13. Nope
318 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Oh right, I forgot to add this.]

[Learned skill 'Fourth Wall Mastery'!]

I found myself outside of the city walls--I couldn't see nor felt my own body.

A bad-looking guy in black robe greased his palms.

The scene closed on the guy--he's point-blank.

"Found the Necromancer's trace—it lingers on a certain young ma--"

"No."

Before he could finish, I pierced his skull with my spell; doing my best to cloak my mana signature.

He didn't even notice me coming.

[Fourh Wall Mastery has leveled up!]

Wait, what the fuck? Did I just kill a potential enemy on their own screentime? Now that's pretty damn dope.

While I wasn't sure if I could trust that lich—he's much better than this guy.

I couldn't receive experience nor an item drop. I couldn't even put him into my inventory. If the transmutation shop was open, it'd be great.

So...all that's left was destroying the evidence!

I conjured my fire spell. In mere moments, he turned to ashes. I also used wind magic to blew in all directions.

Of course, I still remember to cloak my mana.

==

The scene flashed into a church building. The stale air meant it was deep underground.

It was filled with dim lighting and the followers were stoned as fuck.

It totally gave the unholy cult vibe.

"What, you lost contact with ...? I thought he's supposed to be reporting in the Necromancer's whereabouts."

I censored the name since he's not important to the story.

The one shouting was an old man with myriad wrinkles, you could make a farm outta it. His beard so long, it reached the floor, and his life force felt so damn powerful.

I couldn't even appraise his status—I wasn't confident to instantly kill him.

If I killed his henchmen and destroyed his building; he'd definitely be alert and notice me.

What I need was information. Seeing as they're hiding underground, they might be a wanted organization.

"No, High Priest. Just as he's about to contact us, his channel was cut off; his last location was the forest near ... city."

"This is trouble, send--"

No.

Since that line would signal a scene transition, I decided to just nuke the entire church.

I couldn't see my status screen, nor my mana amount—it's free real estate.

No need to bother concealing them, if they're going to hunt me down—let them come.

...but not without paying the highest price.

I condensed the most mana I could until the High Priest started to panic. That's how I finally felt confident—this is it.

As I detonated it up close—the scene changed into a giant mushroom cloud, on the distance.

There was various notification of [Fourth Wall Mastery] leveling up. One of its abilities were [Plot Armor Breaker].

Some of the villains in the novels were like cockroaches. No matter how hard you tried killing them, they would always rise up, just to make the story unnecessarily long.

Just to make sure, I fired another explosion at the mushroom, to seal their fate, once and for all.

==

I returned to the prison.

It was right after I talked with the Meme Necromancer.

Just to make sure, I erased all of his presence on me. I also persuaded the guard, to let me take the back entrance.

Thank goodness, I didn't see nor felt anyone tailing me.

Sometime later, I heard about a massive twin explosion in some barren land.

I was like, so what?

==

Learned Skills

[Fourth Wall Mastery] => [Plot Armor Breaker]

[I guess the Author wouldn't bother writing about the villains since you'd probably kill them all.]

"Fine by me. I always hated the Church chapters on that novel."

[...but don't you think this will make the story boring?]

"If you don't want me to fire it, don't give me a gun."

This took a while since I'm struggling with my other story on A03.

I decide to go for this twist. It came to me out of blue, and I'd say--why not?

When I think about it, some villains are just so hateful, I wanted them to die the moment they appeared.

Guess I got them, this time.

4