17. Dead Meme
223 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The content can be a bit offensive.

Sorry if I'm a bit slow. It took a long time to finally find the direction I can enjoy the most.

I'll try to have fun with my jokes and create more situations for them :D

"So yeah, when I'm done with Demon Lord, I tried looking up my minions..."

Meme Necromancer heaved a sigh.

"Well, it can be a good thing—they'd probably died peacefully."

He nodded.

"Plus, they might be visiting us at Obon every year. We might have to prepare an orgy."

[...]

"What," his goblin fire dimmed, "Are you for real?"

"I'm joking."

"I can't be sure anymore," his arms crossed, "I lost count how many necromancers started 'cuz they want to fuck dead bodies."

"Why am I not surprised?"

"You don't, it's common sense. Even I, who dabbled for so long, started to find dead bodies attractive—for research, I mean."

"Oh."

Well, I believed in him. After all, Liches had no sexual desire.

He took a water canteen from his robe and gulped a mouthful.

It's just now, I realized—he still had a tongue.

[Don't be surprised, he drank Mountain Jew and ate Doritas some time ago.]

Ah, I completely forgot.

"Ahh...that hits the spot!" he wiped the water from his bony chin and cheeks, "Now, where was I again?"

He put back his canteen and pulled a creepy-looking book with a skull cover, similar to a Metal album.

"Anyway, here's my favorite book for Necromancy. I'm in a FANTASTIC mood since the Church bastards bit De_Dust."

"Does it let me listen to Death Metal?"

This was a fantasy world, after all. How boring it would be if you could only read a book—not eat it, drink it, or listen to music with it?

"You can flip papers with ASMR quality. Trust me, it can't get any more natural than that."

It's true, the sound of flipping books was great, especially if you could instantly learn anything.

Since I was really bored, there's no harm to learn something new. The Church already wanted to hunt me down--it couldn't get any worse.

As I flipped through the entire book, a message box popped in front of me.

[Necromancy.

Utilize the undead to do your bidding.

Normally, it's a branch of Dark Magic that's weak to Light and Fire. Necromancy had a rapid decline for hundreds of years, due to so many ways of countering the undead.]

"This book will help you summon skeletons that has no elemental weakness, and cannot be hard-countered by Holy magic. I think it's pretty balanced, for how these dirty priests would run amok."

"Aren't undead immune to status ailments, and strong versus dark magic? Not to mention, they're immortal. You can spam them endlessly."

"The tactic won't work with my Necromancy. For now, try to summon an undead, anything you like will do."

Something's a bit off here.

"Why do we have this conversation in the open? What if someone's spying on us?"

"Rest easy. I won't come unprepared."

"Last time you did that, the Church tried to hunt me down."

"Huh?" Meme Necromancer tilted his head, "How can they do so if they're already dead?"

"Necromancy."

His eye sockets narrowed.

"I don't think it will work," he took his staff and thumped it several times, "Their general concept is based upon the fear of death, but to us, it's just a pounding sensation in the ass."

[Ahahaha...this guy...]

I know, right.

"That aside, can you try to summon your undead already? I will give you constructive criticism."

"Anything will do?"

"A lot of Necromancer said skeletons are the easiest, but it's not necessarily true. Since you're human, you can try something much closer to yourselves, like zombies or wraiths.

I feel that your mana capacity is impressive—you can go straight to Elder Vampires, Bone Dragon, or even a Lich. High-level undead is easier to get along with, and they will greatly help you train the low-level ones. You can't manage everything on your own. A magical space is also necessary if you want to develop them further."

"Are magical spaces that common?"

"Possessing one is necessary to be my disciple. I think you'll have an easy time. Anyway, enough chat—let's begin."

As I tried to focus, a Quest Box appeared in front of me.

Basically, I need to impress the Meme Necromancer.

The better his evaluation, the bigger will my reward be.

I pointed on the ground, and a pentagram appeared, followed by an accented voice with a broken English.

"If Hitler can do Necromancy, so can you."

What the fuck?

[My sides...]

Of all the dead things I could summon, it had to be a dead meme? This one's old as fuck.

Meme Necromancer's eyesocket furrowed further.

"Thanks, I hate it. I will give an A+."

With a deadpan expression and dim goblin fire, he held the A+ sign.

The Meme Necromancer immediately turned his back and walked away. The next moment, he was nowhere to be found.

[Quest Completed!

Evaluation: A+]

[Calculating rewards...]

[Learned Skill 'Dead Meme'!]

I had the feeling this skill will be overpowered as hell, especially when I have to fight gods.

This meme, in particular...

By the time it mentioned Hitler, all discussions will be over right away. No wonder the Meme Necromancer instantly yeeted.

While it was said, those who mentioned Hitler first will lose the argument, I don't care.

If I could quickly shut up annoying people, I may lose the battle, but I'll win the war.

Next time people asked if I believe in God, like those religious scams, I will just compare them to Hitler.

==

Learned Skills:

Dead Meme.

[MC-kun, are you okay with this?]

"Why would I expect anything more than a meme?"

[Doesn't that also make YOU the Meme Necromancer?]

Hmm...the moniker's quite a mouthful.

"How should I call him, then?"

[Weegee.]

"Ah ha ha...dang it."

I'm not sure if I could unhear that nick...

4