anyone else want to take a shot at her or I?” I asked. No one reacted to that. No one really dared to fight either of us anymore, so much for that.

 

#####

 

“What you said to them is correct, but is it right to say it like that?” I asked. Right now we’re actually in the cafeteria and sit down for a meal, it was lukewarm to be blunt.

“Better this than them not knowing anything at all” She replied.

“Where did you learn to be such a harsh critic anyway?” I asked.

“My mother is just naturally blunt when saying anything at all, both the good and the bad” She explained. Mother, despite her nature it seems she got a workable parent at least, unlike me.

“How about I introduce you to her some time after this?” Maova bring up.

“That’s fine, but we’ll have to deal with our problem at the moment as well” I said.

“Don’t worry I won’t forgot something so important” She replied.

“Anyway our schedule after this is still training right?” I asked.

“Indeed, you can take your time off and go other stuff, might find her sooner if we split up” She purposed.

“If you insist” I said.

“Speaking of which is there anywhere she might be at?” Maova asked.

“Perhaps the library, I was there a few times and maybe she’ll do the same? That’s the best I got” I replied.

“If it’s the best we got then you should go there now, no time better than the present” She said.

“Is it really fine for me to go off on my own? Are you sure you can teach on your own” I asked.

“I’ll winged it again and again, that’s my plan” She replied.

“...Then I’ll go off and search for her then, even if she’s not here right now maybe there’s a clue somewhere” I said as I stand up.

“Good luck with that” Maova said.

“Thanks” I replied as I walk to my next destination.

22