Chapter 13: Into The Deep
749 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13: Into The Deep

Zhou Qi dashed away, jumping out of the nearest windows. Like a gymnast, he swung and propelled himself towards the rooftop. He once again took a look at the shaking mutts.

Zhou Qi punched the stone roof, gathering and picking up the pebbles from it. He pulled out his phone and messaged Cheng Shi.

Zhou Qi: "Cheng Shi, get ready. I'm on the rooftop. The dumb mutts would huddle together on the boxes."

Zhou Qi hid again. The dumb mutts were starting to relax. Though, they dared not enter the warehouse. It seemed like they decided to wait till night. The dumb mutts were planning to use the night as a cover.

It might have worked if Cheng Shi was not on the roof. But poor mutts. They don't even know what's happening. Zhou Qi saved quite a lot of pebbles just for them. He wished to make them suffer. But due to unfortunate time constraints, he chose to end them a little bit faster.

Zhou Qi wished to save the captives faster. There's no need to waste time.

After selecting the first unlucky mutt from the bunch, he threw a stone, his hands blurring. It sped up like a bullet…

Bang!

Another one dead. The dumb mutt died before he even knew it. A bloody hole appearing on his head.

"System. Mission status."

Mission Requirements: Dead devil smugglers 2/53. Save captives 0/507, Search for more information (Completed).

"Tsk, 51 more to go. I better speed things up."

A loud voice echoed behind the boxes. He looked down and saw a dumb mutt shouting at the top of his lungs. "Just wait! Don't go around or we're all going to die! It's only a few minutes before night! Stick to your position."

"Yes, yes. Stick to your position. No need to panic! Zhou Qi grinned. He appreciated the effort. How almost wanted to clap for the poor duds stupidity. Thanks but no thanks!

Soon, he felt a man standing behind him.

"Easy right, Cheng Shi?"

He stretched his neck, looking at the man behind him. Cheng Shi was wearing an enigmatic assassin's attire. In Zhou Qi's eyes, Cheng Shi looked like a heroic and elegant man. The man of his dreams!

Zhou Qi's eyes went saucers, some saliva dripping from his lips.

"What's next Boss?

Zhou Qi gulped, his saliva felt dry. He almost hugged Cheng Shi. He looked like his favorite character in Assasin's Creed. He looked like Ezio! His movement and even armaments. When he was a kid, it was one of his favorite games.

What the heck! What the heck!

Zhou Qi pulled out his phone, his fingers in rapid movement. He was sending the message to Fatty!

Zhou Qi: "Cool! Save another one for me, please!"

Fatty received the message with a nice smile. Fatty then replied.

"Love the creed's costume? Finish the mission first! Then we'll talk."

Zhou Qi raised his head with a grin. Fatty Jhin really knew how to calm him down. His intelligence stats were dominating!

"Ahem! Get ready we're going in. Neutralized every armed man. Go for the kill. There are around 8 parts all filled with captives. You take the left side, I'll take the right."

"Roger." Cheng Shi's right hand pulled out a shiny blade from his back. A handgun covered with a silencer.

Cheng Shi also pulled out another pistol and a metal baseball bat. It was a Sig-Sauer pistol with a rimfire suppressor. There was also a light tactical vest. As for the metal bat, it was a given. An earpiece invented by Fatty was also added in tow.

"I love you Fatty!" Zhou Qi muttered under his breath. He then raised his head again.

"Thanks, Cheng Shi."

"Let's start. Don't let them kill any captives. Keep it low."

Cheng Shi nodded.

Zhou Qi left his wooden baseball bat on the rooftop. He felt like he was inside the assassin's creed every time he looked at Ezi-, I mean Cheng Shi.

Zhou Qi ran towards the windows in the back, the seventh and the eighth with Cheng Shi on his back. With his Sig-Sauer loaded, he signaled with his hands to Cheng Shi.

With bated breath, Zhou Qi whispered.

"Don't save any captives yet. Wipe the mutts first. Leave none alive."

Zhou Qi realized that aside from selfish humans there's something worst that could exist.

Twisted monsters in human form.

Thoughts flowed.

Zhou Qi asked himself, what could have entered the mind of the creator of this place. A cold shiver crept from his arms up to his spine.

Zhou Qi returned to Warehouse No. 8, the place where he left the dying man. He passed through the windows again. He was inside again. He dashed through the shadows and arrived at the door. He was like an agile cat, moving with pin-drop silence.

With his Sig-Sauer covered with the rim-fire suppressor. Zhou Qi shot the door lock. The little sound attracted the eyes of the captives. The captives scrambled deeper to their cages, shaking in fear.

"Tsk."

