23. Tank
188 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I give up.

I don't want to use common sense while writing this anymore

Ah right, I almost forgot my guild requests.

[Me too.]

If they want more parts of the dungeon habitable, why did they allow the mass-killing of monsters in the dungeon?

[Most likely, they allowed it, or else the adventurers wouldn't be able to parade like this.]

Right.

There were also terms and conditions at the guild. The areas which you could do your monster hunting, and those that forbid hunting.

The tribesman would go to the forbidden areas and domesticate the monsters for their livelihood.

My current place was one of them.

In these areas, monsters won't be hostile, and even a young child can go freely.

Though you need adult supervision, just to be safe. You also need a tribe member to follow around, and the kids need to be in the same place.

If one of the monsters happen to be hostile, you're free to kill in self-defense.

...but if you're deliberately hunting them, you'd be banned from the dungeon forever.

Such laws were only possible due to their strength. An average tribesman could go toe-to-toe with a high-level adventurer, not to mention the whole of them.

[If they're strong enough, why don't they clear the dungeon themselves? Also, since this dungeon is so large, there's gotta be ways the offenders can circumvent it.]

Think again.

The only forbidden place was this floor and the ones below.

I also shared my [Dragon Eye] findings with her.

[I see. With this level of surveillance, it's hard to even slay a rabbit without getting caught. It's not even worth it.]

Plus, the tribesman wasn't interested in adventures, it's our job to explore what's beyond.

They just wanted to live peacefully, and have mutual cooperation with the adventurers.

With that in mind, I tapped Youko's shoulder.

She's currently rubbing her swollen belly, and slumping her back against the seat.

"Awawa...Onii-chan..."

I explained my plan, and she gave me a thumbs-up.

"Seems fun!"

"...but do you have any weapon? If possible, nothing too flashy."

"Hmm..."

She pulled a wooden sword from her backpack.

Despite the plain appearance, it had the word 'Lake Toya' and infinite durability.

Not to mention, its stats were downright broken. Just where the hell did she find that weapon?

[Isn't this interesting?]

Yeah, better safe than sorry.

While I was plenty strong, I was severely lacking in combat experience.

In the meantime, we went to where Rosa and Lili were.

Since there's no ruckus going on, I was at ease.

Or not...

In the vast garden, there's a row of long seats, a makeshift wall with murals used in churches.

Two little girls, clad in wedding dresses, stood by side—with cheeks rosy red.

"Do you accept to be wife and wife? In sickness and health, in poverty and wealth."

Lili played the priest role in such detailed garments, it's almost blasphemy.

While Rosa picked up the ends, along with other children.

With the approval of both girls, Lili said in a monotone voice, "Bride, you may now kiss the bride."

Rosa couldn't hold her giggles when the brides were so nervous, they end up headbutting each other.

They end up rolling on the floor; the pure-white dress was now dyed in the dirt.

"Aww..."

"Uwaa..."

The parents also laughed.

"Hmm..."

I felt kinda strange. Were people in this world open to homosexuality?

[It doesn't really matter. You can have kids even with the same gender. It's still a novelty since most people are straight, but not taboo. Some cultures didn't like them though.]

Makes sense.

Soon, the mock wedding wrapped itself, with the yuri couple holding on a plaque of, "Congratulations for getting married."

There's also the custom of throwing a flower bouquet.

I didn't even realize, it ended up in my hand when I didn't even try to catch it.

[Whoa...]

Youko tapped my shoulders, winking her eyebrows, "Now that's my Onii-chan. Mom and Dad are expecting a grand--"

"Yay, Daddy."

"Congratulations, Father."

Seeing the lolis rushing at me, Youko's face got so smug, "Already?"

"Problem?"

"No, no..." she shut her eyes, and twirled her pointy finger, "Who's the mother, though?"

"Err...it's kind of complicated, but right now, I'm still single."

"Hoo...can I have one of them? They're so cute."

"No, Lili is mine, bad aunty."

"Mmm..." the blue loli nodded.

"So, in other words, you can expect a grandkid soon."

"They're only several days old, you sicko."

"I'm just kidding, Onii-chan."

Despite that, the lolis went red so quickly, and Lili started to rub her belly.

[I don't think there's anything to worry about. It will take a decade or two before they can conceive a child.]

When I told them so, they were so relieved, they slumped on the floor.

[So they really did it...]

I don't think it matters. If they truly loved one another, it's something to cherish.

[I hate how you made so much sense.]

"So, you plan on bringing them as well? They indeed are strong. It'd be easy to steamroll the whole dungeon right away."

"No, I'm just going for it slow and easy. If we rush, what's the fun in that?"

"Ah yes, not everyone's into speedrunning."

She returned her wooden sword to the backpack, and took an assault rifle, "I prefer doing it my pace, as well."

It's indeed a lot weaker than the sword, but for a level 1 magic gun, it's hella strong.

"Can you lend me a gun? I forgot to craft one."

She handed me a level 1 pistol. It also required mana to shoot.

"What about these girls?"

Rosa raised her hand, "I want a bazooka!"

As such, Youko handed her a bazooka from her backpack.

[It wouldn't cause a cave-in, right?]

It's only a level 1 equipment, what do you expect?

Lili twiddled her fingers.

"What's wrong, my cute 3.14?"

Youko tried to wrap her shoulders around Lili, but she always manages to dodge at the last second, causing this aunt to pout.

"Umm...I wanna pilot a giant robot."

[Despite being cute, both of them like boyish things, huh...]

What's wrong with you? Who doesn't want to pilot a Gund*m?

This sentence caused Youko to frown, "I don't have a giant robot in here, what about a mini-tank?"

"Nn."

The taciturn loli's eyes lit up when Youko brought a small-sized tank into the grass field.

While it's a mini-tank, the size's equivalent to a car.

It should be safe since, like the others, it's a level 1 equipment.

[Can she really drive it, though?]

As they said, practice makes perfect.

[I hate you.]

As such, aside from Lili, we all climbed into the tank roof and drove towards the next floor's entrance.

When the guard saw us, his sanity seems to be draining at a rapid rate, to the point he couldn't bother anymore.

3