D015 – Dalmagna’s Assistant
5.3k 31 139
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Rosenweil Capital City]

As soon as she appeared in the Town Square, Hecate went to the liquor shop first.

Surely, it would be inappropriate to visit her mentor empty-handed. So she had to prepare something that Dalmagna liked as a gift, in this case of course beer and wine.

In the shop, Hecate didn't stay for too long, as she simply chose something randomly from the shelf.

"This one seems nice."

Usually, she would just buy a cheap beer for 1 and call it done. After all, she was not a drinker and couldn't appreciate the taste of beer. Heck, she didn't even know the difference between beer and wine.

But this time, she didn't plan to buy the cheap beer, and instead chose the slightly pricier one on the shelf.

Spoiler
Item Name: Vargr Blood Cocktail
Type: Consumable - Drink
Rarity: ★★★★★★
Durability: 20/20
Brewer: Kaina
Effects: Increase Max HP by 20% for 300 minutes.
  Increase STR, AGI and DEX by 10 for 300 minutes.
  Increase MP regen and STA regen by 20% for 300 minutes.
  Decrease HP by (700 - VIT) every minute for 10 minutes.
(Stop at HP = 1, will cause Coma if HP < 10%)
  Drunkenness +30
Description: A 750ml dark red cocktail containing wolf blood.
  It has an unforgettable taste like the ferocity of the legendary wolf.
  This cocktail is very potent and can make your throat burn.
Be careful if you want to drink it.
[collapse]

Hecate took the bottle and went to the store clerk, which was a Native middle aged uncle.

"Mister, I want to buy 10 bottles of this." (Hecate)

"Oh, it's you, little girl... That one is quite expensive, you know? Ten of them total 250,000." (Clerk uncle)

Well, the price was unexpectedly higher than expected.

Compared to the usual cheap beer that costs 1 per bottle, this one bottle costs 25,000, almost double the price of her soon-to-be-built dream house in the real world.

Looking at the effects that will occur when drinking it, most likely, the ingredients for making this cocktail come from elite monsters. In that case, it was normal for the price to be expensive.

But still, this price was still nothing for Hecate.

"Okay, here is the money." (Hecate)

"Thank you for the purchase! Wait for a moment, I'll get the rest!" (Clerk uncle)

Done with the purchase, she headed straight to Dalmagna's workshop.

♠♠♠

 

[Dalmagna Blacksmith]

As she expected, Dalmagna stared at the cocktail bottle with a glint in his eyes.

"Oooh! Is this the rumored Vargr Blood Cocktail I saw? I heard it's so difficult to brew this stuff that nowadays, only Players can brew it." (Dalmagna)

"Yes, but unfortunately I only managed to get you one bottle." (Hecate)

Even though she actually bought 10 bottles, she only give him one bottle.

As for why she didn't give all the bottles, of course it was because the remaining bottles had to be kept for personal use.

"It's okay! Even if I just take a sip, I'm already satisfied! Quick, give it to me!" (Dalmagna)

With that said, Hecate gave the bottle to Dalmagna.

He immediately opened the cocktail bottle and drank a few gulps of its contents. At that moment, a hot burning sensation spread throughout his body starting from his lungs, causing his face to turn red.

"Puhaaa~ What a good stuff!"

And so Dalmagna said with a satisfied face. He didn't drink his cocktail any further and just enjoyed the aftertaste.

 
Dalmagna greatly appreciated the gift you gave him.
Dalmagna's favorability to you has increased by 30.
 

Seeing the huge increase in favorability points in the notification, Hecate knew that Dalmagna was very happy.

Although she didn't understand what was so good about that cocktail. Seeing his red face, he seemed to be in constant pain but still looked happy. Maybe this can be compared as the relationship between smokers and cigarettes.

Hecate decided to leave him alone and looked around in the workshop.

Inside the workshop it looks a bit messy, there are some of Dalmagna's unfinished work here and there. Dalmagna would get angry if they were touched without permission so she didn't do anything to them.

'Shuna... didn't seem to be here.'

