ℙ020 – Mercury Courier Service
8.6k 30 273
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later on, the meeting was over.

Hecate gave Rena-cchi the Salamander carcasses and the unknown meats from her inventory. The carcasses was in good condition. They was killed by drowning with water, so there wasn't any single damage in their bodies.

"Rena, here is a souvenir from my hunt."

"Really? This is for me, Hecate-cchi? Thank you! I'll make sure to make a delicious dishes with these meats!"

Rena-cchi gratefully accepted the gift. For a Chef, these meats will help her to raise her Cooking proficiency.

Hecate also exchanged the unused loots with some GCP (Guild Contribution Point) in the Guild Treasury. She did not immediately receive the GCP yet until someone exchanged her loots with their GCP later. Though, that was not a problem since she was not in a rush.

Done with her business, she logged out.

♠♠♠

 

The next morning in the real world.

At Yasaka's house garage, the naked Ruri opened her inventory and take out the parts she had made in the game, including the Sandalwood planks that had been processed. She assembled those parts into a stuff that was based on something she had looked in the net.

A Fletcher Capstan Table1<link>

The table that Ruri made was a circular expanding table, which can expands by double its original size, and retracted to normal afterwards. Based on the blueprint, there are more than 5000 parts required to make this table. But with system assistance, making all of them did not require much time.

Thanks to the new metalcasting method, now she can make the parts easier.

Since the method can be utilized with the game system assistance, she can create the parts with the finest details. All she had need to do was to make a few adjustment in the 3D editor.

Most of the machinery parts made from stainless steel which have corrosion resistance and commonly used in automotive engines. As for the planks, she used the Sandalwood that she had bought from the fruit vendor. It produces a distinctive fragrance that calms the mind when inhaled.

And she also added a few modification. Some of the parts has been carved with special patterns (Carved by Hecate).

These patterns were the glyphs that she had learned, and it can serve as energy pathway. Just think of them like a circuit board in electronic device. Using that, she integrated a simple automatic function that will trigger the mechanism when the table is pressed by a certain amount of force.

This function is powered by six battery-shaped superior Mana Stones that was hidden inside the table leg. Each of the Mana Stones has energy more than 50000 MP and it should be enough to last for at least a few years.

And what will happen after that? It would be none of her business! (Irresponsible).

It was just a simple function, but this was Ruri's first attempt to touch the technology using magical approach.

The assembly process takes about one hour. Ruri tested the finished product and quite satisfied with the result. Everything was worked smoothly as she visioned.

'Succeed! The automatic function also unexpectedly worked!'

Ruri couldn't help but happy. It turns out that magic can be utilized in the real world.

This was definitely a big step towards endless possibility.

'Heh, next time let's try to create a hoverboard... and then a flying car...'

In the future she can craft countless items that utilized black technology!

But of course, for that to happens she must learn more about Artificer and Runemaster Subclass in the game. She wouldn't able to do much without sufficient knowledge.

"Hmm, perhaps I need to visit Dalmagna teacher again later."

Dalmagna was one of the important native dwarf in Rosenweil Kingdom that teaches Blacksmith to the natives and players. He was Hecate's teacher and mentor. If it's him, he should know something about those two Subclasses.

But that can wait later.

Ruri walked to the kitchen and took out five 4-wheeled mini metal containers from her inventory (created by Hecate).

She carefully placed the piled up plates, mugs and flasks from her regular meal and elixir leftovers. The things that taken out from the game will become permanent items and will not disappear unlike in the game. Hence, regular trash removal was required.

But sending them straight to the garbage collector did not feel too right. There are 4-6 container full of them generated every month. She would have to pay enormous garbage processing fee each time she used the service.

It makes sense if these items were broken, rendering them unusable. But if they can be used just fine, instead of throwing them away and pay the fee, might as well donate them away for free!

'Okay, this is the last!'

After Ruri done placing the last plate, she moved the metal containers to the garage as well.

And then, she opened her T-Bracelet and accessed a certain site while she sat relaxed on the chair.

Spoiler
   
  Home | Order | Search | Promo | Member ✉ 0 | Hello Rucien ▽  
       
  The Grand Launching 
SMART PET
Series  Gadget
   
  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫  
       
  Buy | Sell    
  Please fill this form to sell your product:  
   Form 1 | []
 
 
Item Name: [DIY] Fletcher Capstan Table
Item Photo:   | Mov-0435021.mp7 | Photo-0435022.jpg | Photo-0435023.jpg
Quantity:
1
Shipping: ◉ Ship to Mercury                                        〇 Ship directly to Buyer
(Note: Shipping to Mercury will be charged with the warehouse fee)
 • Shipping address: Current Location
Price tag: ¥ 4.000.000
Description: Fletcher Capstan Table DIY
 • Size: 1.67m - 2.2m ( 6-12)
 • Operation: Automatic
 • Automatic stretching/normalizing when the table is pressed by a certain
    amount of force.

