8. Space Magic
511 8 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A long one for today. I think the last chapter got me inspired to write this.

It contain several short explanations, so you won't be completely lost. Not as much comedy in here.

Some of the contents can be a bit offensive.

My first stop was the library.

Since I just want general info, there's no need for the Thieves' Guild.

As I expected, they didn't have books regarding magic—but they have the stuff I need, to plan my next journey.

When I finished acquiring the magic space, I'd probably spend several days cramming all the necessary information.

==

Oh right, you might be wondering if I kicked up some fuss after I purchased the entire merchant's guild.

While he said 'deal'--the guild master end up kicking me out; it garnered several laughs from the staff members.

I'd probably known as that drunk fool who spouts a retarded joke.

Later, he invited me to his office, through a secluded back entrance. To make a long story short, the deal's finished.

Now, the guild's profits will be linked with the System. As such, I could invest my money and transfer a reasonable amount to my inventory.

If I tried taking too much, I couldn't confirm the transaction.

My other reason for seeking the Thieves' Guild had something to do with shutting up related news about me.

...but if they tried so, the world might know I was some big-shot, which would invite troubles.

No matter how well I hid it, a master of information gathering could take anything they want—even my real status.

Though I didn't specifically want to be low-key or high-profile.

I just want to live however I want.

Let's just cross the bridge, when we get there.

For now, I just want to do the things I can, and hope for the best.

==

"I'm sorry, the book concerning Space Magic was out of stock. It wasn't a popular item."

"Do you have any in your personal collection?"

"That one's not for sale."

"Can I just take a look?"

"Well...I'm not particularly interested in Space Magic--it's just there for a reference. If you made sure the book's in good shape, you can borrow it, as long you're staying here."

I nodded.

"Wait a bit, I'm going to my study."

The shopkeeper told his assistant to watch the store, and several minutes later, he came with an old-looking tome.

[Introduction to Space Magic.]

Fixing his round glasses, he added, "This will only account for the general introduction and its basic principles. For the spells, they're not open to the public, since it's dangerous. You need to be a certified Magus to look at the actual spells."

I thanked the shopkeeper and went back to my Inn.

Since I could cast magic through imagination alone, I didn't see any need for spellbooks.

...but for Space Magic, I didn't know where to start.

The concept of 'Space' was something abstract to me. That's why I need some reference.

I tried touching the book with my fingertips—thank goodness there's no system prompt that would consume it.

Though that means I have to rack my brain to learn it.

I hope my poor brain can handle this.

==

Oh, it's easier than I thought.

The System summarized the important points in an easy-to-understand way.

[Space is everywhere; it encompasses everything, but Space itself is finite.

Even the Universe itself had a limit; it's just extremely wide.

To imagine Space, you need to feel it's borders.

Smaller spaces were easier to grasp. Like a small, cramped room, or when you insert your palm to a small container.

As long you had a full grasp of its Area, your space will remain stable.]

It might be hard to concentrate for long, but...

Aha.

[System, how can I use my Inventory as a reference point?]

All I need was something just like Inventory, but time will flow like usual, or probably even slower. It also can store living beings, and alter its contents to my preference.

Somehow, I already finished after staying up all night.

I end up dozing off inside my own space, amidst its green and peaceful field, with a farm that can grow top-grade fruits and vegetables.

When I woke up, the sun already hung high, and the first batch of crops already started to sprout.

I didn't need to water them, nor there will be pests.

Near the field was a modern-styled garden shed. It was fully furnished with kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, PC room, and stuff.

"I think I'm going to stay here and be a NEET forever."

[...and soon will run out of mana from the collapsing space.]

"I don't think so?"

[You have leveled up!]

Though seriously, this space would only consume negligible mana when I was back in the real world.

I could feel my experience points rising slowly, but surely.

To be honest, most of the mana was spent on adding the props and functions to the spac--

"Fuck, I missed the Inn's breakfast."

Just you wait, when I got a housekeeper and steady source of ingredients, I'd have a modern-style hearty meal--thrice a day—plus snacks too!

[Despite being so OP, you sure focus on the most pointless things.]

"Don't look down on food!"

==

Added Stuff

[Owner of a Magical Space]

[So, MC-kun—seeing as you need a housekeeper, why don't you buy a slave? Maybe a beautiful young woman, that way, she could keep you company at night.

It's also nice to have someone to come home to, don't you agree?

It's a lot, lot better than letting them fall into the hands of a rotten noble who'd treat them like trash, abuse and defile them until they died miserably.]

"Might as well tell me to start a slave harem."

[Isn't it a good choice? You're a lonely young man without a woman's touch...]

"I have to say no."

If I didn't save these slaves, there will be other lonely and horny young men and women from Earth, who needs a night embrace. From the opposite sex, the same sex, of both genders, and those without gender.

This kind of wish-fulfillment Isekai will have no shortage of main characters.

If I went to the Adventurer's Guild, I'd be sure to run to at least fifteen of them.

Everyone always went there and cause some havoc.

My little stunt of buying the Merchant's Guild was nothing special.

...but if it involved the Adventurer's Guild, the King would probably invite me personally to fuck his daughter, after I killed the Demon King and made his daughter a sex slave.

It made me think those 'Yuusha-sama' were really, really, a horrible person. If I associate myself with them, I'd probably experience the worst nightmare.

[Your opinion is really biased, but somehow I agree. Sorry for suggesting such things.]

"If I have to pick someone, I don't want a slave."

[You mean, a soulmate? Someone who accepts you as you are?]

"Robots are better."

[You're not a human being.]

"It takes one, to know one."

6