Zhou Qi opened the lights in the small warehouse. He flashed a shiny badge at the captives. Something he 'accidentally' borrowed in one of the cubicles in Lieutenant Chu's office.

He told the captives to keep silent, assuring that they would be saved later.

Slowly, Zhou Qi turned the doorknob, a creaking followed. He peaked from the side of his eyes, he saw no one guarding outside.

He sighed in relief. It seemed like the dumb mutts were all in the front door. Busy entertaining themselves with the imaginary sniper.

"Cheng Shi is probably moping things. I better up my game fast."

With light steps, Zhou Qi waltzed towards warehouse no. 6. Along the way, he saw trails of new blood. The trails were going to warehouse no 6.

Tens of meters away from the last warehouse.

It seemed like it came from one of the beaten captives.

The door in Warehouse no. 6 was open unlike the previous one. It was a bad sign. One of the armed men in the front probably shifted its attention to the captives.

Like a ghost, Zhou Qi double-checked the corridor. He made sure that there was no other mutt nearby.

Peeking with one of his eyes, Zhou Qi checked what was happening.

Zhou Qi saw a man pulling a bloodied captive. The captive was bruised and bloodied all over. The armed man was cursing the man as he dragged him towards one of the cages.

The other captives in the cage struggled and shook. They closed their eyes fearing that they might suffer next.

The armed man then dragged a chair, tying the bloodied man.

"Hey, man ya still awake? I know you're still awake. Wake shithead!" The man took a small bucket of water splashing it to the beaten man's face.

The armed man then lowered his head. "Come on spit it out? You're a spy, right? From what? The police, military, or the intelligence department. Who else is here? I believe you're not only the one right?"

"Peh! f*cker I'm really not! You can even ask Lector for me. I don't even know what the heck is happening. Why the heck can't you believe me?"

"Tsk. Don't play tough on me buddy." The armed mutt circled the bloodied captive. "The first one to die outside was Lector. What can he say about your case? You're the newest here! All of us had been here from the very start of this project."

"I can make you choose. A fast death? Or a slow agonizing death. Come on, spit it out before I cut your fingers one by one. "

The armed mutt then gagged the guy before beating him again.

Soon, Zhou Qi heard horrendous muffles and noises.

Zhou Qi peeked again, he saw the armed man's back wide and open.

Zhou Qi's heart sank. This place looked like a torture chamber. He read a lot of books in his past time. After the appearance of the void gates, books had been one of his ways of relaxation. He read war stories and biographies. Through those books, he understood how scary and brutal could torturing be.

It would sap your strength slowly under the duress of pain and agony. Then, if you're not broken yet. They'll make suffer in psychological torture, crushing your soul. During the war, it was used to determine spies.

Once you undergo this war torture, it really doesn't matter whether your spy or not. There were only two ends. You're going to have a fast death or a slow agonizing death.

"Infighting. At least I know that the guy is also no good. A good shot to the head will make him suffer less."

A pistol on his right and a bat on his left. A not-so-likable combination. Even so, in battle, the best weapon is the one you're most used to.

Zhou Qi took a deep breath, he gritted his teeth.

"Mission Status"

Mission Requirements. Dead devil smugglers 7/53, Save captives 0/507, Search for more information.

"Cheng Shi really moves fast. Tsk, diving in."

Zhou Qi was not a gun connoisseur. He was a melee fighter. Even so, a gun in hand was good enough to calm nerves. With his footsteps hushed, he strode casually towards the man. His walking speed looked like he was running a sprint.

It was already too late when the armed man felt something amiss.

"Hi man!" With a curt greeting, he swung his metal bat. He smashed the armed mutt on the head. The whole head was smashed like a watermelon. It exploded like a firework in the middle of summer. The reds and whites splashing before the shaking supposed-to-be spy.

He saw the eyes of the tortured man growing inches bigger. Not allowing any word to come out from the tied man's mouth.

Zhou Qi sneered.

"Bye."

Pointing his pistol to the head, he pulled the trigger.

Zhou Qi saw the dumbfounded captives. He put the metal baseball bat on his arms, putting his finger on his lips. A 'shushing gesture'. He pulled a shiny badge from his pocket then showed it to the captives.

Seeing the shiny badge, some captives held their cries in. Tears were building in their eyes. Now, an ember of hope was brimming on their tired eyes. He signaled for the captives to wait for him. Comforting them a little with his smile.

The badge was very effective. Zhou Qi praised himself inside.

Checking his watch, he checked the time.

"Two minutes. Gotta move faster."

Nodding at them, he closed the door and turned off the light of warehouse no. 6 again.

Mission Requirements. Dead devil smugglers 10/53, save captives 0/507, Search for more information (Completed).

"Next one."


Decluttered chapter done.

27