5.40.9 – Rejection Isn’t the End
757 10 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rejection Isn't the End

For a while Superluminal has been waiting for approval.  In the mean time, I've been editing up a storm with AlliterativeArts and at the same time I've tackled the challenge of finding an illustrator for either possible path. 

The road of the author who beats a path with only the tools they possess or the road of the one that has the support and backing of that publisher.

Our feet have been firmly planted on the road of self-publishing.  Regardless of that fact, I'm determined to make it.

I've been told that the most popular book in the series (The Dream) is the most unnecessary, simply because it lacks action, that it doesn't further the plot. The interactions between Leona and Quinn are excellent, but lack an element of true spite.

It's been said that if they published this series, it would be transformed to a form that you wouldn't recognize and may not support.

Therefore, it wasn't worth the year it would take to restructure and eliminate unnecessary parts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some questions for you, the readers:

1. Which parts throughout the whole series are the most unnecessary? Elements that you think readers who don't have your taste might point at. But, we can't write a story that's meant for everyone, something that everyone will like, so should we tear ourselves into pieces and the story in the process for the sake of making everyone somewhat happy?

2. It has been suggested that I double down on the LGBTQ agenda (that I don't have).  Do you think I should? I personally think this would bore people who aren't interested in that agenda. I do want to make sure that important things are said that express the challenges transpeople face.  Persecution, the special healthcare, the feelings of the person.

3. Is there something that Superluminal lacks?

4. Do you think there's a market for the story on Amazon that the publisher doesn't foresee?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have general advice to share, I'd love to read it in comments below.

My commitment to succeed is not diminished.  Some of the most famous people were people who didn't give up in the face of adversity.  They got right back up and kept trying.  Sometimes they lost their faith for a time, but when that happened, they pulled the pieces together and moved forward and became a success.

My regards,

15