New Life 3
211 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After talking to Girg about my intention to by raw iron ore he advised me to by only a little bit of what I had really intended at first so as to not make me seem suspicious or more likely , desperate. 

He said that if the seller new that I was willing to fork out that much money in such amount of time he would definitely rise the price, so I did as he said and only bought 300 kg of iron ore.

The supplier was an old friend of his former employer and his job was a prison warden. You may ask what kind of connection a prison warden have with me buying all that iron ore but there is totally a connection.

You see the prison that he runs is close to a mine and that mine had rich iron deposit among other metals. Like any prison they put the prisoners to work for most of the day and the mine was the most popular spot. The prisoners mined there for at least 10 hours a day in inhuman conditions and don't even mention safety measures. People died there everyday mining for the empire but the warden wanted a piece of the pie also so he sold a little of the most expensive metals or gems that were mined making a small fortune for himself.

All was well for the warden until last year when the new deputy warden came to work there. He was young, strict and loyal as a dog to the empire so the wardens plans were no longer going well. He stuck his nose everywhere making the prisoners afraid to get caught, because if they got caught let's say that death was preferable.

The warden considered getting rid of this thorn on his side, but he found out that the new deputy warden was the nephew of someone with considerable power and position so he gave up on that idea.

After a while he gave up on taking small amounts of precious metals and gems but he still wanted to make some money. Besides the precious metals and gems there was a big amount of iron ore but in it's unprocessed state iron ore was not very valuable.

He looked for a way to sell all the excess amount of ore but he found no solution until someone he new contacted him in order to by some iron ore . 

 .....

After I bought the ore I now had  to find the equipment to process it.  Luckily one of the new employee's of the mansion had an uncle that was a blacksmith. 

His uncle had now grown old and could not continue to work anymore so he had decided to retire and sell his shop and equipment.

I of course jumped at the opportunity and hired him as someone who could teach us the right way to process and forge the iron.

.... 

One week later.

"Haht *bang* haht *bang* haht

I was crushing a big pile of medium sized rocks into smaller rocks with a big ass water hammer that I had formed with elemental energy.

I continued the process until the rocks had more or less a diameter of less than 0.5mm.

Then I  handed the pile of crushed rocks to Munnji who crushed the rocks some more until they were powder.

After three hours of work we had crushed all the iron ore into powder. Then Munnji proceed took remove a good amount of non metal powder from the pile until there was less than half, but we were not done yet. 

I then conjured a big amount of water ,big enough to cover the remaining amount of sand. I mixed the water with the sand and made it into the shape of a cylinder. Then I rotated the mixture of sand and water in a high speed for about 30 seconds until I started to reduce the speed gradually. This made the iron sand fall to the bottom faster than the sand of other things as iron was heavier.

After that the amount was reduced again by half.

 

 Then as the blacksmith taught us we mixed the remaining sand with some other thing before putting it into a huge furnace that Munnji created especially for this.

We melted the mixture and out of it we got the next step in the process, pig iron. We then blew air into the furnace for a while as the blacksmith instructed us before pouring the molten iron into ingots. We then hammered those ingot's before the cooled of making the iron more pure as a result.

Finally we melted the ingots again before pouring them this time in a very wide(5×5 m ) and shallow(1 cm ) mold that Munnji created and then let it cool of completely.

" So now what are you going to do, eh Nic? Why didn't we pour all this iron into sword shape molds?"

"Well, you are about to find out."

A gathered a  considerable amount of water to my left hand and molded it into a thin line before blasting it forward in incredible speed at the now cooled sheet of iron.

I had basically created a water jet.

 

Water Jet lv4 Create a thin steady stream of water by moving the water in one direction and high speed to create huge pinpoint damage.

This was a new skill I had created during the week and finally it was it's time to shine.

I slowly cut the metal sheet with the water jet into the form of a sword.

 

 

 

 

7