Enemy at the doorstep 2
141 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fu*k.

If what you are saying is true then Palos city will become a bloody battlefield."

"Yes. I wish I didn't come to this conclusion but for now it seems like the most plausible one."

"Okay, I'm somewhat willing to except your explanation but you forget one crucial problem.

How are they going to attack us because there is no way that they could pass the 50000 strong army just to come here. That wouldn't be a good strategy for attack."

"I don't know the way that they will attack us but I'm sure they will attack Palos city."

*Silence*

The bird was not for nothing. It was sent here with a purpose. It was scouting around the mansion for something and us discovering it was unintentional.

'What was it looking for here at the mansion? Why here?'

I couldn't find an answer.

'Was it because noticed our strength?

No, even though I and Munnji were strong enough we still didn't require that sort of attention, so what was it?'

I looked all around trying to gain any insight, but nothing.

Faley left the mansion bit I still was sitting there on the table think.

*tap* *tap*

"Hm....

I was Girg who tapped on my shoulder.

"You have been out here thinking about something for more than two hours, so how about some refreshments?"

He then put down a cup of cold fruit juice before standing to the side.

"Girg to tell the truth I'm lucky to have found someone as skilled as you. Your previous employer must have been very happy, until he disappeared  hahahahaha haha ha h.....

*Crash*

I violently stood up and turned the table upside down in the process.

*Glance*

"Girg your previous employer was an artifacts buyer and seller ,is that correct?"

"Yes.

He was also quite a collector of many artifacts of different origins."

' I think I'm on to something.'

"Do you remember before his disappearance did he by or sell any artifact that cought your attention."

"Hmmm... right before he disappeared you say?

I'm not totally sure but I think that he bought quite an exquisite bronze mirror. He was very happy when he acquired it."

"Do you remember the seller of the mirror?"

*Shake* *Shake*

"I'm sorry I don't know that, but I'm sure that t you'll find out if you find the purchase receipt."

"Receipt! How can I find it."

"All transactions concerning artifacts are recorded in the city hall for documentation purposes."

"Prepare me a carriage as fast as possible and in the meantime you gather everyone and everything you can and go to the city."

"Why?"

"Don't ask questions, just do it."

.....

30 minutes later at city hall.

 

"Do you have the information of the purchase of an ancient bronze mirror a couple of years ago?"

"I'm sorry sir that information is classified. I can't let you know anything about it."

"Okay then."

I turned around and took two golden coins and then turned around again.

"How about now?"

I pushed towards the man that was at one of the front desks.

He threw a glance at the coins on the counter and with a swift motion that was practiced many times swiped them towards him.

"Certainly.

Please fill this form before going in the archive."

I filled the form and then he gave me a slip of paper allowing me to enter the archives undisturbed.

....

I walked along a hallway until I arrived at a guarded gate. The one guarding it was an elementalist but he didn't even acknowledge me when he saw the slip of paper that I had in my hand.

*flap flap flap*

Pages after pages were turned constantly trying to find the records of the purchase and after one hour I found it.

The record had the name of the buyer but the sellers name was scratched off.

'This is something.'

I continued to search for any other information but found nothing but only a description of the object that was sold.

I memorised the contents and then went of on my way.

On my way out I saw the guard standing there alone with a bored look on his face.

"Hey there can you help me with something?"

*Silence*

"Hey do you hear me?"

*Silence*

The guard seemed to be ignoring me.

'Fu*king * inhale* *exhale*.

This is not the time to get in trouble but ....

*Swish*

A big wave of elemental energy washed over the bored guard and that immediately got his attention. He turned towards me.

"Hey can I ask you something?"

"Yes!?"

"Great, do you know anything about artifacts like this one?"

I then continued to explain to the guard about it but again no luck.

"*Sigh* Sorry to disturb you.

Goodbye."

"Wait."

As I was leaving the guard stopped me in my tracks.

"Is something the problem?"

"No but I remembered something. The character that you described , the one that was carved on the back of the mirror.

It means something like door or gate,or something similar."

"Gate?"

*Shiver*

A cold shiver traveled from the bottom of my spine to the top of my skull.

 

 

5