15. Yuuya and Sylvie
398 8 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is just an extra, before we move to the next arc.

I wrote this so I can add more jokes that didn't fit the main story.

I saw a boy with spiky black hair and his cat-eared loli.

The boy had decent adventuring gear, with a greatsword on his back and a bandana. He would occasionally tap the air like a madman.

Ah, this guy's from Earth as well.

The little girl had a collar around her neck; her soft white fur and silver hair had no blemish. Her big blue eyes looked up the young boy expectantly.

She wore a thin leather garb; showing off her petite and frail look.

They walked into the Adventurer's Guild; the loli clung tightly to the boy's shoulders.

"Yuuya-kun...I'm scared."

"Don't worry, Sylvie--have some confidence."

She patted the loli's head and softly ruffled her hair.

"Funyann..."

Her ears and tail twitched; she showed a big, angelic smile.

Ah right, it's a similar thing to when I met the Church people.

Though these people didn't seem to be my enemy or my future companions.

As they entered the guild, I saw several suspicious men in the back alleys.

I couldn't hear their conversation clearly, so I amplified it with magic.

"HAHA! LET'S KIDNAP THAT BEASTKIN GIRL AND SELL HER TO THE SLAVE MARKET."

...but apparently, I set it too loud, which got them arrested for public disturbance.

"I don't know people could talk so loudly. Do they think they're Dragonb*rn or something?"

"Awawawa..."

Yuuya covered his ears from way back, while Sylvie had swirlies on her eyes; she looked like she's about to trip if the boy didn't support her.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes..."

==

"Excuse me, we'd like to register as Adventurers."

The guild's filled with tough-looking people.

The receptionist happened to be one of these macho uncles as well.

"State your name and class." his hoarse, heavy voice seemed to fill the pair's eardrums, causing both to tremble.

"Yuuya, Warrior."

"Sylvie, Hero."

"Puff!"

The adventurers spat their drinks, and the receptionist shook his head.

"Please don't lie. I don't think such a little girl can be a Hero."

What the fuck? I guess the [Hero] class wasn't that uncommon?

"B-but...I'm really..."

The cat loli went all fidgety, and tears start to pour from her eyes.

"She's saying the truth, uncle. If you want, you can use [Appraisal] on her."

"Don't you think I wouldn't know about [Fake Status]?" ignoring the loli's cries, the receptionist gave them a stern look, "If you said once more that she's a [Hero], I'm going to kick you both."

"Ahaha...I guess we didn't have any choice—we're low on cash."

Yuuya rubbed the back of his hair and sighed several times.

"Yuuya, Hero..."

"Sylvie, H-he...Warrior."

"Now that's more like it, welcome to the Adventurer's Guild. Courageous young people are welcome."

It was followed by merry clapping from the adventurers.

"Hey, what's with that sour look?" the receptionist uncle pouted; it's strangely adorable.

"N-nothing..."

That uncle started to explain the basics of the Adventurer's Guild.

You'll start at F-rank. It limits you to take Quests according to your rank.

You can rank up by submitting monster drops and completing Quests.

The higher their rank, the better the reward, and the faster you will rank up.

A small percentage of the total reward will go towards the guild. They call it the 'commission fee'.

The pair thanked this uncle and went to the request board.

From gathering various materials, sewer subjugation, and dungeon exploration.

"Yuuya-kun, it's my fault. If I didn't eat too many sweets, we can have enough for the night."

"Don't worry, we can earn a lot of money. What do you think is a good quest?"

"The ones for F-ranks aren't good. It takes too much time to gather herb, umu."

One of the adventurers overheard their conversation and laughed, "Don't you think about going to the dungeons, unless you have a death wish,:

"Hey, what's your..."

Before Yuuya finished, the muscular guy cried, "I went there with my best buddies...and they...they...uwaaaaaaaah!"

The bearded man beside him patted his shoulders, "There, there..." and he turned at the pair, "On the contrary, I commend you to show off if you had the ability."

Yuuya and Sylvie end up swallowing their saliva.

She whispered at the tall boy, "On second thought, let's just gather herbs."

==

Due to Sylvie's terrible sense of direction, they end up at the dungeon's entrance anyway.

"Waaah...Yuuya-kun, what should we do?"

"Let's clear the dungeon."

"Nn!"

As the pair entered, they were immediately ambushed by a horde of goblins.

Yuuya wielded his greatsword like a rifle.

Laser beams shoot outta his blade; quickly reducing the goblins to light particles.

The rest of the goblins died from shock, as Sylvie pulled a two-meter stick from her crotch.

To make a long story short, they slaughtered the entire dungeon, with incredible gains.

"I don't know someone's mouth could fall that low, it's just like On* Piec*."

==

It's already dark when they gained lots of money.

They booked a room with two single beds.

"Good night, Yuuya-kun."

"You too..."

The sounds of crickets filled the night; both of them were restless.

"Hey, Sylvie...why do we need so much money?"

"So Yuuya-kun can return to Earth. Unlike me, Yuuya-kun has a family waiting at home. I want to save enough, so I can come along."

Aww...

"To be honest, I missed Earth...but I'm not lonely anymore. If you kept smiling for me, I believe I can do anything.

Let's do our best in this world, okay?"

"If Yuuya-kun said so..."

I was torn between sending them to Earth.

So I tried asking them.

...but they're already fast asleep—they look tired as hell.

Oh well.

I think we'll meet again, sooner or later.

Otherwise, the author won't bother adding them to the story.

==

I guess I was wrong, after all.

Some main characters can be pretty nice, or at least decent.

While not everyone will be good, I'm grateful, that I raised flags with the good ones.

...and I was wondering—if I'm the main character, what kind am I?

[You are you, isn't that enough?]

You can't be truer than that, System Imouto.

Alright, I'm going to do my best, as well.

4