Chapter 6: The Law Bar
1.1k 7 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: The Law Bar

"Done, start talking."

Gradually, Zhou Qi's eyes turned into slits, seriousness took over his lackadaisical countenance.

Even so, he was forced to watch the grease-stained lady lick her fingers, making him rub his forehead. "So what did you find?"

"I felt like I was going to find something. Then your police friend came. She shot all the lackeys dead with no plans at all. Now, they're dead. I can't ask anyone anymore."

"Come on, lieutenant Chu is probably very angry. Think, 20 of her man dead."

"Tsk."

Zhou Qi remembered the empty faces of the remaining police officers. The silence in the office station. So, that's why he felt something weird in that usually bustling place. A lot of good friends have died.

"Do you think we should take this commission?"

"Take it," Sasa answered in the speed of lightning. No shred of doubt within her voice.

"Hmnn, it's going to be dangerous."

"If you ask me, we go take it. It’s not like this is the first time. The pay is also big."

Zhou Qi looked at Sasa's eyes. It was burning with hatred and resentment.

"I know you hate those drug traffickers. But try to understand. Your life is not cheap."

Each person in the Law Bar suffered from a traumatic experience in their life. Zhou Qi only chose people with a strong drive. He knew that his purpose must be in line with them. All of them must have something in common.

For example, Fatty Jhin hates drunk people especially those who beat people. After all, his father killed his mother in a fit of anger under the influence of alcohol. Zhou Qi, on the other hand, hates the indifference of people. The death of his only sister struck him the hardest.

In the eyes of Zhou Qi, only people with deep conviction could stay with him for a long time. Although it's good to have a powerful and trusty team. Their conviction was just as important. Conviction and drive were what will keep them going even in hard times. Even with the unique system in his hand, he knows that he can't do a one-man show.

Zhou Qi needs someone who wouldn't stray away from the path when times of trouble comes. Even normal people could learn and contribute with enough will.

Looking at Sasa, Zhou Qi shook his head.

"Let's go to Law, we will continue this talk with Fatty Jhin and Cheng Shi. Oh, you owe me 20,000 zeals."

Sasa pouted after hearing the bill. Despite earning a lot from commissions, 20,000 zeals was still a lot.

"I thought it was your treat." Zhou Qi chortled.

"In these times, nothing is free. Fatty would scold me once if I waste our budget like this. How about talking to him? He is the one doing the accounting."

"That miser!" Sasa gritted her teeth.

"Oh, by the way. I'm going to put someone new under you."

Sasa raised her eyebrows, curiosity shining in her eyes.

"Someone new? Will he last?"

"Make him last, I already talk to Fatty. I believe Cheng Shi would also respect my choice. Anyway, Fatty already agreed."

"Fine, you're the boss here. I don't even have a choice right?"

With a cheeky grin, Zhou Qi looked at Sasa. "Absolutely… no choice!"

The two stood up after eating. After good food and a little talk, Sasa's mood became better. Walking on the cold streets, shadows danced under the luminescence of shop lights. The hidden obscurities playing in the shade of the night.

"Hey, Fatty we're back!"

Fatty Jhin was standing on the bar stand. His hands full, mixing something some kind of drinks. There were quite a lot of customers standing on the bar. They were talking with each other, discussing things about life…and money. The classic jazzy music playing in the air made the air more vibrant.

These types of bars were rare even in the complexes of the rich and powerful. After all, it's really hard to get the right goods, especially after the void shocks.

"I hear you! You better help me first. I'm too swamped with work!"

"Coming."

Zhou Qi and Sasa took their place in the bar. Zhou Qi changed his clothes then entered the bar. With his bar uniform on, he looked quite dashing. He started mixing drinks and flipping bottles in the air like a pro. His hands moving along a unique rhythm. It was a sight to behold, catching the attention of everyone in the bar.

+1 Dexterity...

Zhou Qi's smile turned deeper after seeing the lovely green line passing through his eyes. "Perfect."

Meanwhile, Sasa started taking orders from the customers. Giving a short talk before bringing the orders along with her. It will go either to the counter or to the kitchen.

Sasa passed through the bar. She stopped in front of Fatty as if she was thinking about whether she would ask or not.

"Cheng Shi?"

"Don't bother me, he's already inside. Give him the orders." Fatty waved his hands. He looked like he was trying to get a specific concentration as mix various drinks in his hands. At this point, no one must bother him.

"Fine!"

The only lady of the Law Bar waltzed towards the kitchen with happy steps.

The loan shark's bar was famous both in the slums and the city. It's also a weird place banning smoking and prostitutes. No gambling nor drugs. No powerful alcohol. Something, incredulous considering it's a bar.

Some even declared that this place won't see good business because of their methods. But they were proven wrong. The bar's business boomed as soon as it was established. In a matter of four months, it was able to stand tall along the famous bar in the whole city of Trent.

The customers return here due to the good food and tasty fruit wines. The fruit wine made by Fatty Jhin was one of a kind. Once you taste it, you would hate the taste of alcohol. It was also very healthy according to Fatty. The food crafted by Cheng Shi was also much perfect as compared to its competitors. If Michelin's evaluation still existed in this time, Cheng Shi's cooking was homebound to get all stars possible.

Customers from all backgrounds also enjoy the place due to the unique atmosphere. It was a good place to make a connection. The place was a mixture of all social classes. Of course, no one from the crazy and blood organizations is allowed. At most, it will be people with greyish backgrounds.

The security within the premises was also very great. Unlike the other bars out there in Trent, this place is known for its scary owners. A bat carrying bartender. A wicked fatty. A hot-tempered girl. And a lady killer.

These owners hate rowdy drunk people. They're very much capable of putting the rascals in the sewers - alive. They also hate unreasonable people. When things get rough, they'll make sure that troublemaker would be half-dead. The sirens of an ambulance were sure to follow.

The scarier reason is once you are thrown out. You're bound to get picked up by the police. After getting beaten and discharged out of the bar, a police officer will drive you to the nearest precinct.

The customers truly found this place stays true to its name – The Law Bar.


Thank you to all of my readers. What should I write next? Anything in your mind?

Thank you for reading. If you liked the novel please add it to your reading list. Please do click the heart-shaped button to support me. My Patreon is also open for your support!

Please check my other novel: The Last Dukes' Memoirs

34