Skills
726 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Morning.....

Ah, it's not morning?"

 He woke up in the middle of the night in complete darkness , except a soft silver light coming from the window. He was feeling all relaxed and energetic so he was not able to stay in one place with all the pent up energy.

"It seems it's night time, so I can't go out of the crater right now. It seems now is the perfect time to learn some skills ,but first I have to eat."

 He went to the fridge and ate all that was left in it, which was not much, and washed it down with some water. He then just Igrabbed his makeshift spear and went out.

"Wow...

As soon as he did he was faced with the biggest full moon he had ever seen. It looked so big and so bright that you couldn’t really look straight into it for too long. Looking at that marvellous moon made him think how insignificant he really was in the great scheme of things and about how his parent, relatives and friends would probably never see him again. A lone tear fell slowly down his face but he did not let it fall to the ground and wiped it of with his sleeve.

‘ I have to look at the positive side. Even if I am far from my comfy life, this is a new world with new opportunities and adventure. Maybe it wont be so bad here after all?'

After he regained his composure he was ready to start learning some skills.

....

The way of learning skills was a little different, because to learn skills you had not only to use the energy inside the blue gem , but also use your soul and brain. When you wanted to learn some skill for example running, you had to first start running and while doing so, will the energy to move towards the brain and your soul at the same time. When you did that, with the soul as an intermediate, the brain would start to optimise and improve the way that you were running making you run faster and more efficiently. The brain was the hardware, the soul the software and the energy from the gem the power source.

When you did that and the brain finished its optimization of the skill, a slight change would start to happen to the muscles .They would start to convulse, stretch and contort rapidly, until they were more used to the type of movement that was required to run, in turn creating muscle memory.

" For my first skill I it's best if it could  be an attack one. " 

He took the spear with both hands, held it tightly and started thrusting repeatedly with all his strength .

" HAAHT  HAAHT HAAHT HAAHT HAAHT HAAHT.....

While he started thrusting his spear he willed the energy inside the gem to move towards his soul and mind. Immediately the energy started decreasing, his mind went blank and he started thrusting absentmindedly.

" HAAHT  HAAHT HAAHT HAAHT HAAHT HAAHT.....huh? Why are head and my arms burning?"

He regained his consciousness after some time only to find that his brain and muscles hurt like hell. It seemed like it had been doing tens of pushups and also been up learning for an exam all night long, at the same time.

"Does that mean that I have already learned the skill?"

He dismissed all the tiredness he was feeling and checked his status page to find a new addition to it

Skills

1

Thrust lv 1

Lounge forward with any type of pointed weapon to cause maximum damage.

 

He smiled .

" This was the first skill I learned in this world, but far from the last."

He looked at the skill once again in glee. 

" Even if the description doesn't sound that awesome it is  a very practical skill to have .After I rest for a while I'll started to learn other skills."

.....

"Huaaa, I'm exhausted! I thought that this would be easier, but....

He looked at his interface ad saw that in two hours he had learned another three skills.

"Hehehe...

Side Sweep lv1

Move your weapon in a large ark horizontally in front of you for maximum AOE damage.

 

Downwards Strike lv1

Move your weapon in a large ark vertically down in front of you for maximum damage.

 

Side Roll lv1

Roll in the ground to avoid any attack coming your way.

 

He was pleased with his achievements and couldn’t wait to try them, but first he had to wait for sunrise.

17