Making Friends 1
557 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After what happened that day he become more alert about his surroundings and decided to start building some sort of fence around the house to prevent any intruder from coming in.

He didn't have any real experience in building a fence ,  but what he was going to do was not that complicated. 

" This may be a little tedious, but I'll learn the old way, through trial and error.

First I'm  going to get some thick branches from the trees , shape them nicely into poles 2 meters tall  with both ends pointed and position them 1 meter apart. Then I'm going to get a type of vine that grew around some trees in the forest and transplant them to become part of my fence."

The vines he had choosen to use were very strong and not damaged very easily, but most important was that they had thorns as long as 5 cm deterring any would be intruders. The vines would then grow to fill the gaps between each pole essentially creating a completely functional barbed wire fence.

 Other than that , one day after taking a shit in the backyard hr discovered that it was filled with hollow husks of dead insects, which looked like they had all been drained. He Iwas surprised because he hadn't really tried to absorb any type of insect in the backyard so he became perturbed at first, but the answer was right in front of his face.

The orange.

The orange had almost completely recovered its former lush, crown of leaves. He initially thought that the orange recovering so fast was because of the quality of the environment in this new world , but that seemed  to not to be the case. After some thinking and some experiments he came to the conclusion that  orange seemed to have also inherited the same power as him to drain organic life of their nutrient to recover and enhance itself.

" This is good because the orange did not  only remove the pesky insects, but when it was time and it bore fruit it would definitely be worth it.  If the oranges abilities were as same as mine then, when it couldn’t  absorb any more energy it would definitely store it somewhere and that somewhere was its fruits.It's fruits would become like the blood marble that I had found before, helping me greatly in improving my stats but also serve for healing my injuries when I needed."

......

  The river was now his daily hunting place where he would go and hunt fish to absorb as much energy as possible from them. Every day he would get better and better at hunting them that he had to move upstream because after repeated hunting in the same spot the population of fish had decreased greatly.

The place he was fishing now was deeper than the previous one at its deepest about 7 m.Here the same tactic wouldn’t work caching the fish and that's why he changed his way of fishing.

He firstly took an ugly sweater that his grandma had knitted him for the holidays and unknotted it. He then cut the string of wool into three equal sized strings and twirled them together to make something similar to a rope. Then he with a lot of difficulty fashioned a hook from some of the scrap metals that had been unearthed by the crash of the blue sphere.

For bait he attached some of the insect husks to the hook. Then, for the final piece, a sturdy but flexible branch that wouldn’t easily break, and voila a fishing rod.

It may not look that much, but this bad boy definitely worked. Although the wool was not that strong and also if the branch suddenly broke all his efforts would be in vain, but he wasn't going to fish the normal way. When he caught a fish with his improvised fishing rod je did not pull it  all the way to the bank , but when he felt that something had bit the hook he would dive straight into the river with the spear following the line to where the fish was.

When he approached the fish he would simply stab and kill it. It clearly was not as efficient as before but the quantity of fish he caught everyday was still around 15.

  While the fishing was going okay he was still worried about the accident with the stolen javelin. After he started to pay more close attention to the surroundings he discovered something was following me from afar. It was keeping it's distance and didn't seem to be hostile but only curious. 

It observed him every day from atop the trees without making any moves since that day when it stole my javelin so he came to the conclusion that it was  definitely an intelligent creature. How intelligent it was he didn't really know  but he really wanted to befriend it, so every day before he went back he left  behind a fish and some fruit for it.

' If I  gain its trust I would surely be able to gain some information I desperately need.'

16