Shuna wasn't here but her IGN was online in the guild members list.

It seemed like Shuna was still busy with the matter of the Blacksmith relics and didn't have time to hang out here. Too bad, there was no one else to talk to, and there was nothing Hecate could do except wait for Dalmagna to sober.

'Maybe I should spend some time doing Mana Training...'

Hecate recalled the skill Basic Mana Training that she got a few days ago.

It was a skill that allowed her to increase her magic potential, raising her Max MP and MP regeneration by performing a meditation exercise. And according to the exercise, she had to absorb the surrounding mana and construct magic circles in her magic circuit.

But then, she have another thought.

'Instead of absorbing the surrounding mana, could I just use my current MP?'

Looking closely, this Basic Mana Training was actually written with the intention of guiding new Mages in developing their magic circuits. But for someone who has truly developed the magic circuit, some steps can simply be skipped.

Currently, she had more than 600k MP because the duration of the buff from the previous battle had not yet run out, and her MP was full due to the level ups. This should be more than enough to construct 10 magic circles, and complete Basic Mana Training.

'This speculation is worth trying to confirm.'

And so, Hecate took a chair to sit and meditate in her thoughts.

Fortunately, with her 4D modeling ability, the magic circles were not that difficult to create and that was also because they were 60-80% similar, with only slight differences in some places and sizes.

She had completed the first circle before this, and based on this circle, it didn't take long to copy and paste the next 9 layered magic circles, with the size of each circle being larger than the previous one. Then she filled in the necessary symbols, and made some adjustments.

All that was left was to fill the magic circle with MP, like casting a building frame with cement.

Spoiler
 
You have practiced Basic Mana Training.
You have skipped the process of absorbing the surrounding mana
and proceed on to the next step.
You started to construct your 2nd to 10th circles.
 
Warning: The difficulty level of this operation is quite high
and any mistake can cause deviations in the final results.
 
 
You have finished constructing your 2nd to 10th circles virtually.
To proceed to the next step, please fill all the virtual circles with your MP.
Total MP required to fill: 175,550 MP
 
Warning: You must fill all the circles at once without pausing.
 
 
You have finished filling all the circles with your MP.
Now you just need to wait until all the circles stabilizes.
 
Your Mysticallurgy Lv7 has raised the stabilization speed by 70%.
Your Precision Mana Control Lv5 has raised the stabilization speed by 50%.
 
Current Stabilization Rate: 1% — 0 of 9 circle done
■□□□□□□□□
Estimated time to complete: ~12 hours.
 
Warning: You may not use spells or any activities to manipulate mana
before the stabilization process is complete.

 
[collapse]

Finished with the process, Hecate opened her eyes and let out a sigh of relief.

'It is done...'

Seeing the notification, she knew that her speculation was correct and all that was left was to wait until the circles stabilized. In another metaphor, it was like waiting for cement to dry.

Although it bothered her that she was prohibited from using spells, twelve hours was not a long time.

Anyway, she still had the Weakness debuff due to Archwitch's Pride, and her MP regeneration was disabled due to Mana Explosion. For the rest of the day, she will just rest and not do any activities.

At that very moment, she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Is that Basic Mana Training you're doing? That's quite nostalgic." (Dalmagna)

It looked like Dalmagna had finished enjoying the taste of the cocktail.

After all, the burning sensation only occurs for about 10 minutes or so. And once the painful burning sensation was gone, all that was left was a strong feeling of vigor that lingered for a long time.

Naturally, Dalmagna saw and understand what Hecate was doing, and he waited until Hecate finished.

"Umm, yes... I learned this skill at the Magic Academy where you sent me to." (Hecate)

"Good! So, tell me everything you experienced there." (Dalmagna)

It wasn't strange that Dalmagna knew about Basic Mana Training, since it seemed like he had some connection with the principal of Soltreus Magic Academy. Dalmagna himself did not use this skill because his race was not Human, but he had definitely seen many people who used it.

Hecate summarized what she did there, but of course not everything she said was the truth.

