Learning
545 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the monkey left Nick just continued with his daily routine. Wake up early, eat breakfast, prepare the gear, fish in the river, return, eat lunch, rest, train his ass of and sleep.This was his daily routine. In a nutshell it was  boring as hell.

The monkey came every day after he had had his lunch nap. Nic would ask it about different things like geography, the races inhabiting this planet, culture, tradition, religion and meditation, but not anything personal. He was a smart monkey, smarter than the average human in this world for sure. Its knowledge of this world was inconsistent with what a monkey, even an intelligent one would know.

From one of meetings Nick learned that the place he was currently located was called The Forest  of Hundred Perils. It was situated in west of the continent  called Linajj Ash . It was one of the two continents connected by land with each other.

The continent was filled with fertile lands suitable for most types of crops and abundant underground  resources to last it for a long time, but it had one big problem.

It was at war.

It was not at war for a short time no, it was at war for at least 60 years (heavenly cycles) according to the monkey.  The continent was at war for so long with enemies inside the continent, but also from its neighbouring one. All this war that ravaged the continent had left it fragile, only a shadow of its former self, but this was just the tip of the iceberg.

20 years ago the emperor of one of the three empires that reigned in this continent waged war with all its forces with one of the empires of the other continent and failed miserably. Not wanting to take this fat L the emperor built a huge summoning array to call forth creatures from the plane of Mono, a plane of existence where nightmarish creatures resided, to fight for his cause.

At first this plan worked and he pushed his forces almost to the heart of the opposing empire, but it was at that time that all went to shit. Almost all of his closest vassals turned on him when they saw the horrors the creatures the emperor commanded inflicted upon their opponents but also towards their own forces. They just killed and ate everything in their path leaving behind only scorched earth.

They gathered all the troops that had gotten fed up with the current emperor and orchestrated a coup d'état. After a long year struggle the emperor was killed and the war ended   leaving place to an even more horrible disaster. 

With the emperor dead the vassals started fighting each other for the throne bringing even more death and destruction upon the land that lasted two more years until the victor was finally decided , earning for himself everything that the previous  emperor possessed ,including his  riches , land , authority even his unstoppable  army of monstrous creatures.

The new emperor was selected, but he knew he was not strong enough to hold the throne with his meagre power, and that’s why he as the previous emperor turned his hopes towards his monster army which backfired on him completely. You see, when the previous emperor was still alive and kicking, knowing that he would be defeated soon he left a nasty surprise for whoever came after his array. He knowing well that his successor would covet his summoned army he left behind a hidden self-destruct order in the array so when someone tried to activate it, it would just explode taking along with it everything in its vicinity and as predicted the array exploded, killing the new emperor and also sealing the fate of the empire forever.

The explosion created a hole in space-time making the foul energy of the world of Mono pour into this one, infecting every living creature it touched turning them into something other than human. Also, without someone to command them anymore the summoned creatures just scattered to the four sides of the empire wrecking havoc everywhere. Now that destroyed empire was a land of only death and misery no human dared to tread.

.....

 ' According to the monkey that empire was situated to the east of our current position, 25 days away on foot. To the west of our position was The Hundred Spine Mountain Range which strched for thousands of kilometres seemingly never ending. If you passed the mountain range you would cross to the territory of one of the other empires of this continent the Eternal Light Empire.

To the south there was the Eversilent  Marsh that few creatures have seen it with their eyes and lived to tell stories of its horrors.

To the north were situated  The Trinity Lakes ,three great lakes that were connected together by  a big number of rivers and in the centre of thee lakes stood the last of the empires that ruled this continent The  Elanor Empire.

 

17