 • Using Sandalwood for the plank.
 • Stainless Steel framework.
 • One year guarantee.
 
  Reset | Confirm  
       
    Chat with Us
 
  Help Center | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | About Us | Contact Us
© 20XX Mercury Corp.
 
[collapse]

The site that she had access was Mercury, a site specialized on e-commerce. Mercury provides a free C2C (Consumer to Consumer) business platform for merchants and buyers. Ruri used this site often to sell her DIY product as Rucien.

She cautiously filled the selling form. Using her T-bracelet's camera, she took a few photo of her crafted table, as well as a video record that shows its automatic function.

For the shipping option, she choose to send the table to Mercury's warehouse.

If she choose this option, the Mercury courier service will come to fetch the items and store it in their warehouse until someone bought it. Although she had to pay a fee for this service, the items in their warehouse will be maintained by their staffs. She did not have to worry about anything further. Though, there are 30 days of time limit. If no one bought the items during that duration, the items will be sent back to the seller.

She did not bother to type her address and just simply set the place of shipment as "Current Location".

The price was set at ¥4 million. Not a small sum, but it was still below the market price. The cheapest Fletcher Capstan Table purchased normally from the manufacturer was about $50.000, which was about ¥5-6 million.

This was a luxury table that only wealthy people would glance. Ruri herself was doubting that someone would actually buy her crafted table.

"Well, would a sane person waste 4 millions just for a table?
With that much money, they can buy a few cars or a house instead."

She shakes her head. With her current situation, it didn't matter much if no one buys the table.

Done with filling the form, Ruri pressed the confirm button. Then she ordered the house AI.

"System Command! Notify me when the courier arrives!"

[Affirmative! Master will be notified when the courier arrives.]

All that left was just wait.

♠♠♠

 

It was in the afternoon that Mercury courier service arrived.

A truck with a big Mercury logo stopped in front of Ruri's house. As the container opened, five drones appeared from the inside. A man wearing a visor glasses2 come out from the driver's seat and ring the gate bell.

"Mercury Courier Service has arrived!"

Ruri, who are on the living room watching the TV instantly notified with their arrival. She looked at them from the security camera via her bracelet. She then clicked a voice changer app, disguising her voice into a genderless soprano voice before responding the call.

Her disguised voice comes out from the speaker.

"Oh, you've come. I have been waiting for you! The item is in the garage as usual."

"Understood, we will fetch the item immediately."

The man seemed already familiar with this customer's quirkiness. Rucien always refuse to meet face to face with anyone. This was already a known fact among Mercury's courier staffs. Nobody knows what Rucien's true face looked like.

There are story that Rucien was not like this before. Rucien would meet the courier personally like usual, but something had happened and it become like this ever since.

From that story, Rucien was just a little girl that looked like in her 12-14 years old. However, the truth of that story was debatable. There was a high chance that girl was Rucien's daughter or little sister.

But although they were curious, it's not like they could question their customer's preference.

The customer is the King!

As long as the customer gives profit to the Corporation, then they have to be treated like a king!

Ruri opened the garage remotely and allowed the courier along with the drones to enter the garage. In there, a table that matched with the photo, and 5 mini metal containers with the  that was neatly arranged can be seen.

"Is this the item?"

"Yes it is."

Ruri affirmed, then she continued.

"Also, take those 5 containers with you. One is for you and the others... just send them to orphanage or something."

"Ah... Thank you very much. Rucien-sama!"

The man looked happy after hearing her words. One of the reason why this Rucien was famous among Mercury courier staffs was because of this. Rucien was too generous!

Every courier that visiting Rucien was always given a gift. It was mainly porcelain plates, mugs or a beautifully carved glass bottles. They also asked to send other stuffs to the orphanage as a donation, but at that point nobody minded a few detours.

Rucien truly is a magnanimous citizen with a great virtue!

Adhering to the procedure, the man activated his visor glasses. He confirmed that there was no dangerous object inside the table and the containers. He then ordered the drones to carefully transport the table and the containers to the truck.

Ruri watched the transport process in the living room via the security camera, drinking a cup of hot chocolate.

Ruri, still nude...

273