New Dwelling 3
221 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let me say it again.

Did you or did you not send two people to follow us after we finished our business?"

Faley was taken aback by such accusations and remained silent for a moment.

“No, I did not do such a thing."

"I guessed that much.

So the only other option is that someone that knew of our meeting put a tail on me and Munnji. Then, do you have any idea who it might be seeing that I have just arrived in this city and I don't have enemies."

Faley's face fell while Gale who was at the side became angry and was a hair's breath away from pouncing at me.

"Gale, stop.

Is this how you treat our guest?"

"Sorry Mr Faley, but what he is implying....

"Whoa whoa, I didn't mention any names or are you really somehow involved?"

*Sigh*

"Of course not, but I will find out who sent those people after you."

"Well it doesn't really matter to me now but if you find any information don't hesitate to contact me."

“Certainly. 

Also, seeing that you knew that you were being followed can you tell me an accurate description of them?"

I smiled slightly.

"No need to find the two that followed me yesterday. They have been taken care of."

 

"What do you mean by that?"

“Simple. They are dead."

“Dead? 

Did you kill them?"

“What do you think?”

One second, two seconds, twenty seconds. Faley remained silent supposedly thinking about what I just said.

“Did anyone see you when... you know?"

"Of course not! 

 I captured them firstly to be interrogated but they refused so I didn't have any other use for them."

*sigh*

"I understand. This has turned into a complicated situation but don't worry I will handle it as soon as possible”

Faley then handed me the documents of the ownership of my new house before seeing me out.

....

"Sir, I don't like where this is going. Your opponents are starting to take more drastic measures, that including tailing your business partners."

“I know, but I can't do anything about it right now. If I crush one of the snake's heads the other heads will take that opportunity to gang up on me and annihilate me for good. Not even my bones will be left so for now it's better to be on the defensive."

"But...

"There is no but. If we want to be safe, for now we have to remain calm and collected and not go head first into a battle we don't know if we will win."

.....

After leaving the restaurant I headed for outside the city where my new house was.

I hasten my step during the way and was able to arrive there in about an hour.

*step* *step* *step*

I arrived at the gate of a one storied mansion. The house I had bought was not small at all. It had the space to accommodate 20 people at any time. The mansion also had a huge garden with statues of different animals and people but they had been neglected and not in any good shape.

I approached the iron gate of the mansion and tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. I contemplated on jumping over it but just as I was about to do so an old horse voice sounded from inside.

“What are you doing here, this is private property. If you are thinking of stealing anything from inside you are out of luck because this mansion is empty, so I suggest you go back the way you came from."

The one who spoke was a tall old man in his 70s that held in his right hand a sickle. He had a full head of white hair that were combed to one side, grey eyes and a face filled with wrinkles. He was standing 30 meters away from me.

I was a little surprised at first because Faley told me that the mansion was deserted and no one lived there but that seemed not to be the truth.

"I am the new owner of this mansion Nicolas Hunter and you are trespassing in my property without my permission, so how about you give me an explanation why are you here?"

“You are the new owner?!

Prove it or get out of here."

“Oh, daring aren't we! 

No matter, here are the documents of my ownership of this mansion."

I held the documents in my hand and waved then to the old man. He looked at them from afar but clearly he couldn't read them from that distance so he approached the gate.

He took them from my hand and read them carefully before handing them to me again, this time more respectfully.

He bowed. 

“I am sorry for the harsh attitude, but there have been some unsavoury visitors since the late master of this mansion disappeared, so I hope you understand."

"Nope, I don't understand at all. Who are you again?"

"I am or was the housekeeper of this mansion when she was still in use. 

After the master's disappearance the mansion was neglected so I voluntarily come and clean what I can so as to not abandon it completely."

“I see."

7