Brute Force 3
78 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You there.

State your purpose for breaking into the military camp so brazenly."

The commander shouted at the kneeling figure. 

*Schwing* *Schwing*

The other two knights affiliated with the church also unsheathed their swords and pointed them at kneeling figure.

*Phew*

The soldiers gave a sigh of relief. With the commander being a second stage Earth Elementalist and the two paladins of the church that just arrived there wasn't a need for them to fight against the kneeling man anymore.

....

A paladin is just a knight that was trained by the church that served the church unlike the other knights who served their own families and the emperor.

....

One of the paladins had the triangle on their breastplate on a white color and the other in a gold color.

The colours represented their strength. A paladin with a white mark was a 1st stage elementlist,one with a gold mark was a 2nd stage elementlist and one with a silver mark was a 3rd stage elementlist.

......

"Hah...hah..hah..

The man was clearly tiered judging from his breathing which was deep and rapid.

*Glance*

The man managed to catch his breath after sometime and raised his head, but while he was filling his lungs with oxygen he had been surrounded by the commander and the paladins. 

"Tsss...

' What a heavy murderous intent. It's almost as if I'm fighting a wild prehistoric bloodthirsty animal.'

*Drip* *Drip*

'Huh, what is that at his feet. It's red in colour.'

' The red liquid tha has formed a small pond at his feet is definitely blood. I'm sure that the bloody pond was not there before.'

The two paladins thought that this was strange.

....

The frequent use of  "Water Art: Geyser Step" in such a short amount of time had severely damaged my legs , especially my feet. 

As my "Water Art: Geyser Step's" way of increasing my speed was by decompressing a certain amount of water into my desired direction the propelling force of the water put a certain amount of straight to my legs.

The technique was not a very effective one for normal elementlists as constant use of it would definitely lead to damage of the legs. As elementlists they couldn't use such a counterproductive technique that could leave them immobile in the middle of a fight , but it was perfect for me who was physically stronger then other 2nd stage elementlist and most importantly , my regeneration speed was very very fast.

In the time it took to regain my breath I had already completely recovered.

.....

"Get out of my way."

"Huh...

What are you talking about? You barge in here with such a great killing intent and expect to be allowed to pass?

*Snort*

Just surrender and don't resist, you are outnumbered 3 to 1."

*Frown*

' We have him surrounded but why do I have a bad feeling about this?'

 The commander was putting on a confident facade because of their numerical advantage and because he knew that the man in front of him was only a 2nd stage elementlist, but he felt a sense of unese.

....

Oftentimes people experience a dilemma. They have two choices , but they have to choose between one of them.

In this case they base their choice in experience or knowledge, but what happens when neither experience or knowledge is viable in this situation.

When that happens instincts come into action. 

They are pre-recorded responses towards something that have been ingrained into our very own DNA  as a result of our species survival. That's why we instinctually fear snakes or even the dark.

The habit of our ancestors of staying in a safe place at night and coming out at day because dangerous predators hunted at night and because we couldn't see as well as some other animals in the dark made us instinctually fear the darkness and made us relate it will danger and monsters.

For elementlists this was a bit different.

Elementlists because of their increased senses and the use of elemental energy had developed a sort of sixth sense.

They( elementlists) were very sensitive towards the feelings of another person. Usually they trained their sixth sense to detect ambushes , but with the passage of time they found w that they could detect the feelings/mood of another person . Although this was not that effective or accurate the results were enough.

.....

' Why am I not feeling any worry from him?  Does he not understand the situation?

Also why does he seem familiar?

No, that's imposible. How could someone so stupid become an elementalist and a 2nd stage one at that! '

3