Arc 2.9 Class of the Century
4.4k 10 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Tian Xi was finally transferred back into her personal void space she was still extremely indignant. Even if the world had categorized the two as the ideal pair of alphas since both of them were such highly revered figures and they would be accepted as the ideal pair, she couldn't come to terms with the fact that Gu Yuan would have been the one to complete her quest--not her. Most importantly, he never let her experience the joys of A x O!!!

Every time she approached an omega, Gu Yuan had magically poofed into existence and interrupted her seduction, scaring away the poor omega before she could even lay her hands on him.

Sure, to get first place in the void competition she was willing to do anything, but she wanted to be the one to do things, not rely on someone else. Especially on that shameless man, Gu Yuan. Admittedly, he was very good in bed, but that was no excuse for him to forcefully claim her as his own and even possibly keep her from completing her side mission. She only allowed him to continue his antics in that world because she knew he was getting revenge for the first world.

Thankfully, their debts had been settled and cleared after the ABO world, so she wouldn't have to worry about him ever again.

[Here are your rewards, host.] 001 decided to just do his job. This second world was really nothing ah. His host was also just making a big deal out of nothing. Gu Yuan, too. As a system, he felt that he would never be able to understand what went through their minds.

[List of Completed Missions and Tasks]

[Main Mission: Bring the graduating class to the top of society. Time Limit: 6 months. Reward: 500 points]

[Side Mission: Become the ideal pair with the best partner. Time Limit: 6 months. Reward: 250 points]

[Side Task 1: Maintain your position as president. Reward: 50 points]

[Side Task 2: Answer 500 questions in class. Time Limit: 6 months. Total Reward: 500 points (1 point per question)]

[Side Task 3: Present the graduation speech at the graduation ceremony. Reward: 100 points and 1 skill point]

[Total points earned: 1400. Total points deducted: 0]

.

.

.

[Host Stats]

System: 001

Name: Tian Xi

Age: 25

Class: C

Cumulative Points: 109,001 (+1400)

Points: 900 (+1400)

Skill Points: 1 (+1)

Skills: Hacking (max), Management (???), Taekwondo (basic)

Number of Worlds Completed: 2

Stats: INT - 87/100     STR - 36/100 (+5)     AGI - 32/100     Charm (CRM) - 92/100     VIT - 40/100     LCK 2/100

.

.

.

'Eh, so even though we weren't the conventional alpha and omega pairing, I still completed the mission?' Tian was pleasantly surprised.

[En. I told you that with your luck anything is possible.] Technically, the two were the best individuals within Central. If one thought of it in that way, it could work.

The competition administrators must be going easy on host ah!

'Can I pull up the shop before heading into the void world?' Tian Xi hadn't bothered to explore the items the first time she was here because she wanted to observe the leaderboard before spending her points. Now that she had a certain understanding of the average points each host had she didn't mind browsing the store.

While the actions one could take in the personal void space were highly limited to only viewing the missions and purchasing items from the system shop, time did not run in the space.

[Yes, host.]

[Ding! System Store has been opened.]

{Categories: Dispensable Items, Indispensable Items, Soul-Bound Items, Room Passes, Real Estate]

Tian Xi's finger hovered above "Soul-Bound Items," and a vast assortment of objects were displayed in front of her. Some were large, some were very small, and when she focused her sight on one thing for a certain amount of time a name, description, and price would span out on the side. The thing that all of the items had in common was that they were all untradeable, hence the "soul-bound" part of the category name.

Nothing particularly caught her eye since she didn't feel as if she needed anything at the moment. So far, her first two worlds were completely doable without any extra fancy objects. However, she knew that the moment she stepped into a world without technology she would probably be screwed.

After all, she ended up hacking through her first two worlds which both happened to have moderate technological development. One could only assume with her lack of diversity of skills that the moment she transmigrated into a world without computers she would end up broke, dead, and abandoned in a random and deserted alleyway.

Pulling up the "dispensable items" store, she found that she could exchange points for skills, though the conversion rate was horrendous with her current measly sum. 1000 points for 1 skill point ah!

Most skills only had three mastery levels: basic, intermediate, and expert. Tian Xi was the type to master one thing before going onto the next, so even though she felt very lacking in diversity, she still decided to max out her Taekwondo before learning another skill.

'Two skill points are needed to max it, so I'm going to purchase 1 skill point and save the rest of my points for the next world. Anything can happen.'

[Purchase complete: -1000 points. Remaining points: 1300 points]

[Would you like to return to the Void World now?]

'Of course. Transfer me to the D-class lounge.' Don't want to run into that devil again.

[Yes, host.]

When Tian Xi opened her eyes once more, 6 hours had passed from the time before she left.

[Void Countdown: 999 years 364999 days 11:57:13]

[Leaderboard]

[Rank 1: Han Li - 8850 points]

[Rank 2: Wen Ren - 4621 points]

[Rank 3: Gu Yuan - 4550 points]

.....

.....

.....

[Rank 16: Tian Xi - 1300 points]

.....

.....

.....

