16. Travel Ideas
255 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was my last day in this town.

During my stay, I was so damn paranoid.

What if there's someone strong enough that's out for my blood?

Like many Isekai protagonists, I was too hung up on getting stronger, I couldn't even enjoy the world.

[You don't look scared to me.]

I had my last breakfast on the ground floor. As the Innkeeper's daughter brought my dishes, I gave her a small tip.

"Do you know some adventurer named Yuuya and Sylvie?"

I didn't know which town it was.

Isekai towns all look the same to me.

It was all about whose Author had the worst naming sense.

"Hmm...never heard of them, big brother."

I thanked her and this time. Her back looked kinda lonely since I'd be checking out soon.

If Yuuya and Sylvie were in this town, or in nearby ones, rumors might come quickly. Their achievements were 'explosive', after all.

If they're here, I plan to extend my stay for several days—but whatever—I'm not that desperate for companions.

Anyway, I tried enjoying the dish without 'seasoning'.

The bread was quite tasteless and hard, but it tasted alright when I dipped in the soup.

I didn't put sugar, grape extract, or coffee on my ale. While it's mostly like water, the slightly bitter taste, with a tint of heat on my cheeks--it's quite decent.

Come to think of it, I barely even cooked on my own.

When I needed meals, I would just microwave the convenience store bento from my inventory. As usual, food from Earth came with powerful buffs, but since I rarely fought—I just eat at the Inn or buy some snacks from the street stalls.

I would personally prepare the food at night when most establishments were closed.

Even the red-light district wouldn't take customers past a certain hour. Which reminds me, I was too busy—I didn't even have time to visit.

The only open ones were the Church of Light, in case of emergency patients.

Their priests would always be on standby.

When I glanced at them; they weren't even similar in attire, to ones trying to hunt me down.

It didn't mean I will ask their views about necromancy.

Finishing my meal, I brought my tray to the bar

The Innkeeper piled everything on the kitchen hatch, before he turned at me, hoarse and loud:

"Finally checking out, eh?"

"Pops, do you know any places worth visiting?"

"Depends on your business, lad."

While I wanted to get stronger to survive, I wanted to enjoy the other world as well.

I cooped myself in the magical space for too long. The modern atmosphere wasn't much different than Earth, so yeah.

"Someplace good to relax and have fun. I prefer the safe ones."

"Anywhere can do, long as it's peaceful. If you want, just buy a house and settle down 'ere. I'll give a discount if you kept coming."

"Well, I kinda want to travel the world and see some new things. Maybe visit the hometown of the other races. I'd like to see their difference in style and way of life."

While this place had a plethora of races, it's still a human city I was all too familiar with.

"Lad, about that—you understand about how other races view us? Some are amicable, while others are hostile. Even the same race can be divided, between their ethnics.

Not all human cities are hospitable either; some were homes to nefarious bunches you'd rather stay away from.

Lots of place ta' visit, but know yer limits. In times like these, having correct info will save yer life."

"Hmm..."

The Innkeeper poured me a cup of ale, "A drink?"

"Go on."

At that moment, I notice several people joining this discussion.

One of them had a dog face—I guess they're kobolds or beastmen? Not sure. For the others.

There were beastmen with a human face as well.

I saw some elves and dwarf within my sight, but they're too common to interest me.

The dog person spoke, "I happen to travel the world. Not that easy or safe, but it's quite worth it. Best to do so in peaceful times like these."

While the Elf and Dwarf described their hometown to me.

They're quite divided in their opinion with humans, but they gave several cities I could visit.

You could usually find Elven cities blending with nature, like ones in the middle of the forest, with their elevated treehouses and isolationist nature.

They don't usually welcome Humans; most need to prove themselves to get a 'temporary permit'. If they're hidden enough, they might even attack intruders on sight, including fellow Elves.

The ones open to visit usually didn't go in too deep, like, you could enter them through the main road. They're built similar to human cities, aside from their Elven architecture--you wouldn't see anything like coal or pollution.

Hearing that line made the Dwarf frown.

For the traditional Dwarven cities, they would build them on caverns and mountains.

They were pretty common in popular passes. It's a welcoming rest area, where you can pay a toll to go on, or stop by, enjoying your stay.

In the cities, you could enjoy and even purchase exotic machinery, or in their term, Makina.

...but the Elven buddy cut him off before he would rattle long-windedly about the rumbles of machinery triumph.

The other nice thing about Dwarven cities was their alcohol, but Elven alcohol was also great.

In short, Elves would gather with the forest, while Dwarves went for the mountains.

I enjoyed listening to their conversation; they also unpacked and left the Inn.

While I got tons of info, it just made me even more confused about where to go.

To get stronger, I should eventually visit the Magic Academies.

One of them was even built around the World Tree, Yggdrassil University if I heard right.

They're not the forefront when it comes to Space Magic though.

From the books, there was a legend of a 'hidden academy'.

They exist in a separate magical space, roaming the entire world. Once in a blue moon, they would show itself to the world.

...but their whereabouts were mostly unknown.

Oh well, I'd just explore with my gut. If I'm lucky, I might encounter this 'academy.

With my old, trusty bag and Isekai-style clothes, I made my way to the gate, handing over the permit.

Some gates were for people traveling on foot, but most came here via carriages.

I was the type who couldn't stand them.

If I were to go for days, I'd like to sleep in a nice bed, in my magical space.

While I was deep in my thought, I already walked far into the forest.

...and this person popped again.

"Yo."

The Meme Necromancer.

From his blazing goblin fire--we had a lot to catch up.

I think the Fantasy feel was kinda lacking from the start, so I kinda tried to add more in this chapter.

...but man, that's a lot of expositions, and not much room for jokes.

Though it gives me a good idea how to start the next arc, yay.

It might be rather weird and surreal though.

"Shoe real."

Hey.

5