She used the interface to show the same information she reported to the Genesis Guild and presented it in front of Dalmagna, except without the Blacksmith relic which was complete nonsense.

In front of her, Dalmagna listened carefully to the story Hecate told him and nodded with satisfaction.

"Very good! By now you should have learned about the Artificer's main skill, Engrave Glyph, right?" (Dalmagna)

"Yes, that's right." (Hecate)

“Originally, to learn this skill you had to get the Artificer Subclass, but when I looked at your Mysticallurgy, I checked and found there was an Impart option in my skill window. But unfortunately, none of my Artificer skills are Lv10, so I can't Impart them to you." (Dalmagna)

Dalmagna paused for a bit and sighed.

That skill was truly overpowered, allowing this loli student of his to learn another Subclasses skills without having to waste a Subclass slot. It was just that his skills are lacking that he can't Impart anything further. 

If people want to Impart a skill to other people, there are two requirements that need to be fulfilled.

Firstly, the people who got imparted has the Subclass of the imparted skill. And secondly, the people who imparted the skill has mastered the said skill, in other words the said skill had to be Lv10.

A successful skill impartment will cause the people who got imparted to learn the said skill at Lv1.

By the way, only Subclass skill can be imparted.

"I understand... So that's why you sent me to Solstreus Magic Academy, so I can learn the basic there." (Hecate)

Dalmagna nodded, affirming Hecate's words.

"Correct! Now that you have learned the skill, why don't you help me with my work for a while? This will also improve your proficiency as well." (Dalmagna)

"...Okay." (Hecate)

The work that Dalmagna refers to, seems to be about those scattered items.

There are many ways to increase Proficiency points of a Subclass skill besides of using it continuously. One way is to be tutored by someone with a higher skill level or witness how they perform the skill and understand it.

Spoiler
     
  Quest Triggered!
 
     
  Became Dalmagna's Assistant
Rank: C
 
   
 
  Quest Details:
 
  ╭─────────────────────────༺♦༻─────────────────────────╮  
  • Dalmagna asked you to help him with his work.
Time Limit: Unspecified, with minimum 3 days.
 
  ─────────────────────────༺♦༻─────────────────────────  
     
  Quest Failure:      Rewards:
 
  ╭──────────༺♦༻──────────╮   ╭──────────༺♦༻──────────╮   
  • Your performance is poor.
• Dalmagna is dissatisfied with you.
  • EXP+, scaled by performance.
• Proficiency points+ for one or more Blacksmith skills, scaled by performance.
• Dalmagna's Favorability increased.
 
  ──────────༺♦༻──────────    
       
  Failure Penalty:
   
  ╭──────────༺♦༻──────────╮    
  • Dalmagna's Favorability decreased.
• Dalmagna may not ask your assistance anymore.
   
  ──────────༺♦༻──────────   ──────────༺♦༻──────────  
     
 
You have accepted the quest.
 
[collapse]

Becoming Dalmagna's assistant was the same as getting free tutoring, she doesn't have any reason to refuse.

"Very good! It's such a coincidence that you're here now. At first I had Shuna help me with my work, but I don't know what happened to her, she hasn't visited me since two days ago." (Dalmagna)

Hearing Hecate's confirmation, Dalmagna smiled in a good mood. He patted her head with his calloused hand, causing her hair to become messy.

Hecate just kept quiet and let Dalmagna ruffle her hair as he wished.

The reason why Shuna hadn't visited him recently was undoubtedly because of her nonsense reports about the Blacksmith relic. Perhaps initially, this free tutoring was intended for Shuna, as she was Dalmagna's main disciple whom he had specially trained to inherit his mantle.

Thinking about this, she didn't dare to look at Dalmagna in the eye.

 

 

IRL

I'm so sorry again to my readers for the late update...
I got sick in the past month and experiencing lethargy due to bad weather and other stuff.
There was simply no atmosphere for writing novels at that time.

I push myself to post this chapter just to tell you I'm still alive and well.
Currently, I'm still not fully recover from my sickness but hopefully will soon.

[collapse]

Even though it's a bit late, but happy new year 2024.

 

139