Worldview
525 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as he selected ‘yes’ he could immediately feel something had changed.In his soul where the blue gem resided, now was an opening.  It was like a door that seemingly took you nowhere, but he could definitely feel that it was connected to something.

"What is this? A door in my soul....the soul link!"

As I was gazing at the door, something that could only be described as ‘pure will’  was transmitted through .It then transformed into words or more precise 'meaning'.

Those words were not in a language transmitted by sound but something entirely different, something ethereal . It felt to him like an old memory that had just resurfaced from the depths of his mind and not something you grasped just now. It was truly bizarre ,but also amazing at the same time.

He tried focusing on it, and I immediately understood  what it meant. It was a message from the wounded monkey.

“Can you hear me now?”

He was  surprised by this sudden event, but not wanting to sound desperate he dryly answered.

“Yes I do.”

“Good, because I was getting really tired of you not understanding what I was saying.”

Nick smiled in embarrassment.

“Well, you didn't understand what I was saying either.”

“Well that’s true but ..”

Not letting this useless back and forth continues any longer he decided to get straight to the point.

“Why did you come here and why did you steal my javelin?”

The monkey went silent for a moment, seemingly thinking.After about a minute of thinking he finally answered.

“I was attacked by something while I was looking for food in the forest.  As soon as I saw it  I ran , but it started to chase me relentlessly through the forest until it eventually caught up , forcing me into an inevitable fight.

I tried to fight it but it was futile.  I tried intimidating it with this (javelin) I borrowed from you only to end up wounded in my left arm. I then just abandoned the fight and ran as fast as I could towards a place I knew it wouldn’t follow me.

Here.”

 

“ Here? Why wouldn’t he follow you here?”

“It is because of an accident that happened about 40 light cycles ago.”

Jack interrupted it a little confused.

“You mean days?”

 

“Is that what you call them?  Well it doesn’t matter.It happened about 40 days ago. A loud noise was heard in the distance which was immediately followed by the earth shaking.

It was felt all over the forest.

The loud noise and tremors scared all the forest creatures making them go into a panic that  led to a huge stampede where a lot of creatures perished. Since that day, the place where the noise had come from became a part of the forest few creatures dared to step foot into, afraid of encountering the creature that caused that noise.”

 The story that the monkey coincided with what had really happened, but Nick still needed more information so je kept asking questions.

“If you knew that this was a dangerous place why did you come here, don’t you have another  place you can hide?”

“I was injured and tiered. I wouldn’t  have been able to evade it any longer, so I decided to take a gamble and came here.” 

 Nick didn’t really know if what the monkey was saying was the truth or not, but it didn't really matter. He now had someone to talk and ask  the questions  I needed answered .

He was really a godsend.

Jack continued to ask question after question until the monkey was exhausted and couldn’t communicate anymore, but that was okay, because it wasn't going anywhere with those wounds.

.....

The questions he asked the monkey where all over the place as if seeming to grasp what it knew, but he did that in order to confuse the monkey making it not know what he  really was after.

 Information about this world.

 

 From those questions he learned three important things.

1. This was a planet named Itoka by its inhabitants , which according to the monkey translated to The Land of the Ancients. It was a planet populated by a diverse array of creatures of which quite a number of them were intelligent.  Two of the most prominent were the Nedja (the human equivalent in this world) and the Psesis (mostly humanoid creatures with beast like traits).

 

2.  It was a really big planet, definitely bigger than earth if I could trust the monkey’s words. It was  mostly an unexplored world full of unknown danger. Its land mass consisted of three big continents two of which were connected by land for the most part, while the other was far away from the other two separated by endless oceans.

 3.   Its technological development was not  that really advanced, about the level of XVI century earth making them sound very backwards in comparison to earths inhabitants, but they had something else earth didn't really have except for in fantasy novels and that was ...

 "MAGIC!”

16