14. Moving On
288 7 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I aimlessly walked the street, looking for Mom.

It's indeed the other world; it felt nothing like home. I was anxious about my steps, and all the unknown dangers beneath.

As such, I returned to my Inn room and checked the bathroom. My makeshift toilet and the cleaned chamber pot was there.

The towel and bucket were untouched.

Not splashing my skin with water would drove me crazy.

I always took a bath in my magical space. It had a shower, bathtub, and sitting toilet + bidet.

Which made me think—I couldn't fully accustom myself in here. Even with magic, I still prefer the convenience of modern life—thank goodness I had both.

I entered my magical space once more.

This place seemed to be much wider. Lots of vacant space, aside from my house and the farm.

The vegetables were fully ripe. I wasn't sure how many days it was—but it's so damn quick.

With a simple thought, everything's transferred to my inventory.

[Congratulations, the Farming Shop is now open!]

[You can sell your crops for tokens, mainly for the upgrades to your magical space.]

Since my trading skill is maxed, wouldn't I bug the shop, if I sold an item?

The value of my crops was decently high. It's starting to feel that I earned my keep.

I guess it's patched. From now on, I need to be smarter in making money.

Fortunately, the Merchant's Guild was still in my hands.

The most expensive upgrade in the store was space expansion, but it's not necessary for me.

My space could expand when I get stronger. I don't need lots of space for now."

I could also buy tons of exotic furniture. They're good to have, but not essential.
I wasn't that big on cosmetics.

There were also blueprints for new buildings, which greatly helps. Since I had poor imagination. I need as much reference as I could.

I could buy seeds, and finally—livestock! Most importantly--I could even hire a caretaker.

Even if I destroyed that church, there's no telling whether it's their main base, or there'd be much more of them.

[I'm betting on the latter option.]

"I thought the same."

I'd steer clear from necromancy until I was sure about the risks.

I still need to sell a few more crops, before I could afford the cheapest one.

Their grades range from E-rank to SSS-rank. The stocks are limited as well.

I could only get access to the lower ranks for now, but as I sold more products, I'd eventually unlock everything.

It's similar to the transmutation shop.

"Which reminds me, how's it going?"

[Still under maintenance—you really did them good.]

"Any idea when it'd be open?"

[Probably after you settled things down. Anything else you need to do?]

The caretaker was taken care of.

So all that's left...

"It's transport means. I want a way which lets me travel at my own pace, not catching any attention, and safe."

[Why don't you just use the magical space? You already traveled all the way from Earth, right?]

"I couldn't just teleport to somewhere I hadn't been to. Moreover, what I want is just a slow and steady trip."

[Just imagine that you're in some autopilot car. Your System already has the map and display function, check it out.]

A window opened in front of me.

It was my Inn room.

If I willed for it to keep going, I would go through the walls, and across the street.

The sounds were loud as hell, so I muted it.

I slowly made my space go back. While my Inn room decoration was bland, it eased me up.

[In a way, you could use it as an espionage tool—but it's a double-edged sword. If your enemies can invade here, for example.]

"Not if we arm it to the teeth."

[That's not what I mean.

If enemies made their way here, there is no running away. You must crush them with all you got, even if they're gods—or they'd wreak havoc until your space is completely broken down.

...and the consequences won't be pretty.]

"You forgot something—it is my own space--it can be anything I want to. If there's a field I'd have the most advantage of, it's here."

[I like your way of thinking—but we need sufficient preparation.]

"Staying out of trouble, huh?"

While I was deep in thought, my smartphone rang.

It's from Mom.

She's already back on Earth.

It's not because the other world is boring. Just, she forgot to leave Dad a note—he called the police and caused a stir.

Good grief.

[I like how you didn't even bother, on how your Mom got back.]

==

All that's left is just hitting the library.

Exposition time? Fuck no.

I'll just reveal what I learned when it's convenient.

Now, onto the next town.

Finally, we'd be traveling!

[You'll just be sleeping all day, like a lazy bum though.]

Ain't this your idea, in the first place?

[Ah...]

So I decide to tweak the MC, so he wouldn't always be able to solve things the brain-dead way.

He would still be OP as hell though. I just want to make his adventures more fun.

I think we skipped the slave market and the adventurer guild's jokes since the MC said no.

Anyway, I couldn't think of some jokes right now. I might as well move on the plot, rather than forcing it.

I guess I'll try thinking up what would be fun, before making it funny. You can't spell funny without fun, after all.

5