She immediately left for the dojo to max out her Taekwondo skill and decided to continue working on her combat abilities by learning Swordsmanship (basic). Because there were so many types of sword and blade styles to learn and master, the skill actually had six levels rather than three; basic, intermediate, expert, professional, master, and grandmaster.

By the time she left the dojo, three void hours had already flown by. Not wanting to waste any more time in the void world, she quickly returned to the D-class lounge only to run into a rock-hard chest and hit her nose.

Déjà vu!

Tian Xi once again rubbed her pained nose and suppressed the tears leaking from her large brown eyes before glaring at the culprit in front of her.

The man was gloomy and oozed a depressing air as he stood ramrod straight and imposingly. His sharp and narrowed silver eyes were seemingly fixated onto Tian Xi's figure as she glared at him. His lean body wasn't as built as Gu Yuan's noticeably muscular one that could be seen even with his clothes on. Silver-blue hair reached his lower neck and wildly covered part of his eyes and was frayed messily about his head. His skin was also very pale white, and he would have come off as sickly if it weren't for his strong-looking arms and the latent ferocity leaking from him.

Suddenly, using his right hand he pulled out a long and thin double-edged sword. Its hilt and blade were pitch black, making it flash eerily under the poor lighting of the D-class lounge. There was a medium-sized, thin oval amethyst embedded in the center of the dark blade near the chappe. The pommel was shaped in an upside-down cross with an aureole and there was a smaller, circular amethyst embedded in the intersection of the bars.

Woosh!

He swung the sword around, as if testing it, and the sound of it piercing through the air at rapid speeds was echoing throughout the enclosed room.

Why didn't Tian Xi leave immediately like she did when she ran into Gu Yuan before? Well, because the man in front of her was staring at her so intensely as if daring her to leave or else. She didn't want to take any chances especially now that he was swinging around a sword ah!

He stopped swinging it around and abruptly and drove its point into the ground less than three centimeters in front of her, making that crystal floor seem as if it were only a block of butter. Tian Xi broke out into a cold sweat. Was he threatening her? Who was he? Did she wrong him too?

"Take it," his voice was smooth, low, and very pleasing to the ears like a lullaby before bed.

"Ah?" Tian Xi was still trying to process who he was and why he was doing what he was doing.

"Sword of Oblivion."

She took her gaze away from the sword that could have been stabbed through her poor and unsuspecting feet and looked at the ghost-like man in front of her. Yes, she saw him as a ghost because he was so white and gloomy like a stereotypical ghost.

Surprisingly, he looked tamer than when she first bumped into him and actually gave her the impression of wanting to be praised...? She shook her head inwardly. In any case, he was waiting for her to take the sword, so she grasped it by the hilt and easily lifted it from its newly-formed hole in the ground. It was unexpectedly not too heavy.

"Uh, thank you. I just learned the swordsmanship skill, too. How convenient ah," Tian Xi forced a smile at him.

He seemed to have released a small breath almost imperceptibly and in his silver eyes quickly flashed a glimpse of joy and relief, but Tian Xi caught it.

Before he was able to leave, she called out, "Wait. I'm Tian Xi. Since you gave me this sword, you at least deserve to know who you're giving it to." It was basic manners and even she wasn't low enough to just take something without giving back.

"...Wen Ren," he mumbled almost inaudibly before disappearing into his next world.

[Wow, host. Really, you do get all the men ah. That Sword of Oblivion is a part of the set of the Oblivion series. The most expensive piece of the set, in fact, at 100,000 points.] If 001 had eyebrows, he'd be wiggling them at her.

Wen Ren reminded her of the other host she met in that ABO world, Owen. Even their first encounter was the same. After the election ended, he would often bring her some "gifts" in an attempt to please her. She never considered it as courting her because the gifts were a little overbearing. Just a bit.

The first one was a necklace. It would have been a decent courting gift but the necklace had a tiny jar as the pendant, and in that jar were two bright white human canines. Sure, they were the most beautiful teeth she had ever seen, but uh. Yep.

The second gift was a charm bracelet. It shouldn't be described.

As weeks went by, the gifts got more and more interesting. Let's just say that her initial observation of Wen Ren was correct. He was indeed a psychopath. But he was a strangely cute psychopath that reminded her of a dog bringing its master the fruits of its labors and waiting with a wagging tail to be praised for its effort.

It was no wonder Gu Yuan had called him a dog.

Brushing her thoughts to the back of her mind before another man could show up and put her in an awkward situation, Tian Xi quickly closed her eyes and was thrown into the reinforced steel wall and was knocked out cold once again.

.

.

.

A/N: I realized I never posted how I think my characters look so far, though I thought it'd be fine to just rely on my writing for that (but tis fun to throw in pictures too). Should I do that from now on for each arc at the end of the chapter that they are introduced?

For now, I decided to do so for the three so far. And no, I don't own these nor did I draw these.

Tian Xi 

Tian Xi      

.

.

.

Gu Yuan

Gu Yuan     

.

.

.

Wen Ren (imagine silver-blue hair and silver eyes)

Wen Ren (imagine silver-blue hair and silver eyes)

39